yep. So not what i was expecting.
  • whallvr
    whallvr Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Hilarious!!!!!
  • nursedb
    nursedb Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    That is a great accomplishment....congratulations. I apologize.....I didn't realize I was insulting greatness. Shag on with your supertalented self. Congrats for marrying a GREAT shagger...

disclaimer: I did not start this thread. It's Saturday, I've had a few drinks and this is the internet.
    Wait...hold up...This is the internet...lol I can't freaking STOP laughing...and I've had no drinks!!!
  • airlily
    airlily Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Is there anyone else here who enjoys shagging? My wife and I used to compete in college but have since gotten out of it for a while......since the kids came there is just not as much time for shagging. We went out to a club tonight and got to shag and had a great time......we are also guest shag instructors at a party in august....looking forward to that.

The only other man I knew to use the word "shag" was the fictional Austin Powers. I confess I had to go to m-w.com and look up what other meanings shag had. XD
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    While I feel kinda' bad for the OP, who obviously was unfamiliar with the expression, I nonetheless literally laughed till I cried. :drinker:
  • MoreThanMommie
    MoreThanMommie Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    A movie came out when I was growing up called 'Shag' so I knew what you were talking about. :wink:

*Edit for spelling error.
  • Cathy7794
    Cathy7794 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    A movie came out when I was growing up called 'Shag' so I knew what you were talking about. :wink:

*Edit for spelling error.
    Hahaha, me too! Loved that movie!
  • DAM_Fine
    DAM_Fine Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    While I feel kinda' bad for the OP, who obviously was unfamiliar with the expression, I nonetheless literally laughed till I cried. :drinker:

While I am quite certain the OP knew exactly what he was doing when he posted, I also realize that for most people, it is now April Fools Day. Didn't stop me from laughing when I read the part about instructing at a house party, though. Where's the fish bowl?
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    That is a great accomplishment....congratulations. I apologize.....I didn't realize I was insulting greatness. Shag on with your supertalented self. Congrats for marrying a GREAT shagger...

Priceless!
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options

While I am quite certain the OP knew exactly what he was doing when he posted, I also realize that for most people, it is now April Fools Day. Didn't stop me from laughing when I read the part about instructing at a house party, though. Where's the fish bowl?

I really don't think he knew!. . OMG. . this is killing me!
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options

I dunno', he seemed SO peeved, I really don't think he knew. And it's so much funnier that way.
  • BuckeyeBoi
    BuckeyeBoi Posts: 233 Member
    Options

I dunno', he seemed SO peeved, I really don't think he knew. And it's so much funnier that way.
    I totally agree with you!
  • sagetracey
    sagetracey Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I knew exactly what the OP was referring to cos we have friends who shag. In fact, we watched them shag on their wedding night. I even video taped it. Plus they were on TV shagging as part of a reality show.

It's an awesome style of dancing to watch and maybe one day I will give in to my husband's pressure to learn how to shag.

But at the moment I'll stick with rock n roll, some line dancing and some good old fashioned, old time dancing.
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I thought this was about carpeting. I am disappointed.
  • naomi8888
    naomi8888 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I knew exactly what the OP was referring to cos we have friends who shag. In fact, we watched them shag on their wedding night. I even video taped it. Plus they were on TV shagging as part of a reality show.

It's an awesome style of dancing to watch and maybe one day I will give in to my husband's pressure to learn how to shag.

But at the moment I'll stick with rock n roll, some line dancing and some good old fashioned, old time dancing.

^^ Nicely done Sagetracey - hilarious!!
  • craig1970
    craig1970 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I thought this was about carpeting. I am disappointed.

ROFL, I agree. You can't beat a really deep shag in a carpet.
  • ScarlettVamp
    ScarlettVamp Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I LOVE to shag!! It's the state dance of South Carolina and such fun. I took lessons with awesome instructors about 13 years ago and my first hubby and I won the shag contest at our "graduation" that featured all of their classes for that year. Unfortunately, it's hard to find a place that features beach music and shag dancing these days. Plus, my current hubby has two left feet so I'm without a partner.

I think it's great that you guys are instructors. I'd love to take a class again because I'm sure I've gotten rusty.
  • RikanSoulja
    RikanSoulja Posts: 463 Member
    Options

lol I see what you did there
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Haha.....yes I knew it had another meaning......I did not know so many people didn't know about the carolina shag dance.....