Picky eaters

Options
Any other picky eaters out there? The list of foods I don't like is way too long to list.

Was just wondering what other picky eaters do. I seem to eat the same thing in week in and week out.

Replies

• N6mqq
    N6mqq Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm definitely a picky eater, I don't do fish of any kind, and many cooked veggies. Why is it that the veggie of choice in restaurants is broccoli? I can't stand the smell of it.
  • ffuunnnnyy__ggiirrll
    Options
    Me either!

Do you find yourself eating the same day in and out?
  • Leanne3552000
    Leanne3552000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I hate how picky I am! The main problem I have is not eating meat, onions or sauces. I only like very bland food so it does get boring but I try use a different kind of bread or veges every now and then to make things a little more interesting
  • LovesGG
    LovesGG Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't call myself a picky eater. I like to say my tastebuds have a narrow mind lol. I do feel like my life revolves around the same 10-15 foods though. However, it makes it that much easier for me to log my food intake
  • Captian_Dathon
    Options
    I'm very picky! I don't actually eat all that much, but what I do eat tends to be the size of a quarter and 800 calories per serving. D: I need to get addicted to fruits and veggies again.
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I was one.
    And then I realized that the list of things I liked? Were all processed and unhealthy.
    So, I decided to change my attitude towards food, which was not easy in any way. But it's amazing how breaking down these items I didn't like to the most basic form and finding out how to properly prepare them and how to add elements to make them more appealing helped re-teach my body and my taste buds.
    I still don't care for most steamed veggies. Or cooked spinach. But I love brussel sprouts, almost any fresh veggie or fruit, I'll try anything now. It makes life more enjoyable when I'm not so focused on "what I don't like" and I can just have a good time learning "what I do like".
    Good luck! And expand your horizons. The more you say "I don't like that" or "I can't do that", the more you limit your success.
    This is your journey. You can make it as easy or as difficult as you wish.
  • slrose
    slrose Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    i am SO picky
  • corastoeger16
    Options
    I am such a picky eater as well and I know this sounds crazy and impossible, but the best way I have found to over come my very selective taste buds, is to make myself eat things I don't like. Yes, I know-it is the worst thought for a picky eater, but it really works. I used to HATE oatmeal, but after forcing myself to eat it.. I now love it. I used to hate hate broccoli, and again now after shoving it down my own throat.. I love it. I used to never be able to eat peas, oranges, salads, green peppers, really any vegtable cooked, but now after a long looong process I now enjoy eating these things! I know it's not easy, but it really does work.
  • slrose
    slrose Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    i am SO picky

i hate to eat out...ive worked in restaurants and the thought for having hands touch my food grosses me out!
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    I used to be a pretty picky eater but I think I just grew out of it. Keep experimenting with different food combinations, you'll get there.
  • ffuunnnnyy__ggiirrll
    Options
    It's almost like I have a fear of new foods. I mean what's the worst that could happen? That I don't like it, spit it our, drink some water to get rid of the taste? Yet I am afraid to try new things!

I have been saying for months that I will try oatmeal and yougurt but still haven't. Funny thing is I love oatmeal cookies. Go figure.
  • heeytheresunshine
    heeytheresunshine Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm a super picky eater, and it's really annoying.
  • hoozieg
    hoozieg Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am WAY picky, especially when it comes to veggies. I like the ones that are starchy - corn, peas, carrots, potatoes, beets; hate the ones that are good. As a kid, my dad always made me eat stuff I hated saying, "Eat it! You'll LEARN to like it!" Well Dad...it didn't work! Is there anyplace that has good veggie recipes for people who hate them??
  • Molly182
    Molly182 Posts: 406
    Options
    I am extremely picky. It definitely sucks. People are amazed at the things I don't like
  • PlasticPsycho
    Options
    Same here :/ People tend to tell me I am very picky.
    The big problem is that you don't get all your nutritions when you always eat the same.
    So I sometimes have to force myself to eat the healthy stuff I don't like
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I am such a picky eater as well and I know this sounds crazy and impossible, but the best way I have found to over come my very selective taste buds, is to make myself eat things I don't like. Yes, I know-it is the worst thought for a picky eater, but it really works. I used to HATE oatmeal, but after forcing myself to eat it.. I now love it. I used to hate hate broccoli, and again now after shoving it down my own throat.. I love it. I used to never be able to eat peas, oranges, salads, green peppers, really any vegtable cooked, but now after a long looong process I now enjoy eating these things! I know it's not easy, but it really does work.

This. I also used to hate oatmeal and forced myself to eat it until I liked it. As well as green beans, sweet potatoes,rice and asparagus. I still can't get into broccoli or fish though.
  • mmstgr
    mmstgr Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    You are not alone. I'm quite picky. And so is my whole family.
  • Aprilh0603
    Options
    Huge picky eater here. My issue is seldom due to the taste of a food though, it's usually the texture that puts me off of foods.
  • jslcook
    jslcook Posts: 11
    Options
    picky eater here....My problem is not liking fruit. How am i suppose to eat healthy if i don't like fruit. I can drink the mess out of some juice but eating EEEWW!....oh what to do :{