Can I lose 25lbs in 3 months - I only have 30 to lose total

Options
Getting married in August - Desperate to lose (ideally 30lbs) but would be thrilled w 20.
Im 5'8, 161lbs

Is it realistic to think I can lose that much weight in such a short amout of time?- especially since I have been on this journey since Seprember and I have only lost like 4lbs.

Replies

• kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    I think you can do anything you put your mind to.
  • Hollybot
    Hollybot Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    When you have less to loose its harder to loose. I only have 30 lbs to loose, I loose about 1/4 lb a week.
  • korsicash
    korsicash Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I understand why you want to do it, be healthy. If you try hard you can healthy do 1.5 to 2 lbs a week and then tone for the next 3 months.
  • YoshiBF
    YoshiBF Posts: 6
    Options
    It's possible - but not healthy. I honestly think that unless you're obese you shouldn't try to lose weight that fast.

You're actually in the healthy range right now - the ideal weight for you is 146 which is only 15 pounds away!
    ( http://howmuchshouldiweigh.org/?gender=female&height=5.8 )

In my opinion, you should slow down. You can lose weight, but just keep in mind that you're not overweight as it is and don't over-do it!
  • kimmydear
    kimmydear Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    You're shorting yourself at least 1 month, so yeah I think you can do it. I hope so, because I have the same goal for mid-July! ;-)
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    If I were you, I would put more focus on strength training and eating right so you lose more fat (and therefore more inches) than fat and muscle! I'm sure you want to look as good as possible on your big day, so paying attention to measurements is a better idea than having a goal weight in mind. No one is going to weigh you on your wedding day, but everyone will see what you look like, so toning and firming would be my emphasis if I were you, especially because you don't have a whole lot of weight to lose!

I'm currently giving Chalean Extreme a try, and I really like it! I'm sure you could find similar programs and exercises online for free or you could make use of the weights at your gym if you have a membership!

Just a few ideas :)
  • ashiggins
    ashiggins Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    It would be very difficult to lose that much in a healthy way in a short amount of time (I want to lose about 20 pounds as well). If you lost about 1-1.5 pounds a week you would be at about 15-18 pounds lost in 3 months. But, since you have an important event, you could push harder and get to the 30! Definitely bump up the workouts and intensity because the how you look on the outside is more important than the number on the scale!

Most important...whether or not you lose the weight, your wedding will be one of the best days of your life! I didn't lose the weight I wanted for my wedding last summer, but the entire day, I never once thought about my weight...just about how amazing the day was and how happy I was.

Good luck!
  • dbybe
    dbybe Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You would really have to step up the exercise to loose that quickly. As a male, I can do it by a combination of reducing my eating and adding daily cycling. Even 2 lbs per week would be a deficit of 1000 calories per day though, so that would be tough. If I were eating at my daily allowance to stay even, that would mean riding about 50 miles a day to burn the additional 1000 calories, which would be very difficult.

I would suggest being careful with your eating and add daily cycling to your routine. Try and incorporate activities you already do such as running errands, etc. Substitute the bicycle for car trips. Get your errands done and your exercise in, all at the same time. Let the weight come off at a comfortable pace, and do not set unreasonable goals for yourself. It will just make you discouraged if you do not meet them.

Good luck to you and congratulations on the upcoming wedding.

My motto: "Ride More, Eat Less"
    Don
    Sacramento, California
  • maddiedog22
    maddiedog22 Posts: 116
    Options
    I think u can do it, healthy style too. I lost 17 in 3 months. I was 142lbs now 125lbs I'm only 5'2 also it was tough work but it's possible
  • TNTwedell
    TNTwedell Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    thanks to everyone! :flowerforyou:
    Im going to increase my exercise 2x and up my protein considerably.... i'll try this for 1 month & if the results are positive (without me feeling terrible) then I'll keep it up!