jogging/running and blisters from shoes

I'm up to about 1.5 miles at 4.2 mph jogging barefoot but am still having trouble making it with shoes...they feel heavy and I keep getting.blisters when I try to jog with shoes....no matter which ones I wear....argh...any ideas on how to not get blisters? Today I tried vaseline on the back of my heels but ended up throwing my shoes off to run instead

Replies

• lodogz
    lodogz Posts: 12 Member
    I cant believe you jog barefoot. I finally found me a good pair of running/walking shoes. I usually have problems with my heels hurting all the time. I spent $110.00 on them but well worth it. You probably need to get a pair of good running shoes. Try to find a store that will let you try them out for a month. The store we have here has a treadmill in it for you to try but you also have a month with them too. They also measure your foot to make sure your getting the right type. Do you have a store like that where you live?
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    socks? Not cotton ones, but good techy ones made for running.
    Also, making sure you are wearing the right shoe for your running form/style/build/strike, etc.
  • tracyco66
    tracyco66 Posts: 25 Member
    I cant believe you jog barefoot. I finally found me a good pair of running/walking shoes. I usually have problems with my heels hurting all the time. I spent $110.00 on them but well worth it. You probably need to get a pair of good running shoes. Try to find a store that will let you try them out for a month. The store we have here has a treadmill in it for you to try but you also have a month with them too. They also measure your foot to make sure your getting the right type. Do you have a store like that where you live?

wow I don't know but that is awesome!!!! What is the name of the store and I can look. I don't know...I got a pair of lightweight running shoes tonight and jogged in place in the shoe aisle for a little bit LOL. I should just get Vibrams and be done with it.
  • tracyco66
    socks? Not cotton ones, but good techy ones made for running.
    Also, making sure you are wearing the right shoe for your running form/style/build/strike, etc.

What are they made out of? I did try running in my cotton socks the other day. I really don't want to toughen up the bottom of my feet by running them on a treadmill, call me a girl but I like my feet soft...LOL
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    I second getting your feet 'fit' for shoes. A good running shoe store will watch you walk and pic shoes for how your feet hit the floor.

I used to get blisters, too, but when I finally got my feet fit, no blisters....even the very first time I wore them.

Oh, and get wicking socks not cotton socks.
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    I get blisters on the tips of my big toes. I can only notice them when I'm in the bath and my feet are wet. There is no pain whatsoever. Wish I had the guts to run barefoot, I hear there is no comparison!
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    If your doing so well barefoot, why do you care about shoes?? If your just looking for a little more protection try some minimal shoes like vibram five fingers or Fila Skeletoes.
  • Try two pairs of socks so that it rubs between the socks rather than the sock on your foot.
  • MellyLikestoRun
    MellyLikestoRun Posts: 83 Member
    I always wear running shoes that are 1/2 size larger than my "regular" size. That helps with blisters on the ends of toes. The heel blisters are commonly from cotton socks. Try a blend/synthetic sock, or 2 thin pairs. Body Glide also works well. I put it on ends of my toes and along my heels. Best of luck. - Melissa
  • tracyco66
    thanks everyone! I have been wearing cotton socks so I will definitely change that up
  • tracyco66
    If your doing so well barefoot, why do you care about shoes?? If your just looking for a little more protection try some minimal shoes like vibram five fingers or Fila Skeletoes.

I think I am going to check these out as well, thanks!