Flavored Water & Weight Loss? (Aspartame)

Options
124»

Replies

• Ronnvee
    Ronnvee Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    The day either Pepsi or Coke switch to Stevia or another more natural sugar substitute is the day that the real truth about Aspartame will come out.

Most of the "science" quoted in this thread seems to be along the same lines as the "Margarine is just one step away from plastic" school of logic.

Personally, I try and avoid foods with ingredients that are numbers.
  • Mission2Me
    Mission2Me Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I was really liking my "fizzy" flavored water till the migranes started...looked at the label and there it was....aspartame. Well dang back to plain water.

try naturals clear american sparkling water. might work better. its at walmart.
  • shiny_lights
    shiny_lights Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You could always just make your own flavored water. Just throw some lemons, cucumbers, herbs, whatever into your water pitcher and let it infuse for a few hours. It's probably not as intense as Crystal Light, but still better than plain water.
  • AnarchoGen
    AnarchoGen Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Personally, I avoid artificial sweeteners, they increase my appetite, if you wanna eat clean, use stevia.
  • kamronluv
    Options
    I wouldnt do it just try crystal light or put some lemon in ur water
  • FitSuga
    FitSuga Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I use Mio everyday. Love it. They say that kind of thing can cause cravings but I haven't experienced anything out of the norm. It gets me drinking and that's a big improvement for me. No calories. Looseing weight.
  • obeserat
    obeserat Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I don't know the product but I find if I'm going for a buffet or something if I drink a pint or 2 of pepsi max beforehand I don't eat as much because I feel full. I find if I get a pint of water and down it in one I can't taste much and drink 4-5 pints a day like that
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I drink 8 bottles of water a day, and i put a different flavor of Mio in every one of them. Unfortunatley (sp) I can't do crystal light or cool aide because of gluten intolerance, but all of the mio's exept for the lemonad flavor are awsome. I haven't had any issues with losing or cravings. I'm perfectly happy with it.
  • agaspard85
    Options
    I also like the Crystal Light Wild Strawberry flavor. Keep in mind that the entire packet is 10 calories. I put mine in a 20 oz bottle of water instead of 16.9 oz like the box suggests. After I drink some from the bottle, I add more water to it so that it dilutes the sweetness a little bit. I get flavor and more water :-) You'll be fine. I would recommend drinking plain water during your workouts though. The sweetness from the Crystal Light made me more thirsty and I ended up drinking plain water instead.
  • spinqueen72
    spinqueen72 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I drink Mio in my water. I find it tastes a little better than the powders and mixes very well. No effect on my weight loss sofar!

Diet soda, however, does make me retain a ton of water weight. Not saying it's bad, but I don't like seeing that much bloating.

That bloating would be from the salt they added in to the soda to make it taste better! Not to mention........sodium carbonate (carbonation) is nothing but chemically altered salt, that causes bubbling. Did you know that you can pour a can of Diet (or even regular) Coke down a clogged drain, and it will clean it? Or that some highway patrols use it to clean blood off of roads? gross, I know....but it's true! My brother is a cop. He's had to do it.

Did you know that water also cleans blood off the highway?

Sheesh. There's almost no sodium in soda. It's right there on the label. Read it.

Baking soda also cleans up dirt quite well and I'll bet you use it in your baked goods and your toothpaste as well.

I hate scare tactics like this. You can't find a single study showing reasonable intake of aspartame or diet soda causing any deleterious effects on human beings.

This wasn't meant to be a "scare tactic"
    Thank you for trying to make someone who was just posting from their own personal experience...sound like an idiot.
    The original poster was only asking for our opinions or personal experiences! Not to bash the secondary posters.
  • QuiltinGramma
    Options
    With my Fibryomyalgia, I find that Aspartame makes my muscles ache the more I drink it. I'm really trying to stay away from it but without much success.