To any of you who have gotten their belly buttons pierced

Options
Did it scar? I wanna pierce mine but I would hate if it left a scar.

Replies

• ChristyU74
    ChristyU74 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I don't know...I've never taken mine out! But I would imagine that it would be a pretty small and not-so-noticeable hole once you take out the ring.
  • NU2U
    NU2U Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I got mine done, but took it out after a month..it was very irritating..but it didn't scar. Still have my NRs though..love them.
  • Jljones2787
    Options
    I got mine done 9 years ago and there's still a scar. It's not like a hideous scar, almost looks like a weird mole. I say go for it! They're cute! :)
  • DollHouseKiera
    Options
    First, it's your navel, not your belly button...

Second, it depends on your skin, your scarring rate, and how well you take care of the piercing while you have it. Any time you make a hole in your flesh, there's bound to be some slight scar or indication that it was there... If you took proper care of the piercing, the scar shouldn't be noticeable.
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Mine scared and I absolutely hate it for the last 8yrs since i took it out
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    I had mine done 2 years ago, but as soon as I started losing weight recently, it healed over. It has left a small scar that has been disappearing real quick. Soon as the scar is gone i'm gettiing it done again :P
  • DarkNebula84
    DarkNebula84 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    All of my piercings scared really bad...never again will I get one! My lip is the worst though.
  • InkedBeauty89
    InkedBeauty89 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    If its pierced right and taken care of well it shouldnt leave more than a small dot as a scar if you decide to take it out.
  • raisingbabyk
    raisingbabyk Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I can see the hole/scar from all of my old piercings. Sucks for the facial ones like lip and eyebrow but it is what it is. It doesn`t bother me any to have it but it gets REALLY annoying when people ask "Did you used to have your eyebrow/lip pierced?" after staring at it :ohwell:

I plan on getting my belly button done this summer :)
  • CollegeGirl19
    Options
    Mine was nearly ripped out and then it started rejecting, so I have this really nasty scar from the origninal exit hole to about halfway between the entrance and exit. I got it repierced about 5 weeks ago to disguise the scar and it seems fine so far, but that first scar will never go away.

Just like any other mods, take good care of it, clean it, and it will heal just fine.
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    The only thing that left a mark on me is that I have a bump on my tongue.

I got my bellybutton done 7 years ago, took it out for like a year, put it back in. Never scarred. I assume it varies per person. My body doesn't retain scarring anywhere.
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    mine did after I had my daughter. it looks horrible now :(
  • k8lyn_235
    k8lyn_235 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I don't know...I've never taken mine out! But I would imagine that it would be a pretty small and not-so-noticeable hole once you take out the ring.

same here! just got mine pierced less than a year ago, though.. so it's going to be a long time before i take it out for good!

i did have my nose pierced and after removing that it left a tiny tiny scar that probably only i notice. i'd assume the belly button would be similar.
  • LisaCFSF
    LisaCFSF Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I've had mine for > 15 yrs. Even though I've gained a fair amount of weight since then, I still have it!!! Took it out before, but it just looked strange without it being there. There is a minimal scar, not too bad. It will depend on how well the piercing is done, how well it is cared for, and how your body naturally scars.
  • tcpowell25
    tcpowell25 Posts: 292
    Options
    Got mine done and no it didn't leave a scar. I heal pretty quickly though. I think it depends on the type of skin and the way it heals. Everyone is different and heal differentlly. I think if you take good care of it, it won't scar too bad. Maybe just leave a small hole for a while.
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Yep, I have a scar from the second time, the first time was crooked, plus when I had a kid I got a nice big strech mark coming from it!
  • k8lyn_235
    k8lyn_235 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    First, unless you're 5 years old, it's your navel, not your belly button...

so after age 5 no one is allowed to say belly button? :huh:
  • xMsAlly
    xMsAlly Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Like some of the others, I've never taken mine out. I got it done almost a year and a half ago. I think it'll leave a small scar when I take it out.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    My daughter's started to migrate to the surface and healed with a very noticeable hole. If you do get it done, go for bioplast jewelry or, at the very least, titanium. There's a lot less chance of rejection/migration.
  • Christina_3192
    Christina_3192 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Have had mine done 4 times and 3 times it has left a scar BUT that was because my body hated stainless steel.

My # 4 time is healing awesomely thanks to my new piercer getting me a titanium belly ring.
    No movement or rejection this time ^.^

Seriously, highly recommend trying titanium if you haven't had success with a belly button piercing before.