Put away those bathroom scales! -challenge

Options
2»

Replies

• deeanna13
    deeanna13 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I want to try this! I have weighed myself pretty much everyday for so long and for what??? I haven't lost anything since January so what do I have to lose!!! Good luck to all!
  • LisaManySongs
    Options
    omg! lol I don't know if I can go a whole month without looking!! But I'm up for the challenge, so count me in!!! :)
  • PattyCake123
    PattyCake123 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I'll give it a try! I do think i have a little bit of an obsession with my scale (weigh myself daily or every other day) so this is going to be a challenge!
  • dibdobw
    dibdobw Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    there is no way I could put away my scales for a month. I only get on them once a week, but that is the motivation I need to stay on track. Good luck though!
  • Crying_In_Color
    Crying_In_Color Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I'm in.
  • spynoodle
    spynoodle Posts: 404
    Options
    I put away my scale about 21 days ago and will not weigh myself until I'm done with the 30 day shred.
    I don't get the feeling I'm losing any weight, but I feel things "tightening up." I'LL TAKE IT!!!
  • iamkateiam
    iamkateiam Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Not sure if I can do this right know. i will start with not weighing my self every day- that's a doable goal.

Maybe we need to start a group of people who commit to only weighing ourselves weekly. I've fallen into the daily weigh-in trap this week and it is disheartening!
  • TheWinman
    TheWinman Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Not sure if I can do this right know. i will start with not weighing my self every day- that's a doable goal.

Maybe we need to start a group of people who commit to only weighing ourselves weekly. I've fallen into the daily weigh-in trap this week and it is disheartening!

That may be another option. As I'm losing 2-3 pounds I week, I need to update the weight on here, on my heart rate monitor and the weight I enter on machines more frequently than once a month.
  • starcatcher1975
    starcatcher1975 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking of doing this myself. Or at least forcing myself to stay away from it for a whole week at a time. I do my official weigh ins on Thursday but I will admit to weighing myself every single day even if I don't mark it. But I'm working out everyday and I'm still counting my calories. I'll have to think about it hard today. Maybe I'll have my kids kid the scale from me. Hopefully they'll be able to remember where they put it after the month is up if I do this, lol
  • Amyann44
    Amyann44 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I've been wanting to do this. Now is as good a time as any
  • MKloste
    MKloste Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I would love to, but I am bound and determined to get down 10 more lbs by May, and I also at the point where I need to increase my calorie intake since I am working out a lot more so I need the scale to make sure that the increase calorie is working or not working.
  • MKloste
    MKloste Posts: 56 Member
    Options

I weigh myself every Sunday, it gives me the chance to go a week without obsessing over the number and it gives me a fresh new goal for the week, if the scale hasn't moved from the week before my goal for that week is to exercise more or think of what I did the week before that I can eliminate or change (for ex: I ate out 3x last week and the scale stayed the same, although I made healthy choices when eating out and stayed within my allowed calories, this week it's not eating out and only home cooked meals to see if that helps bring the number down). I think weekly is a good weigh in, pick a day and stick to it. Like every Sunday morning before I eat anything I go into the bathroom and weigh myself.

I think it helps to reflex on what your eating habits have been within a week and what you could change to help see the results you are wanting whereas if you weigh yourself daily you don't get as good of an idea. Also I when it's that time of the month I don't even stress about what the number says on the scale, but I will weigh myself 2x the following week to make sure I am on track still after the "bloating goes away" - sorry I know that was probably TMI but I know so many people that stress about the number on the scale during that time but you can't because your body is going through so many different changes during that time, that it's impossible to get an accurate reading!
  • cdnwinter79
    Options
    I'm in!
    Starting after my weigh-in tomorrow :) I need a point of reference for May.
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I don't weigh but maybe once a month now...it took me forever to get to this point...body measurement, bf%, and the mirror are my new focus!! Good luck!!
  • 292days
    292days Posts: 6
    Options
    Was just thinking about this and I am so glad someone else was as well. So for this month I track my amount of activity I have a graduation in 5 weeks and I think that is when I will weigh again. Good luck everyone. I have already weighed myself 4 times today and it is not even noon.
  • Woooolywool
    Woooolywool Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    ATTENTION to all those interested in this challenge;

A group has now been specifically created for this challenge, where encouragement, motivation, and support plays a key role.
    Bring on NO SCALE APRIL! :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/4554-no-scale-april