Bump
  • Super_mom
    Super_mom Posts: 185
    Options
    BUMP
  • minime2b
    minime2b Posts: 168
    Options
    Bump this....But wanna say for me I love chocolate and I have yet to find one that I like if mixed with just water. I use unsweetend almond milk. Silk brand has only 35 cals and its worth how it tastes. We invested in the magic bullet (as seen on tv) and it makes the shakes yummy, smooth and cleanup is easy. Picked mine up at bed bath and beyond.
  • lclowe0808
    lclowe0808 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Unjury is my favorite. I buy the unflavored and put it in different foods.
  • Zalissa
    Zalissa Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried it yet, but I recently purchased some whey protein. I went to my local health food store and just read through all of the nutrition panels. This one came out on top. It is Jay Robb Whey Protein: 110 Calories, 0g fat, 1g carbs, 25g protein. I forgot to look at the sweeteners, but having just grabbed the bag, it's sweetened with stevia. It was probably a little pricier than I would like. I also bought the smallest size just to get a sample of the taste. It was around $25 for 12 oz. which is 11 servings. Once I have some, I'll report back on the taste. Oh, and I'm in Ohio.
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Lean Shake 25 at GNC. PACKED with protein (25 grams). Chocolate is the best flavor. Be sure to only buy the powdered version, no matter what flavor, because the mix has WAYYY more fiber than the pre-made version (already mixed, like liquid). Fiber helps you feel fuller btw ;)

This is what I use...I use it with skim milk & it taste just like a chocolate milkshake to me...The powder is also cheaper than the pre-mixed ones...Get a GNC card & you get a discount plus they always have sales...Good luck!! :)

16043484.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • lelasutt
    lelasutt Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Optimum Nutrition's Platinum Hydro Whey in Turbo Chocolate. Its got 30 grams of protein for 140 calories. I mix it with water in a shaker cup and it tastes really yummy. No grit or clumps. I don't like having to mess up a blender every day as i'm on a really tight schedule after bootcamp and trying to make it to work on time. I order mine from vitacost.com , they are cheaper than alot of places. I buy all my vitamins, protein powders, etc. from them. free shipping is a plus too. hope this is helpful.
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    Muscle and Strength Isofuel. I have tried Optimum Nutrition, muscle milk, scivation, MGN, dymatize, eas, gnc and still isofuel is the best. Great profile and taste is the best.
  • eschwab855
    eschwab855 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I use two. I chose them for 2 main reasons: Taste, and the ability to be mixed easily with just a spoon in water. I HATE having my blender dirty all the time from mixing up shakes.:noway: Anyway, the first one is Promasil Milk Chocolate. It mixes with a spoon in about 20 sec, and I SWEAR it tastes just like milk chocolate. It's sweetened with Stevia, and you get 20 gm of protein for only 90 calories (that's one scoop). It's a GNC brand but I buy it from a website called Luckynutrition.com. It's way cheaper. Anyway, the other one is called Optimum Nutrition 100% Gold Standard Whey in Triple Milk Chocolate (Could it HAVE a longer name?! lol) It's cheaper, and mixes ever smoother with just a spoon. One scoop has 24 gm of protein and 120 cals. It's not quite as sweet, but still tasty, and I am SUPER PICKY!! I buy it on Amazon.com, and get free shipping--super easy and cheaper than stores in my area. I just chug the protein shakes, and eat raw fruit on the side or whatever to get my carbs. I upped my protein to 150 gm/day, and that's when I started seeing changes. I've only been back at this for 3 months, and my back was never this muscular in my 20s, even though I lifted for years!! I'm convinced the extra protein is the key for developing/conditioning/maintaining your lean body mass. (I eat a TON of carbs too, not that it matters...:laugh: ) Anyway, best wishes!!:flowerforyou:

These have been my results in the last 3 months, and I attribute much of my progress to getting adequate protein, and obviously training hard. I just do NOT have time to get 150 gm from "real" food with 2 little kids running around. I need the shakes to supplement.

152lbsphotobucketbackview-1.jpg
    Get a shaker cup it's really a must when using protein you will like it even more and it's easy to clean
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Get a shaker cup it's really a must when using protein you will like it even more and it's easy to clean

