Completing my first Fun Run/Walk for Charity.

Options
I've just recently gotten back in to the swing of things, fitness wise. Yesterday my friend asked me if I wanted to do a mini marathon with her and of course I jumped at the chance! It was this morning.

It was a 5 mile run and walk for the awareness of MSA. We're both somewhat out of shape (me more so than her) so we power walked the whole way, finishing in 1hr 25mins. I am so proud of us as it was both our first and the sense of accomplishment that I feel is just what I needed to jump start my fitness journey.

It's been 5 hours and I am still pumped. I'm wanting to go to the gym but I know I'll over do it so I'm pacing myself. Needless to say, tomorrow can't come fast enough.

I just had to share. :)

Replies

• ksraider
    ksraider Posts: 107
    Options
    Congradulations. I find myself wanting to get out and go walking all the time now. I have to keep it to 2 1/2 miles in the am and 3 miles at nite. Never thought I would enjoy exercising. Keep up the good work.
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great job! Your time was really great, too, for someone who claims to be "kind of out of shape". :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
  • Sweetness023
    Options
    Thanks for the support! :happy:
  • MGDerner
    MGDerner Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    What a great cause and a great accomplishment! Very inspiring!
  • jcriscuolo
    jcriscuolo Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, sweetness. Nothing like setting a goal and completing it. The sky's the limit. Stay pumped and keep moving forward. You are an inspriation!
  • kenny_johnson
    kenny_johnson Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Congrats!

I just completed my first charity walk/5k today. I'm also still out of shape, so I walked it, with a few downhill jogs. I finished it in 46 mins (it wasn't quite a full 5k, but I averaged about 15 mins/mile.).
  • Sweetness023
    Options
    Congrats!

I just completed my first charity walk/5k today. I'm also still out of shape, so I walked it, with a few downhill jogs. I finished it in 46 mins (it wasn't quite a full 5k, but I averaged about 15 mins/mile.).

Wow, that is fantastic! Well done and keep up the good work! =D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!