Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Happiness is not eating. Instead, it is ...

You know how it goes. You're having a rotten day or you're feeling low because of something, and you eat something because it will make you "happy." While the taste and sensation may temporarily make you feel better, it isn't really happiness. Not the real stuff. So, what do you do to make you really happy? What is your cure for the blues/blahs/miseries/stressed-outs? For you, happiness is ...

Replies

• Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    actually chocolate can raise the "happy" hormones

and bacon makes me very happy
  • Heartpath
    Heartpath Posts: 33
    So, eating IS happiness, and to avoid eating is to avoid happiness.
  • Usbornegal
    Usbornegal Posts: 601 Member
    Hmm - very interesting thread. My mind goes philosophical here: Is it happiness? Absence of anxiety? Comfort? Contentment? Numbness? As a person with IR, food acts as a tranquilizer, numbing the edges, reducing anxiety to a kind of floating 'who really cares anyway' type of nirvana. Happiness is a new 1/2 marathon medal, a date with hubby, having my granddaughter tuck her hand in mine. Absence of anxiety and numbness (now that I am on medication to balance insulin resistance) comes from long runs and exercise. Will have to keep thinking on this one.