Who's done the 30 Day Shred?

Options
I need some variety in my workout routine, so I decided to give Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred a go. I've heard that people have lost insane inches from using this DVD.

Has anyone done it? how does it feel? and what results have you gotten?

Replies

• kaydensmom12
    Options
    I lost over 2.5 inches off of mywaist, 2.5 off of my hips, 1.75 off of my thighs, 1.75 off of my calves, 0.5 off of my neck, 1.25 off of my chest. Pics are on my profile, the first in each set is my before and the second in each set is my after. the third in each set is from 1 month of weight lifting. I got great results from the 30ds. It really helped me improve physically.
  • kaitlynnrogers
    kaitlynnrogers Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    only on day 3 and i can already see a difference in my tummy..it looks flatter..its a tough workout and you're super sore after the first day, but its definitely worth it!!
  • JBsCrazyGirl
    Options
    Tonight I will complete Day8 and I have already lost 5.25inches altogether sense Day1. It's a great workout so far! As far as variety? I would add a different exercise before or after you do the shred because you will complete the same 3 workouts 10 days in a row for each level... Not much variety after that but, it works! :happy:
  • FitSuga
    FitSuga Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I've done it a couple of times now. The first time I got great results. But I was also basically starving myself back then too.

This last time I did it ( started January 2nd) and was eating right, I lost 9 lbs, 8.5 inches total. 3.5 off my waist, 2.5 off my hips, 1 in off my arms, .5 inch on one leg ( thigh) and 1 inch on the other.

I'm doing it again but only on Tuesday's and Thursday's with m,w,f as my stationairy bike day with the total gym thing too. I took before pic this time and will see where I'm at in around 5 weeks.
  • Yasmine91
    Yasmine91 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Wow girls! you've got insane results well done!

I noticed that there are only 3 workouts, do you do each level for 10 days each?
  • JBsCrazyGirl
    Options
    Wow girls! you've got insane results well done!

I noticed that there are only 3 workouts, do you do each level for 10 days each?

Yes!
    There are 3 Levels.
    Each Level takes 10 days.

30 Day Shred :wink:
  • Skeen903
    Skeen903 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Today was day 2 for me on the shred. Today I woke up feeling like I really didn't want to move a muscle... I forced myself to complete day 2. I did find that it was a little bit easier than yesterday, but I am REALLY sore. I think that it was the best money I have ever spent on a work out video. I am really hoping to see some big results :)
  • Yasmine91
    Yasmine91 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Sweet! SHould I do my normal excersise routine as well as the DVD or would that be too much?
  • maglodee
    maglodee Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I did the 30DS in the months of January/February, and lost 16lbs and 16.5 inches! It was insane!

When I finished, I tried Jillian's Kettle Bell workout, and her 6 Week Abs. Neither of them were as good as her 30DS, so after several weeks of trying different DVDs, I just went back to the 30DS as of this past Tuesday.

At first it was brutal, but by about day 5-6 I got into the groove, and the time flew. I am definitely stronger, and have much more endurance since doing the Shred. Prior to this, I had difficulties doing push-ups, now it's a piece of cake. I strongly suggest you give this DVD a try. I had such major results because I was hardly active before I started it, so once I started to tone up, it was insane results for me.

I hope you give it a try! Good luck. :smile:
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 9 on level 1. Definitely A great workout. I have it on my iPad, so I have that set up with the tv on as well. So now that I have the workouts memorized basically, the time flies by.

I have lost inches already and I am still on my two pounds loss a week track. I also do 30 mins on the treadmill each day too.
  • Amberchalon
    Amberchalon Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I did it and saw several inches lost as well as 5lbs
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I've gone through the cycle once and now I revisit levels 2 and 3 sometimes for a workout. I really liked it!! They are all challenging and even now when I go back like I mentioned earlier its still pretty hard! :D
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Halfway, lost about 3lbs so far and a few inches.
  • byronguy74
    Options
    Tonight I will complete Day8 and I have already lost 5.25inches altogether sense Day1. It's a great workout so far! As far as variety? I would add a different exercise before or after you do the shred because you will complete the same 3 workouts 10 days in a row for each level... Not much variety after that but, it works! :happy:

this!
  • kalynn06
    kalynn06 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I've done. I've also done Jillians's 30 day Slimdown which incorporates 30 day Shred, Burn Fat Blast Metabolism and No More Troble Zones. I had the best results with the 30 Slimdown, 6 pounds lost, 1.5 around my waist and an inch from my hips. I think they are solid workouts, but I feel crappy when I do them everyday, and I have to force myself to workout. I've since moved on, since I've realized that I can do things I like more and still get results. If you like Jillian as an instructor, go for it. If her style isn't for you, there are other effective things out there too.
  • myoldselfback
    myoldselfback Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Awesome can;t wait to join you all on this just bought it yesterday and I will add slimdown to my collection as well.
    Thanks to everyone for their posts I'm sure glad the OP asked this.
  • KristalDawnO
    KristalDawnO Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I fell off the wagon after the first week. That was last month. Just finished Day 1 again a few mins ago. I'm tired and sweaty lol
  • JesiDM
    JesiDM Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I just finished level 1 today! Can't wait to see my results!! I don't know if its just my head but I swear my stomach feels tighter!
  • brittanidigby
    brittanidigby Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I lost about 5lbs doing it.
  • cherryObebe
    cherryObebe Posts: 189
    Options
    I have one more day and I am done! I haven't taken final measurements yet, but as of a few days ago, I had lost an inch in my bicep, 1/2 inch in my neck, 2 inches in my chest, 5 inches in my waist, 2 inches in my hips, 1 1/2 inches in my thighs, and my calves stayed the same. I am happy even if they haven't changed since my last measurements! I can tell such a HUGE change in my body.

Be sure if you do it, that you take measurements, as well as before and after photos. The scale can rob you of your progress. As you can see, I have had great results! I only lost TWO pounds over the entire month!! Clearly, I gained muscle that replaced fat. While the scale hasn't changed much, my body has. My clothes that were uncomfortable to wear now fit loosely again!

Another thing... No matter what happens, keep going. I fractured my toe in 2 places during level 2. I had to take a few days off, but continued with modified moves and an exercise ball until I could get back into the full swing of things again. Don't be scared to stick with Anita. You will find some moves are really hard, but if you push through them, in a few days you will be impressing yourself!!!

Good luck!!!