Yes!! I keep meaning to do that!! Wonder where I can get one? I really prefer to shop online. Thanks for the reminder, I've been forgetting to do this. I'll look today :flowerforyou:
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    i got a shaker cup off of amazon? or maybe muscle and strength....they're cheap and yes when you're done drinking just pour hot water and leave it in the sink for a little while
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I use two. I chose them for 2 main reasons: Taste, and the ability to be mixed easily with just a spoon in water. I HATE having my blender dirty all the time from mixing up shakes.:noway: Anyway, the first one is Promasil Milk Chocolate. It mixes with a spoon in about 20 sec, and I SWEAR it tastes just like milk chocolate. It's sweetened with Stevia, and you get 20 gm of protein for only 90 calories (that's one scoop). It's a GNC brand but I buy it from a website called Luckynutrition.com. It's way cheaper. Anyway, the other one is called Optimum Nutrition 100% Gold Standard Whey in Triple Milk Chocolate (Could it HAVE a longer name?! lol) It's cheaper, and mixes ever smoother with just a spoon. One scoop has 24 gm of protein and 120 cals. It's not quite as sweet, but still tasty, and I am SUPER PICKY!! I buy it on Amazon.com, and get free shipping--super easy and cheaper than stores in my area. I just chug the protein shakes, and eat raw fruit on the side or whatever to get my carbs. I upped my protein to 150 gm/day, and that's when I started seeing changes. I've only been back at this for 3 months, and my back was never this muscular in my 20s, even though I lifted for years!! I'm convinced the extra protein is the key for developing/conditioning/maintaining your lean body mass. (I eat a TON of carbs too, not that it matters...:laugh: ) Anyway, best wishes!!:flowerforyou:

These have been my results in the last 3 months, and I attribute much of my progress to getting adequate protein, and obviously training hard. I just do NOT have time to get 150 gm from "real" food with 2 little kids running around. I need the shakes to supplement.

152lbsphotobucketbackview-1.jpg

Oooops, sorry, it's Luckyvitamin.com, NOT luckynutrition.com......sorry :grumble:
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Right now I have Pure Protein- chocolate flavor and I add half a scoop of it to Chobani black cherry Greek yogurt, or blend with some milk, frozen banana, and sometime PB. It tastes like chocolate milk just plain, and the consistency isn't chalky like some of the other brands. I got a 2(maybe 2.5?) pound container from WalMart for $18. I've tried their vanilla and strawberry flavors too. Vanilla is good, but the strawberry tastes horribly artificial and I ended up throwing it out.
    I also have Dymatize Elite Pina Colada and I usually just add it to a fruit smoothie, which is really nice. I got it (on sale) for $16 on bodybuilding.com. I also have the cappuccino rush flavor, which is ok. It's a little sweeter than I like and the coffee flavor (to me) isn't very strong, so I add part of a Starbucks iced coffee packet to it when I drink it and it's not too bad. Oh, I also have the peanut butter chocolate flavor, which is really good just mixed with skim milk. This is one of my favorite brands.
    GNC has a really good protein powder too. I can't remember what the specific one was, but it was really low in carbs and sugar. It mixed the best by far, but a 2 pound container from there was $35 when I bought it, so I haven't bought it since.
    Jay Robb also mixes really well, but is a bit more expensive and in a much smaller container.
  • Happymom12
    Happymom12 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Body by Vi is my favorite ever. (Vi Salus) Its great I love it, only 90 cals and you can mix skim milk to add even more protein and fruit or whatever you want, it tastes good alone too. I'm tryin to lose weight not get muscular, idk which your lookin for but its a good one and I think its good for both!

I agree with the above. Out all of the protein powders I have tried this one tastes the best and gives me more energy. If you want more information on it you can search their website.
  • maximus3545
    Options
    I use Optimum Nutrition's oats and whey taste great and their is no No Artificial Flavors or Sweeteners 24grams of protein 22grams of complex carbs and 1.5 gram of fat.
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options

Yes!! I keep meaning to do that!! Wonder where I can get one? I really prefer to shop online. Thanks for the reminder, I've been forgetting to do this. I'll look today :flowerforyou:

I got mine at Walmart for $2
  • taxidermist15
    taxidermist15 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    has anyone found a good protein powder that dissolves in water?? something you can just mix with a spoon?? I cannot even stand the taste of milk, or anything milky ... that combined with the fact i cant eat eggs.... im stuffed hahaha
  • MisFitMom219
    MisFitMom219 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I love Optimum Nutrition Whey --Mint Chocolate is sooo good! I mix it w/skim milk & pour it over my f-factor cereal (:

I've also tried the banana, good but a bit sweet for me
    double chocolate, typical choclolate flavor
    mocha cappucino - love! even add some black coffee for an extra kick (even though yes caffeine dehydrates, I still <3 it)

I've used the myoplex pre made drinks -- not a fan, however their carb control mix on your own is pretty good.

GNC's whey metabolic extreme both chocolate & vanilla are great tasting whey proteins! ---The vanilla is PERFECT for cooking things like --yummy lemon protein bars or apple swirl bread (Jamie Easons Recipes).

If you want great reviews on a wide variety of brands check out bodybuilding.com --- don't let the name scare you, all kinds of people use it & the reviews can be really helpful! You can price compare & check out the nutrition labels!

...I live in OhiO but do ALL shopping online!

Hope this helps! -- good luck!
  • designerel
    designerel Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    bump!