Celebrity Encounters (Where?)

Options
124»

Replies

• Pappabacon
    Pappabacon Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I met Eric Stonestreet (Cam from Modern Family) this last weekend at a NASCAR race.
    Met several of the drivers there too.
    Met Adam Levine (Maroon 5) at several Laker games on the way out.
    Met Adam Duritz (Counting Crows) at a music festival a few years back.
  • princeza9
    princeza9 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Pierre Bouvier (Simple Plan, 2005)- Portland, ME in a bar after the concert. We chatted, I got my pic taken with him and we met up again later on in another bar and he bought me a beer!

Vinnie Caruana (I Am the Avalanche, 2006)- Vienna, Austria. My 3rd time seeing the band, we chatted after the show. He said I looked familiar (!) and how he noticed I was the only one in the audience who knew the words to their songs. Everyone else was there to see MxPx, I was there to see IATA.

I've met/chatted with lots of people from Star Trek from going to conventions, and a lot of the writers of the books. I especially remember Peter David, he's was awesome, and his family is amazingly fun.

Wil Wheaton- All I'll say about meeting him in his Wesley Crusher days is that it was interesting and way too short and leave it there. This was back in November 1992 in Springfield, MA.

Adam Lavorgna- I went to the same grade school, and I was getting ready for my 8th grade "graduation", he said I looked nice.
  • Musikelektronik
    Musikelektronik Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Met Marilyn Manson in the 90s at a party when I dated a goth DJ. He stole my vodka.

Dude, that's a book just waiting to be written. It's got it all: the '90s, Marilyn Manson, goth, DJs, vodka! :smile:
  • amfeierabend74
    Options
    [/quote]

You met Reggie Bannister? That's pretty awesome. I love the Phantasm series, especially the first one. :smile:
    [/quote]

He was really nice and personable. Ended up showing him some pics on my phone of Jimmie Hendrixs grave close to where I used to live. They also did a panel interview from the Phantasm movies and the director actually called Angus Scrimm and talked to him on speaker phone so we could all hear it. It was pretty cool!
  • Musikelektronik
    Musikelektronik Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    You met Reggie Bannister? That's pretty awesome. I love the Phantasm series, especially the first one. :smile:

He was really nice and personable. Ended up showing him some pics on my phone of Jimmie Hendrixs grave close to where I used to live. They also did a panel interview from the Phantasm movies and the director actually called Angus Scrimm and talked to him on speaker phone so we could all hear it. It was pretty cool!

Wow, that sounds pretty cool.

When that movie came out, I was just a kid, and it scared the living hell out of me! I couldn't sleep for three days, thinking The Tall Man was going to come out of the wall over my bed and grab me!

Angus Scrimm is English, isn't he?