my big news...

Options
dianeellen2
dianeellen2 Posts: 259 Member
ok...a while a go I said that I had started a pile of clothes classed as `too big`. My mfp friends encouraged me to get rid of them but I was very insecure about committing to large scale clearing out.

at that time I wore mostly size 20 (U.K.) clothes.

recently I have to admit that I have gone through my various sizes of clothes that I had put away from previous dieting times and I now seem to have nothing left to wear.

this morning when I came down stairs in some crop trousers, my husband, who rarely comments on clothing said "they look massive". A great compliment however I realised they were the smallest summer clothes I had.

we went into town today and he actually suggested I get some new clothes.

so I went into BHS and saw some nice crop trousers, I picked up size 18 - husband said that was ridiculous and handed me size 16, I went and tried them on, they fitted however I realised that if I pulled the waist band out I could get my whole arm in the gap - so I asked to try on a 14 and they fitted. I have not brought size 14 since before my first child was born (now 18)

I was so pleased.

so I came home and sorted out my too big clothes into a throw away pile and ebay pile!

so my big news is I AM GETTING RID OF MY TOO BIG CLOTHES!!

Replies

• cipb1215
    cipb1215 Posts: 3
    Options
    Way to go!! Retail therapy is a great motivator!
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Great news!

Personally, I've saved my very biggest jeans. They're sitting in the wardrobe, and will come out to be worn again when I reach my goal weight.
  • AntShanny
    AntShanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    That's awesome, way to go!
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Congratulation on your big news Dianeellen2. Instead of throwing away your big clothes, if they don't have stains on them or even tears, donate them to the Goodwill, Salvation Army or any other thrift store in your area. Even a woman's shelter. A lot of women that wears a size 20 or up shop at these places and can't find clothes that will fit them, because a lot of people don't donate big clothes.

I like to donate my clothes, because I know that someone can use the clothes that I can no longer wear.
  • SWEETS1234
    SWEETS1234 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Fantastic !!!!!
  • mmw47
    mmw47 Posts: 23
    Options
    Good for you!!! sometimes you just have to do these things, (keep a pair of your biggest trousers just to remind you of how things were!! I did!) good motivator to keep you on the straight & narrow! well done once again, certainly something to be proud of!
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I LOVE SMALLER CLOTHES!!!!! WOO HOO FOR YOU!!!!!
  • MOS3
    MOS3 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Well chuffed for you. That must have been a great moment. Well done x
  • rookmb
    rookmb Posts: 84
    Options
    Congratulation on your big news Dianeellen2. Instead of throwing away your big clothes, if they don't have stains on them or even tears, donate them to the Goodwill, Salvation Army or any other thrift store in your area. Even a woman's shelter. A lot of women that wears a size 20 or up shop at these places and can't find clothes that will fit them, because a lot of people don't donate big clothes.

I like to donate my clothes, because I know that someone can use the clothes that I can no longer wear.

I agree with you. Whenever something becomes too big, I wash it, or have it dry cleaned, and then donate it to GoodWill or Purple Heart. They really are in need of bigger sized clothes. Men's too!!!!
  • dianeellen2
    dianeellen2 Posts: 259 Member
    Options

very good point, I will donate them.
  • raevynn
    raevynn Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I recently cleaned out my stockpile of clothes, too..

Yes, it is a great feeling to try on my "skinny" stuff and realize - hey, this is too big!!

I'm currently down to a size that I had not seen in over 10 years :happy:
  • 1_Slick_Chick
    1_Slick_Chick Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Awesome NSV!! I'm with the others...donate your clothes. Keep the biggest pair as a reminder of where you don't ever want to be at again. I saved a pair of my biggest jeans that I will put on for my "biggest loser" moment :bigsmile:

p.s. always great when the hubby notices the bottom is getting smaller :blushing:
  • amymaria91
    amymaria91 Posts: 202
    Options
    I am so happy for you!!! I can't wait until I'm a size 14, that's my ultimate dress size goal. Well done :bigsmile:
  • HanPobjoy
    HanPobjoy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Well done! It must feel fantastic to be in a dramatically smaller size. I know when I have lost weight in the past it has taken ages not to pick up my before size, I always got nervous they wouldn't fit!

Onwards and downwards

xx
  • GymAnJuice
    GymAnJuice Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    thats excellent, really pleased for ya :flowerforyou:
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Reeny1_8
    Reeny1_8 Posts: 277
    Options
    That is so wonderful!! You are doing so great!
  • jaena4
    jaena4 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Excellent! That's such a good feeling!
  • sarallong
    sarallong Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    That is AWESOME!!!!! :noway:
  • Elizadolots
    Elizadolots Posts: 178
    Options
    Good heavens!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I can't imagine how uncomfortable you must have been the last while. A size 14 person in size 20 clothes!! :bigsmile: There was a very embarrassing accident just waiting to happen...

Well done you! Massive achievement. :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!