Easy Recipes for a Beginner?

Options
2»

Replies

• nemsmom
    nemsmom Posts: 48
    Options
    Taco/Fajita seasoning (found the origional on about.com and tweaked it to my liking)

Ingredients:
    3 T Flour
    2 T Chili powder
    1 T Salt
    1 T paprika
    1 T Sugar
    2 1/2 t Chicken bouillon or 1 crushed cube
    1 1/2 t Onion powder
    1/1 t Garlic powder
    1/2 t Cumin

Directions:
    Combine all ingredients in a bowl, add 1 C water and mix well.
    Pour into 3 lbs cooked meat (with fat drained off) and simmer until thickened.
  • k8lyn_235
    k8lyn_235 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    thank you!
  • nemsmom
    nemsmom Posts: 48
    Options
    Any time!
  • MdmAcolyte
    MdmAcolyte Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Simple Chili

Brown 1 pound of ground beef; drain. Add 1 can diced tomatoes, 1 can pinto beans, done. Serve over rice if desired. Garnishments optional (cheese, sour cream, etc.)

This is my family "oh snap" meal when we don't have anything planned, and I never have leftovers. ;)
  • ajt917
    ajt917 Posts: 54
    Options
    bump
  • ler2665
    ler2665 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Have u tried skinnytaste.com? I eat lots of skinless boneless chicken n alot of whole grain....but when I snack I like to make homemade baked onion rings.....preheat oven to 450° slice 1 onion as thinly as possible. Seperate rings. Dip onion first into egg whites (i use two), then breadcrumbs (i use italian) place on a nonstick baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes... :)
    I forgot to mention ^^^ this recipe is only 51 calories :)

My husband and I just tried these... AMAZING! We had a huge onion and didn't even use the whole thing to feed both of us. I couldn't get the calories to come out this low, though! The breadcrumbs have a lot of cals. Still, we each had a nice big pile for 143 cals. Totally worth it!!!
  • dajostev
    dajostev Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I tried a new website the other day, recommended by others of MFP. Emilybites.com. The bubble up enchilada is quick and easy.
  • RillSoji
    RillSoji Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Chef Brad <3
    http://byutv.org/show/6ef10280-3ab2-42f0-9431-8c3ff800d794

Not always easy recipes but at least very good info about different grains. Each show has a different grain to highlight. Chef Brad tells you some info about it, teaches you different ways to cook it and shows you a few recipes so you can learn how to incorporate it.

I learned to cook from a lot of trial and error, tv shows and youtube vids. My best advice.....have an easy and fast backup plan just in case you burn something. Half of my chagrin in burning/ruining things was simply due to not knowing what to have for dinner now... except going to McD's. So keep some canned soup around or cooked/cubed chicken breasts you can toss on a salad kit. Having a plan B helped me not to be so afraid of trying new things or techniques too. And when something doesn't work out, just identify what went wrong think about how to correct it in future trials.

You are welcome to any of my recipes on my blog. Most are simple enough but I'll let you be the judge. My blog is here: RillsMenu.com Good luck!
  • FitForLife81
    FitForLife81 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Do you have a crockpot? If not I would recommend one. It is so easy to throw in your ingredients and it cooks all day. There are a ton of easy recipes out there. I think the website is skinnycrockpot.com but not sure. They have a facebook page too and everyone shares recipes =)