Zumba? Anyone Tried it??

Options
I was really thinking about trying Zumba But I've never tried it and don't know anyone who has. I was just curious to know who's tried and what your thoughts are on it. Do you like it and have you seen result? Any feedback would be great!!!

Replies

• Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    I love watching people do it =) My Y has it and it has to be their largest class next to bodypump.
    Everyone looks like they are having so much fun.
  • erinclain
    Options
    I love it and it provides a great calorie burn :) I take class 2x a week as part of my exercise goals on MFP, and it has helped me reach my weight goal!
  • samanthajo1977
    Options
    I do Zumba on a Thursday and it's great fun it takes a couple of classes to get the movements in time but they tell you just go with the flow and enjoy yourself
  • cardinal56
    cardinal56 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I tried regular Zumba & it was too hard on my old knees. Went to my first water zumba class yesterday & I LOVED it!!! It is so much fun & the music really keeps you going.
  • tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I tried it once that a school was doing for a fundraiser. It was so much fun, and that is coming from someone who has ABSOLUTELY NO rhythm. I enjoyed it so much, that I bought a set of Zumba videos on QVC. I haven't used all of them, but I do use the 20 minute one almost every Mon-Fri morning as my wakeup routine. I also have used the 45 minute video and 1 hour video. I do like them.
    Everyone I know enjoys Zumba. But, I have heard that it also depends on the instructors too. Which I could see that being true.
  • PinUpGirlAtHeart
    PinUpGirlAtHeart Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    It's fun. Especially if you love to shake your booty. I love it and I love to shake my booty, so it's a win-win. You do work up a sweat, but it doesn't make me feel sore afterwards, even if I'm feelin' a lil' sore during because I'm not use to it, yet.
  • LReneeWalker
    LReneeWalker Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Do it on the xbox at home and it kicks my butt! My daughters and I have so much fun doing it! I wish we had water zumba here!!
  • dmoisson
    dmoisson Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Do men do it? It does look fun and it looks like it would be a great calorie burn. I have no interest being a creep if Zumba
    is a woman only thing. Honestly I would only be there for the workout...... (and the occasional glance maybe. LOL)
  • davessweets
    Options
    I do Zumba classes 2 times a week...plus several times a week at home on my Wii. Its awsome..energetic..enjoyable..great musick..and i love doing it with a group. You have to try it you will LOVE it!
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I wish I had tried Zumba long ago! Instead, I was worried about being self-conscious and not being able to keep up the moves. Not the case at all! Nobody is paying attention to what you're doing, they're all busy watching the instructor. It is SO much fun, and such a great burn! I've been doing it 5 times a week, and just bought Zumba Fitness Rush for the Xbox360. Love it!! Give Zumba a try!
  • jdeking1
    jdeking1 Posts: 31
    Options
    Its great hearing the feedback! I got a set of dvd's I think I'm going to try tonight after dinner!! I'm excited to learn and burn some calories in the process. I'm not that great of a dancer but It sounds like fun!!
  • ProjectLGD
    Options
    Do men do it? It does look fun and it looks like it would be a great calorie burn. I have no interest being a creep if Zumba
    is a woman only thing. Honestly I would only be there for the workout...... (and the occasional glance maybe. LOL)

I do it 2 x week and I would do it more if my gym had more classes. It is taught jointly by a 60+ y.o. woman and a 40ish guy. She is the one that encourages us shout and sing and he is better technically. There are a couple of guys that attend regularly and a couple more that attend on and off. At first I was a little shy about guys being in the room knowing that they would take the occasional glance ;) . But then I caught myself sneeking a couple of glances at the guys too!

ETA: I absolutely love it and try to never miss a class.
  • bfl2010
    bfl2010 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Love it!! Started doing it at the gym. when my gym membership expired, I bought the DVD and do it at home. Try it!
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Lovvvve.

This past month I did 30 day shred + 2-4 days of Zumba a week and I lost a total 3.6lbs. That's a lot considering I'm 5 away from goal, I think.

If you get bored of cardio Zumba will DEFINITELY inspire you to keep going. Highly recommended :)

Edited to add: I have an HRM and I burn usually at least 400 calories per hour, not including our cool down stuff.
  • Weezieishness
    Weezieishness Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I used to do Zumba at the gym, then I bought the PS3 Zumba game and now I play it every day at home. It's the only exercise I do currently. Lost 7.5 kg so far.
  • sexycute
    sexycute Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba! It is so much fun no matter how ridiculous I look! If you really commit to doing it (move with purpose) you can burn at least 500 calories! It has helped me lose 15 lbs! Try it! Even if you can't do the steps exactly like the instructor just keep moving! It makes a difference!
  • mlpullett
    Options
    i joined it at the Y and I loved doing it. I then bought the DVD's online and started doing it at home. When I was doing it at the Y I lost 10lbs. I then started getting side tracked and quit doing it. It is fun when you do it with a group of people. Although when you are at home it is at your own pace.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options

My hubby is in the Navy and they do it for PT sometimes.

*OP*
    I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE ZUMMMMMMMBA!!!!
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    i tried it once... totally not for me, i felt like a total knob... i like exercising, and not much of a dancer... so there you go!
  • babigurl86
    babigurl86 Posts: 138
    Options
    i went 1 zumba class and loved it so much i bought the xbox game and lost a stone and half in 7 weeks - it wasn't even my intention at the time to lose weight!
    try it! it's the only way i lost weight whist having fun x

:happy: