Replies

• lynette111
    lynette111 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    To Cammm87--- You are correct.
  • hanniejong
    hanniejong Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    OK I gained weight this week so I am upping my calories to see what happens.
  • ByrdMessy
    ByrdMessy Posts: 94
    Options
    I started couting calories two weeks ago. I'm 5 feet tall so keep that in mind! I've been drinking an average of 4 cups of water a day (I'm sorry, but I can't do more at this point, I just can't.). Been eating an average of 1452 calories per day. And have averaged a deficit of 848 calories per day. My weight has been fluctuating a lot daily, but I can't say that I've lost anything on the scale. I did 181 minutes of cardio last week and 144 this week--I don't want to over do it--and just started a tiny bit of strength, too.

It's possible I'm not eating over my BMR, but without spending money on a more accurate read, how long do I wait to change my intake? It's only been two weeks, and I've heard a lot of people say to be patient, especially when just starting out. It's not that I'm scared to eat more, but I do know that to fill those calories, I'll seek easy options that aren't as healthy. Also, MFP is the one to suggest 1400 calories daily, knowing my BMR is possibly higher.

from the sounds of it you're burning too many calories in exercise and therefore should probably make your daily intake a lot higher to make up for it or eat back your exercise cals, or your going to start buring through your muscle

I'm not gonna put up a fight--I will do better to eat back my exercise calories. Know any high-calorie, low-fat/sodium foods for a pescetarian? Would that be mostly carbs?
  • mpf1
    mpf1 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    bump
  • k0nfyo0zed
    k0nfyo0zed Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lxct57xVQT1r6amvbo1_500.jpg

LOVE this. :)
  • k0nfyo0zed
    k0nfyo0zed Posts: 313 Member
    Options

I'm not gonna put up a fight--I will do better to eat back my exercise calories. Know any high-calorie, low-fat/sodium foods for a pescetarian? Would that be mostly carbs?

unsalted nuts are healthy fats and proteins. you can mix them into lots of things or eat them plain. shell fish too.
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    A LOT of people, including myself, are scared ****less of the thought of eating more but there are too many sucess stories out there claiming it works, so after a long struggle of my own, I have decided to give it a try, and if it works for me, I shall be shouting it from the rooftops!!!

Well done on your sucess!

Same here. I recently upped my calories to 1,400... so hopefully you guys are all right and I don't gain. :) I'll be ecstatic! haha.

Also, something else I found out: taking breaks from exercise helps with the scale too. When i don't work out for a day or two, my weight drops. Weird.
  • hypersensitiveb
    hypersensitiveb Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Ok so let me understand this.. So having a 500 calorie deficit will not make you loose weight? If that were so where does the -3000 = 1 pound thing end up? Your trying to tell me say if I eat 3000 extra calories I will loose weight? That makes no sense. So why don't the people in mcdonalds every day loose weight?

No, you completely misunderstood and I have no idea where you got those numbers from. You eat at a deficit to YOUR BMR not a deficit to a pound of fat.

I was not saying that. I was just making the point that you need to be negative in calories ( from your bmr) not in the positive. All I see I eat more and loose weight that does not even make sense. You need a deficit so why is every one saying to eat more? If I go grab a big mac there is no way I'm going to lose weight.
  • lind3400
    lind3400 Posts: 557 Member
    Options

unsalted nuts are healthy fats and proteins. you can mix them into lots of things or eat them plain. shell fish too.

I had problems eating back my cals when I got a lot of exercise in too
    but even things like nuts and dipping apples and celery in peanut butter
    definitely your nuts and seeds
    fruits have high calorie counts alone
    avacados are good fats and high in calories
    ummm hummus and vegetables,
  • mauibound2
    mauibound2 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    BUMP :)
  • et57
    et57 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lind3400
    lind3400 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    A LOT of people, including myself, are scared ****less of the thought of eating more but there are too many sucess stories out there claiming it works, so after a long struggle of my own, I have decided to give it a try, and if it works for me, I shall be shouting it from the rooftops!!!

Well done on your sucess!

Same here. I recently upped my calories to 1,400... so hopefully you guys are all right and I don't gain. :) I'll be ecstatic! haha.

Also, something else I found out: taking breaks from exercise helps with the scale too. When i don't work out for a day or two, my weight drops. Weird.

Yeh just try increasing it a little...try it out for a few weeks and see how it works than go from there...but there seems to be a lot of people who have had success with this so I hope it works for u too!!!
    Good Luck to you all! :smile:
  • Hallzeehall
    Hallzeehall Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm giving it a whirl, I'm not doing good losing on 1200 per day. This is crazy but I'll see how it works and post next week.
    Thanks for your input, it's very helpful! :)
  • 2carrick
    2carrick Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    What was the link you went to please
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    You kinda have to give it more than a week...at least that's what everyone here says...
  • Claible
    Claible Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    bump
  • 2carrick
    2carrick Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Okay what is this BMR you all are talking about? I am finding it extremely difficult to keep it at 1200 a day unless I exercise at least 2 times a day. Someone please fill me in!!
  • Binouchette
    Binouchette Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I know there are a million and one topics out there about this
    But I feel there needs to be one more confirmation for those ppl struggling at 1200 calories and not losing
    Here is my story of how increasing calories worked

I've been on this site 100 days and lost maybe 4 pounds in the first 40 days while struggling to only eat 1200 calories
    after that nothing.....for 60 days I just stayed the same
    1 week ago I took advice from another thread and found out my BMR and TDEE measurements and increased my calories to 1500
    and this week lost 1.5 pounds....

So for those of you who "Can't stay under 1200 cals" it's really not necessary
    Just thought I would share my success

Been there, gained and gained and gained!!!
  • MommaFuhrer
    MommaFuhrer Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Saving this to read later :flowerforyou: