Replies

• katB_83
    katB_83 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Congratulations - keep it up.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    That's fabulous! I had the same "no way" attitude for a while. I was an 18W at my largest (UK size 20 or 22 I think). About a month ago, I was still wearing them though they were literally falling off. I was painting my bedroom in them when they fell completely off me (buttoned). I went to buy clothes and was a size 14 regular (UK size 16). I'm now a 12/14, but that feeling was amazing. Get rid of your fat clothes but keep one pair of pants just so you can see how far you've come!

You should donate them if possible also instead of throwing them out entirely.
  • Angelfromokc
    Angelfromokc Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! That is awesome!
  • Hoakiebs
    Hoakiebs Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    It's a terrific feeling, isn't it? I'm fitting in 34 waist shorts after stretching out 40 waist clothes for the last 2 years. I couldn't believe it.
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Fabulous news!!

Last week I went to a bridal shower, and didn't have any suitable clothes to wear--just jeans and t-shirts (or so I thought).

I was thrilled to find a size 16 pair of black dress pants that fit, tucked in the back of a drawer from several years ago. I hope these get me through any invitations for a few months because I'm really fighting the idea of buying a ton of interim clothes.
  • rachelbina
    rachelbina Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    YAY!!
  • sheepysaccount
    sheepysaccount Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!
  • jms3533
    jms3533 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    What a fun post to read! You must be thrilled! Keep it up!!! I have a pile to go to Goodwill, and take a pile there every 2-3 weeks. I don't want the fat clothes in my home anymore!
  • mwilke
    mwilke Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Yay!!! That is great!!!
  • RILEYRED
    RILEYRED Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS, THAT IS A GREAT ACCOMPLISHMENT.:flowerforyou:
  • dedication6
    dedication6 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! I have a bunch of too big clothes too, but I can't bring myself to get rid of them yet!! Luckily for me my mom is starting to lose weight and she's about 2 sizes behind me, so everytime something gets to big for me it's fitting her just right!! Now if only I could talk her into buying me new stuff since she gets all my hand me downs!! jk
  • kasafrass
    kasafrass Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Great job! Such a relief for you! :)
  • 2012slimjim
    Options
    Awesome news and so satisfying - well done you xxx
  • TamaBunny
    TamaBunny Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Brilliant! So pleased for you =)
  • kikilareggae
    kikilareggae Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Hahaa! I love it! Great job!
  • bskupien
    bskupien Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    That is awesome and such a great feeling. Good for you!! Get rid of those bigger clothes and never never look back!
  • Changinghabits68
    Changinghabits68 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! What an awesome motivator!!
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Great NSV! Congratulations! I remember your original post about the clothing :smile:
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Ahhh that's so great! :)
  • misslissa121
    Options
    That is wonderful. I have a "retired" pile. As they get too big I throw them up on a shelf in the laundry room, then I give them to my mom when she comes up. I am getting to the point where I have more and more in the "retired" pile, and less and less in my closet. I just mentioned to my partner I will have to go out and buy new work out clothes because I am starting to have to try and keep them up as I go on my runs.

16025132.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!