my need for pills

Options
thank you all for the tough love and concern last time i posted a topic on this matter...this will be the first time ever i am trying to lose weight and not taking some type of pill....i have yet to take on since almost 2 weeks ago and come to realize i'm actually losing weight better than i was before and without any nasty jitters or sick to the stomach feeling...it's still a little hard for me to do this because i like the thought of having a crutch and the pill was always my crutch, but i'm going to try and stick to it!! thank you all once again for your concerns and for the somewhat tough love therapy :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    smiley-happy023.gifsmiley-happy023.gifsmiley-happy023.gifsmiley-happy023.gif

You have made me a happy lady!!
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    smiley-happy023.gifsmiley-happy023.gifsmiley-happy023.gifsmiley-happy023.gif

You have made me a happy lady!!
    lmaoooo your smilies are deffinately the best hun!!! :bigsmile:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    And you my dear are always sweet and kind. This world needs a bit more sweet and kind!!

(sounds like a new sweetner:bigsmile: )

:flowerforyou: Jeannie
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    And you my dear are always sweet and kind. This world needs a bit more sweet and kind!!

(sounds like a new sweetner:bigsmile: )

:flowerforyou: Jeannie
    awwwwww:blushing: ty :blushing:
    and yes it does lmao
    jeannie u are such a sweetheart and you're a great encouragment to others and u do everything so nicely :bigsmile: i :love: u :bigsmile:
  • beckyi88
    beckyi88 Posts: 604
    Options
    Congratulations! :drinker:
    I can absolutely relate, but I didn't want to post on your original thread because I was afraid of all those flaming arrows being thrown! :noway:
    I've also used ephedra, phentermine, Meridia, Zantrex....etc...etc....
    it is definitely a psychological need
    this time i am also using just diet ~lifestyle diet changes, exercise, and taking it one day at a time
    Good for you for stepping away from the meds!
    Becky
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    I am so happy for you. You can do this without them. Trust us :happy:
    You are such a wonderful person and I'm so happy you have made this decision. We are definitely here for you, so don't be afraid to lean on us for support when you are feeling weak. I know we did jup on you a bit with your last thread but really it was out of love :flowerforyou:
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Kick that crutch to the curb!

I think sometimes we use crutches because that means if we fail it wasn't *really* US that failed- it was the crutch. Problem being, that if we succeeded- it wasn't really us either.

It's all you now :bigsmile: Go get 'em tiger!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    You go girl!! you CAN do it and you ARE doing it!!!!
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I've used Adipex and Didrex years ago for the same thing, a crutch. I would always say I needed something to give me a kick start. At first it would make me where I wasn't hungry and then after a while I could eat like I always did. This time I am doing it the right way and have better results than ever. It makes you feel good about yourself knowing it's all you doing not a pill pushing you along. So good luck you will do it. We are here when you need us!!!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    thank you all for the tough love and concern last time i posted a topic on this matter...this will be the first time ever i am trying to lose weight and not taking some type of pill....i have yet to take on since almost 2 weeks ago and come to realize i'm actually losing weight better than i was before and without any nasty jitters or sick to the stomach feeling...it's still a little hard for me to do this because i like the thought of having a crutch and the pill was always my crutch, but i'm going to try and stick to it!! thank you all once again for your concerns and for the somewhat tough love therapy :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

i am so happy you aren't taking pills right now. you can do it all on your own, and not with chemicals.

keep at it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:angry: <-tough love face
  • twocats
    twocats Posts: 31
    Options
    Happy weight loss to you
    Happy body to you!

Without all those chemicals
    your body LOVES you!!!

Congratulations! (Above sung to tune of Happy Birthday!

Woo Hoo!