Pants falling while running?

Options
Anybody have any tips/tricks on how to keep that from happening? Apart from buying new pants. XP

Replies

• lombrica
    lombrica Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Trust me... if they fall once... NOTHING you do will keep them up! I've tried a whole lot of things... finally gave up and got new pants.

Sorry... but that's what I had to do! LOL.
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    Suspenders?
  • hanniejong
    hanniejong Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    try tightening the elastic or cords, I have had to do that with some of mine.
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    If they had a tie you are lucky...

If you can sew, try taking in the sides a bit - or having them altered by a professional.

I have a few pairs of workout pants/shorts.. only one of them really stays up because they are tight!
    They are from the Gap fitness line.
  • dolphin9803
    dolphin9803 Posts: 125
    Options
    over lap a small part of the back so it sort of forms a z and stitch it in place. That will make them smaller til u want to buy new ones. I have done that with some of my sweats so I don't have to buy new ones yet (atleast with the ones that I workout in)...lol :wink:
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    I cut a V-shape out of each hip and sewed the sides together (crudely because I don't really know how to sew). They look a little silly. Should have used a more gradually tapered V. But, they fit and stay on now!

Good luck. :)
  • Mom0fTwo
    Mom0fTwo Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    try tightening the elastic or cords, I have had to do that with some of mine.

to elaborate, you cut the back seam and then pull the elastic through cut it and stitch it tighter, then sew up the seam you cut, if no elastic I fold it over in the back and safety pin, all else fails get new pants or tailor them, if it is jeans you can get those button adjuster things at walmart but those only make a 1-2 inch difference
  • SONIA820
    SONIA820 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Hold on the the back and keep going! LOL! I'm in the same situation! I only have one pair of pants that fits KIND of right and they still slide down....:)
  • MommyBea
    MommyBea Posts: 84
    Options
    I had to buy new ones today.....and a size smaller =D
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Buy tight running pants. Honestly, it may cost you a few extra bucks but it is SO worth it. I actually bought a decent pair from Wal-Mart.

You deserve to enjoy a good run without having to worry about your clothing.
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    That is a NSV and enjoy the ride LOL! I just held mine in a bunch at the side, but I am not a serious runner - just a backyard one where no one can see me :laugh: . Time for some new pants I think!
  • realrayne10
    realrayne10 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I used a weight belt for a while, then I got compression pants. $15! Gotta love Old Navy! :smile:
  • kkalm2000
    Options
    I just think it's an awesome feeling when your pants fall because you know you're loosing weight.:smile:
  • tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I actually only buy ones with drawstrings now for that very reason !!
  • DistortedButterfly
    DistortedButterfly Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Suspenders?

THIS ^
  • sufikitkat
    sufikitkat Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I go through the same problem! after washing they are good for a bit and then loose. I may need to take the jump to the smaller size myself...I have been very hesitant to do so (Small-XSmall) simply because of fear of gaining back lol. For awhile jst due to money reasons I was wearing mediums oh man...had to safety pin like crazy! Good luck!
  • freezerburn2012
    freezerburn2012 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Tucking your shirt into your pants can make a huge difference as to whether or not they stay up.
  • jodyl70
    jodyl70 Posts: 94
    Options
    Anybody have any tips/tricks on how to keep that from happening? Apart from buying new pants. XP

Duct tape.....

:tongue:
  • MissyLibra
    MissyLibra Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I used safety pins. Of course, I was always scared of them opening and pricking me... but it didn't happen.
  • DRetel
    DRetel Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of running pants that are falling off while I run, so before I start my run, I put some water on the small of my back where the pants sit, so they stick to me.. then I start running, and as I work up a sweat, that makes them stick to me more.. lol... I really need to buy some new running pants!