You have a pretty face but....

Options
"You have such a pretty face but...."

Welcome to my life.

About a year and a half ago something inside me clicked and I became determined to lose weight. And I did. I went from 230lbs to 150lbs in about a 9 month span of time. Impressive? Maybe. But did I keep it all off? I got pregnant and lost my baby early in my second trimester and used that as an excuse to just pack on the pounds. Yes, it was an emotional time and yes, I blamed myself for what happened. Now, almost twenty pounds later, I am stepping out of the 'woe to me' funk I was in for too long and taking charge of my life again.

I have no problem with exercise. In fact, I love it! I can't go a day without it. I run at least 5 miles daily and usually do some other kind of cardio as well. It's the food. Oh, the delicious food. I find that I use my workouts as an excuse to stuff my face with crap. But nutrition is (I think) about 75% of getting the body you want and right now my nutrition is terrible.

I have an amazingly supportive husband who is always alongside me at the gym daily. There is never a day that goes by without him telling me I'm beautiful. I just wish I could believe him. I don't want to be that girl who loses the weight and re-gains it back. I want to be that girl who loses the weight and people look to for inspiration and think "if she can do it, I can do it."

168lbs as of this morning.
145lbs is my goal.

Hell, I lost 80lbs before. Why does 23lbs seem so daunting?

Friends and support would be great :) Thanks everyone.

Replies

• KimberlyKurtz
    Options
    welcome aboard! You can do it!!!
  • NykkieC
    NykkieC Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You've definitely come to the right place!! :flowerforyou:
  • Joselem
    Joselem Posts: 50
    Options
    You have come so far... and have gone through so much. I find that we have a hard time forgiving ourselves. It is time to reach into your inner self. You obviously have the will, so cherish who you are as a woman and embrace yourself, your power your strength and all that you are.
    Remember and rejoice!
    Embrace each journey... accept the things you cannot change... you deserve it! Jo:flowerforyou:
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    You can do it, and you will. Piece o' cake. Go.
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    You are a strong person and can do anything you set your mind to. Welcome back!!!!
  • theatregoddess
    Options
    Good for you, that takes a lot of dedication to overcome. You are very welcome here, and will get all the support you need! =]

~Nicole :flowerforyou:
  • weaverc
    weaverc Posts: 158
    Options
    I have a hard time believing that my husband thinks I am beautiful too. The more he keeps saying it the easier it becomes to believe. Congratulations with all of your success so far.
  • jacmiley
    jacmiley Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    You can do it, and you will. Piece o' cake. Go.

Not the best choice of words there 'piece o' cake' - yummy!

You can do it! That earlier success is inspirational to me. My goal weight is around your weight.
  • jacmiley
    jacmiley Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I also have a hard time believing the bf that I'm beautiful.

I'm one of those people that I love my face hate my body. I truly believe if I lost over 100 pounds I would be beautiful. Luckily the bf already sees the beauty in me .. I'm still looking
  • ckroys
    ckroys Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    You can definitely do this...you've already identified your personal obstacle - food. And you know how to change it. Just remember you're doing this for you - so that you can look in the mirror and tell yourself "You ARE beautiful." No matter how many times someone else says it (though it is definitely nice to hear) you have to feel it yourself. And you will :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    :smile: Hello and welcome to MFP. This site is awesome, you will love it here if you don't already. I :heart: it here. This site is so supportive, helpful, motivational, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to tell you that I wish that you have great success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • indianagranny
    Options
    I more than agree with Joselem. Joselem thank you for that post. I needed to read that today
  • wendyjane
    Options
    Hi. I'm so sorry about your baby. I've had two miscarriages but now have two lovely children. Don't beat yourself up about eating your way through it. Grieving is hard work. All the best to you !
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    "You have such a pretty face but...."

Welcome to my life.

About a year and a half ago something inside me clicked and I became determined to lose weight. And I did. I went from 230lbs to 150lbs in about a 9 month span of time. Impressive? Maybe. But did I keep it all off? I got pregnant and lost my baby early in my second trimester and used that as an excuse to just pack on the pounds. Yes, it was an emotional time and yes, I blamed myself for what happened. Now, almost twenty pounds later, I am stepping out of the 'woe to me' funk I was in for too long and taking charge of my life again.

I have no problem with exercise. In fact, I love it! I can't go a day without it. I run at least 5 miles daily and usually do some other kind of cardio as well. It's the food. Oh, the delicious food. I find that I use my workouts as an excuse to stuff my face with crap. But nutrition is (I think) about 75% of getting the body you want and right now my nutrition is terrible.

I have an amazingly supportive husband who is always alongside me at the gym daily. There is never a day that goes by without him telling me I'm beautiful. I just wish I could believe him. I don't want to be that girl who loses the weight and re-gains it back. I want to be that girl who loses the weight and people look to for inspiration and think "if she can do it, I can do it."

168lbs as of this morning.
    145lbs is my goal.

Hell, I lost 80lbs before. Why does 23lbs seem so daunting?

Friends and support would be great :) Thanks everyone.

You sound fantastic.
    Strong.
    Determined.
    I love you. :flowerforyou:
    Welcome to MFP!!!!