To any of you who have gotten their belly buttons pierced

Options

Replies

• BCKS
    BCKS Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    First, unless you're 5 years old, it's your navel, not your belly button...

so after age 5 no one is allowed to say belly button? :huh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • pixieewillbethin
    Options
    I had mine pierced and yes it did scar. Any piercing you take out will leave some sort of scar. It's not really that noticeable unless someone's staring upclose at your belly button. It's just like a hard dot.
  • rachelgoutos
    Options
    Mine scarred, but it just looks like a little dot. Looking forward to getting it done again once I lose a lot of this weight! :happy:
  • westcoaster09
    Options
    When I got mine done it started to reject and never healed so I had to take it out. I scar very easily and my scar is seems to have faded a lot and I had to actually point it out for my boyfriend to notice. So I say, if you want to get it done go for it, just make sure to keep it REALLY clean :)
  • westcoaster09
    Options
    Have had mine done 4 times and 3 times it has left a scar BUT that was because my body hated stainless steel.

My # 4 time is healing awesomely thanks to my new piercer getting me a titanium belly ring.
    No movement or rejection this time ^.^

Seriously, highly recommend trying titanium if you haven't had success with a belly button piercing before.

My body hates stainless too! Thanks for the suggestion :)
  • Farfourah
    Farfourah Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    I've haven't taken my out....I can't imagine that it'd scar that badly though.
  • DollHouseKiera
    Options

You're allowed, of course, but you should have the intelligence NOT to... Everyone is allowed to be stupid, or act that way...

Every tattoo artist/piercer that I know charges extra when people say "bellybutton"... Stupidity tax.

Just an FYI... dumbing yourself down does not make you cute.
  • NU2U
    NU2U Posts: 659 Member
    Options

You're allowed, of course, but you should have the intelligence NOT to... Everyone is allowed to be stupid, or act that way...

Every tattoo artist/piercer that I know charges extra when people say "bellybutton"... Stupidity tax.

Geeez..where in the hell did that come from?
  • pinkhu13
    pinkhu13 Posts: 133
    Options
    I loved my piercing (I love piercings in general though) but I had to take mine out and it did scar but that's because I have extremely sensitive skin and I keloid easily (I have some very small ones on my ears). But it's hardly noticeable :)
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I had mine done 8 1/2 years ago, I've never had it out long enough to know if it scars / doesn't heal but it's never caused any problems or anything.

When the bar is out it just looks like a small dot / hole. I will say that it's not like an ear piercing in that it's unnoticeable when out, you do notice it, but it's not horrible or anything (IMO anyway) and I don't know whether it goes away after time, I would say the most I've had a bar out before would be around 3 months.
  • colorlessgreen
    colorlessgreen Posts: 173 Member
    Options

I'm sorry, but I'm one of the most pedantic people I know, and I don't see a damn thing wrong with saying "belly button." I'm sure there are people in the piercing community, like you, who only use the word "navel," but that doesn't mean it's the only correct thing to call it. I'm a skydiver, but I'm not condescending to people who call my "canopy" a "parachute," even though it sounds a little silly to me.

Edit to say: sorry for thread hijacking. Back to the topic at hand.
  • pinkhu13
    pinkhu13 Posts: 133
    Options

It's not that serious. Calm down.
  • dictations
    dictations Posts: 199
    Options

LOLing at how you insist on embarrassing yourself.
  • Farfourah
    Farfourah Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    I'll be 20 at the end of April, and I call my belly button a belly button....

tumblr_lwz6u3g3Ch1qm4no6.gif
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Mine never heals. It's made it through 3 pregnancies and I didn't have a ring in it for 3 years.
  • _Kate_P
    _Kate_P Posts: 132
    Options
    dont know, never taken mine out..well except to clean etc. I think it depends on how well you take care of it, how well they do it, and how much you scar. I don't tend to scar so I'm not concerned about mine! Just make sure to get it done somewhere very professional where everything is very sterile or it'll cause problems. A couple of my friends have had theirs done and got them done at a not so nice place and have gotten infections etc.. I got mine done at a very clean, reputable, tattoo/piercing parlor and have never had a problem!
  • 7funnygirl7
    7funnygirl7 Posts: 1,176
    Options
    This is on my bucket list of things to do!~ Of course I have to lose my stomach to be able to really see my NAVEL...LOL :bigsmile:
  • Alanakrahenbil
    Alanakrahenbil Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I took mine out years ago(after my first pregnancy) and it never healed. the hole is still there and there's just a little flap of skin now.
  • LishaCole
    LishaCole Posts: 245
    Options
    The use of scientifically appropriate terms, especially in a condescending manor, leads to social alienation. No doubt you have realized this.

... I have always wanted to get my belly button pierced (when I am down to my goal weight), but have often wondered the affects of pregnancy? Anyone have experiences to share?
  • Alanakrahenbil
    Alanakrahenbil Posts: 811 Member
    Options

... I have always wanted to get my belly button pierced (when I am down to my goal weight), but have often wondered the affects of pregnancy? Anyone have experiences to share?

Mine stretched pretty bad. I kept the ring in for almost 7 months with my first and when I got pregnant with my daughter(in 2009) I took it out and never put it back in. I hate the way my belly looks because of the stretch marks and the stretched belly button just adds to that.