For the 500,000 time EATING MORE WORKS

Options
I know there are a million and one topics out there about this
But I feel there needs to be one more confirmation for those ppl struggling at 1200 calories and not losing
Here is my story of how increasing calories worked

I've been on this site 100 days and lost maybe 4 pounds in the first 40 days while struggling to only eat 1200 calories
after that nothing.....for 60 days I just stayed the same
1 week ago I took advice from another thread and found out my BMR and TDEE measurements and increased my calories to 1500
and this week lost 1.5 pounds....

So for those of you who "Can't stay under 1200 cals" it's really not necessary
Just thought I would share my success

Replies

• shell4short76
    shell4short76 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lxct57xVQT1r6amvbo1_500.jpg
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I agree with you!

I was eating 1450-1500 cals, burning 450 cals 6 days a week from exercise. I increased it by 200 cals and I lost 2.3 lbs this week! I was losing 0.5-0.75 a week, so yep...it works!
  • Munjoyhillgal
    Munjoyhillgal Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss and discovering what works for you. I have been on the site for 2 days so I am just learning the ropes etc. I have to say I have never been a calorie counter and food tracker and I was surprised what some of the foods I eat are actually more high calorie than I thought.
  • schninie82
    schninie82 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    A LOT of people, including myself, are scared ****less of the thought of eating more but there are too many sucess stories out there claiming it works, so after a long struggle of my own, I have decided to give it a try, and if it works for me, I shall be shouting it from the rooftops!!!

Well done on your sucess!
  • Argent78
    Argent78 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    how do I calculate the amount of calories I need having TDEE and BMR?
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    www.fat2fitradio.com/tools - use the Military Bodyfat and then the BMR/Cal Calculators :)

Congratulations OP :D
  • lind3400
    lind3400 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    :smile: Thanks everyone
  • akiramezu
    akiramezu Posts: 278
    Options
    I completely agree. but what can you do? to change peoples minds? you can't. you can give them your opinion and they choose to take it or leave it, regardless if your right or not. and in this case, EATING MORE IS COMPLETELY CORRECT
  • ivansmomma
    ivansmomma Posts: 500
    Options
    I have increased mine as well and am doing better, too.
  • o_delaisse
    o_delaisse Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I'm struggling to up my calories, been on under 1000 for a long time, then below 1300. At 1500-1600 I'm not yet seeing results (been 10 days or so) so it really knocks my confidence. It's good to see success stories like this, it keeps me going and keeps me determined. Don't want to fail because of impatience. So thank you for sharing and keeping me spurred on :)
  • AmandaCaswell1982
    AmandaCaswell1982 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I'm eating 1600 net- 2000-2200 calories when I work out. I lost 3 lbs this week. The closer I get to my goal, the more I have to eat! And I feel great. You have to trust that it works and then you have to give it time. I changed my weight loss goal to 1/2 lb a week and didn't lose for the first 2 weeks. Then I started losing! It took my body a few weeks to adjust. And I was scared. But if you don't give it time, you'll never be able to see the results!
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options

My understanding is that you never eat below your BMR & don't eat above your TDEE. I found me TDEE is supposed to be 1770 so I try to stay between 1400 & 1500 to lose 1/2 per week. Just upped it from 1300 so not sure if I have this right.

Hopefully someone will correct me ifbthis info is wrong i:bigsmile:
  • lind3400
    lind3400 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I completely agree. but what can you do? to change peoples minds? you can't. you can give them your opinion and they choose to take it or leave it, regardless if your right or not. and in this case, EATING MORE IS COMPLETELY CORRECT

I'm not out here to change someone's mind or make them believe my way is the right way
    I know personally the more positive info I see on a particular topic the more I might be willing to consider it
  • thecazstewart
    thecazstewart Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I too will be watching with bated breath to see if it works for me. I tried it last month, but was hideously under calories each and every week. So this week I'm determined to be at or a little above 1400 per day.

It's scary stuff as I "feel" fat eating 1400 - I have been averaging 1100 per day for 4 years and my weightloss has stalled for the past 12 months. Enough now. I have to try something different and up my intake.
  • lclowe0808
    lclowe0808 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I've had bariatric surgery and struggle with eating enough. My dietician has told me exactly what you are saying.....when I'm working out hard, I need to eat more. This past week I have only lost a pound and I've had some hard workouts. I will be focusing on eating more this weekend and hopefully will see a difference.
  • chicpeach
    chicpeach Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I have no idea about all the acronyms, I keep it really simple. I try my very best to always NET at least 1200 calories. Some days that means I eat 1400 cals and others 1600 or more, but my net is always at least 1200. It works for me, and at just over 5 weeks, I'm still a newbie. Maybe down the road I will need to know those acronyms and how to calculate them, but for now the KISS method is working.
  • Argent78
    Argent78 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    www.fat2fitradio.com/tools - use the Military Bodyfat and then the BMR/Cal Calculators :)

Congratulations OP :D

thanks!!!
  • elri1908
    elri1908 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    A LOT of people, including myself, are scared ****less of the thought of eating more but there are too many sucess stories out there claiming it works, so after a long struggle of my own, I have decided to give it a try, and if it works for me, I shall be shouting it from the rooftops!!!

Well done on your sucess!

Same here! I started trying it today, might I say VERY RELUCTANTLY .... I really hope it works for me! Day 1 was a challenge!
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • tbresina
    tbresina Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    ok, but I don't understand it, the reason most of us are here is because we ate high calories.......so how is eating high calories supposed to make us lose? I am 5ft 51/2 and at my highest 174 now at 146 and want to be at 135.........I cannot seem to lose that last 10 lbs! I am at 1200 cal/day but I work out 4 days a week and burn anywhere from 400-800 each time. I am scared as all hell to increase cals, ive worked so hard to just get here ya know?