Options
    I log beer as water, is that ok?

:p kidding

I don't log it either, I drink a lot

LOL
  • LPS1986
    LPS1986 Posts: 104
    Options
    I never do ~ I don't see any benefit to it. I drink between 10-14 glasses of water a day, more depending on my workout.

I don't, just because I forget. Save for the occasional cup of tea, coffee or a diet coke splurge...I always have water
  • kstep88
    kstep88 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I log everything- water included. I drink a lot of it, and I am never under, but I like seeing how well I've done on everything at the end of the day. :)
  • jskaggs1971
    jskaggs1971 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I don't bother logging fluid intake. As a long-term stoner (as in kidney stones, got it?), I learned long ago that staying hydrated is key to my personal well-being. I can tell when I'm not getting enough water, because I can walk past the men's room.
  • Blueyz82
    Blueyz82 Posts: 151
    Options
    No... I don't really get that. Why do they go by glasses? Glasses can be all different sizes. I just drink out of a water bottle. I wish they made it so you could keep track in oz, not glasses.

Me too! I just fill up my 1 liter water bottle twice a day or use my 2 liter bottle and then I know I drank enough.

It should be in ounces!
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    No... I don't really get that. Why do they go by glasses? Glasses can be all different sizes. I just drink out of a water bottle. I wish they made it so you could keep track in oz, not glasses.

A single serving, or "glass" of water is considered to be 8oz. Whether or not MFP has it meant to be 1 serving per 8oz as far as logging, that's what a lot of people, myself included, go by.
  • beeker75
    beeker75 Posts: 109
    Options
    I stop counting after 9, cause I figure, what's the point? It says you gotta have at least 8, so once I go over, it's like a goal I meet daily. Then if I am short, I make sure to get to at least 8.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I do log water so I am reminded of how important it is daily. Most days I'm way over but occasionally I am not having enough and logging it helps me.
  • SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot of water and I log it too better keep up with how much I am drinking.
  • BlueInkDot
    BlueInkDot Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Nope. Too much work. :P

Maybe eventually I'll start doing that. But not right now. *shrug*
  • arshness
    arshness Posts: 60
    Options
    I do... but its because I have trouble drinking water. I keep track to remind myself I need to drink more.
    I just don't drink enough liquids without forcing myself.
  • hsk1019
    hsk1019 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I just don't have time to track it...
  • Twiinkless
    Twiinkless Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I don't, I've never had a problem with getting enough and since I drink it pretty much all day, it's easy to lose track.
  • deniseselah
    deniseselah Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I log it b/c I know I don't drink enough ... and on days when I do it's so cool to see that little splash!! Just a extra little motivation.
  • MizzDoc
    MizzDoc Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I do, all the time.
  • pinkhu13
    pinkhu13 Posts: 133
    Options
    Yup because I hate water so I have to force myself to drink it. It's nice to see jow much I'm getting in the day and makes me want to drink more. Plus I kind of gave myself no option but to drink it because I don't drink anything else so it's drink water or get dehydrated.
  • TopazCarey
    TopazCarey Posts: 263
    Options
    I never log mine either. I know I drink enough, but I don't keep count on how many glasses.
  • plushkitten
    plushkitten Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I do because I'm horrible with remembering to drink water. >.<
  • cdhunter1971
    cdhunter1971 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Actually, it should be logged as part of your weight management. 1 Gallon of water weighs 8.43 pounds (8 ounce of water would be .52 pounds). Depending on your activity level, you could be sweating it out very quick. During the summer, if I ride (bicycle) on a long run, I weigh before I go and when I get back. Be surprised how much water you can loose in a couple of hours. Never feels real hot because you have a constant 15 to 30 mph wind on you.
    Double check my numbers, I am trying to remember this and add it in my head way after I should be in bed, so I could be wrong.:tongue: