DterMined2012 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Bump. I like this post.
    i like this thread too :smile:
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad I found this topic.
    I joined MFP 2 months ago but I am really just starting it this week.
    I aim for 1200 cals
    I do eat my exercise cals.

In the last 3 months I was averaging 1200 cals a day working out 6 days a week burning an average of 300-400 cals per workout. I was not eating exercise cals - i really wasn't tracking calories but just eating clean. From Jan 1 til now I've lost 13 lbs. Ive really toned up but the pounds are dropping extremely slow. I'm really hoping that this works because I really want to reach my goal.
    I'm not sure if my calorie goal is correct though. My BMR is around 1500. Does anyone know if that is the number of cals I should be aiming for? I wanted to lose 2 lbs a week.
    You really do not have enough weight to lose to lose 2 pounds a week. It is more for those who have more then 75 pounds to lose. I would choose one pound a week.
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    How long have you been on MFP? just under a year
    How many calories a day do you eat without exercise calories? 1620 for 0.5lb a week loss
    Do you eat your exercise calories? Yes and no, when I had it set for 1lb a week loss I absolutely did, now it's set at 0.5lb a week loss I aim for a 1lb a week loss net cals on exercise days, and a 0.5lb a week loss net cals on non-exercise days
    Weight lost: 32lbs
  • KateFitness89
    Options
    I have been consistently using MFP for about 4-5 months however I have used it off and on for probably about 9 months.

Since I started almost 4-5 months ago I have lost 18 lbs and am very close to my goal weight. Only 2.8 lbs to go!

For the most part I have aimed to eat 1200-1300 but there were many days where I allowed myself to eat 1400-1600 and usually once a week where I ate 2000 or even more! Opps. On those days I would definitely eat exercise calories but on the other days when I was really dieting I would try to avoid eating the calories I burned off working out.

I am currently toying with the idea of going on a bulk so I can tone muscles. Gaining weight after losing all this weight terrifies me so I might just start slowly and up my daily intake to 1600 and see if with added strength training if I see any results.

3643484.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • VVEXVVEX
    VVEXVVEX Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Bump

Lights are going on and bells are going off!
  • naonah
    naonah Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I aim for 1200 cals

In the last 3 months I was averaging 1200 cals a day working out 6 days a week burning an average of 300-400 cals per workout. I was not eating exercise cals - i really wasn't tracking calories but just eating clean. From Jan 1 til now I've lost 13 lbs. Ive really toned up but the pounds are dropping extremely slow. I'm really hoping that this works because I really want to reach my goal.
    I'm not sure if my calorie goal is correct though. My BMR is around 1500. Does anyone know if that is the number of cals I should be aiming for? I wanted to lose 2 lbs a week.

BMR is the amount of cals your body burns to just lie in bed and do nothing. So the minute you get up and go, you need more. You should at least eat about 200 cals more than your BMR. If you exercise, eat back some cals so that you eat a NET amount of at least your BMR.

Hope this helps!
  • shellsy0424
    shellsy0424 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    bump gonna read later I am new too.
  • kaitlynnrogers
    kaitlynnrogers Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    How long have you been on MFP? 65ish days
    How many calories a day do you eat without exercise calories? 1800
    Do you eat your exercise calories? Yes

i just started this about a week ago!!
  • marbly
    marbly Posts: 103
    Options
    How long have you been on MFP? About 1 month on this account. Joined very briefly in January but quit as I thought I did not need to log anymore. I was wrong!

How many calories a day do you eat without exercise calories? About 1400 - 1500 to lose weight.

Do you eat your exercise calories? Yes, ALL the time so my overall calorie intake is 1800 on average. Some days, lower and other days, VERY high depending on how many cakes I've eaten.

I thought my progress wasn't anything to shout about compared to so many here but I can see a difference in my pics!
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    How long have you been on MFP? 1 year (although I have been consistently loosing weight for 3 years(
    How many calories a day do you eat without exercise calories? 1300 - 1500
  • mrshoneybear1014
    mrshoneybear1014 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I've been on for 5 weeks.

My goal is 1750 calories

On days I have more than just a light workout, I usually end up eating around 2000 calories (so I eat back a little)

I think I'm more of a person that eats back a % but not all. I'd say I eat back on average 50% of the exercise calories.

I've lost 11lbs.
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    How long have you been on MFP? 455 days
    How many calories a day do you eat without exercise calories? I've been up and down with this, but I'll say 1400.
  • rgoodearl
    rgoodearl Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    How long have you been on MFP? 330 days
    How many calories a day do you eat without exercise calories? 2600
    Do you eat your exercise calories? Sometimes, depends on how big the burn was
  • Chunter80
    Options
    Eat when you have a headache. I get them really bad too and those cals are not worth it. If you have worked out and earned those extras and have a headache you need to eat. It might be part of the reason for the headache. The extra cals might help get rid of the headache. You earned them eat them. When my headaches get really bad I eat even if I haven't earned them. No way am I suffering through a headache for a pound and may or may not gain or lose.
  • cheddle
    cheddle Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    How long have you been on MFP? around 250+
    How many calories a day do you eat without exercise calories? initally 2,100 - due to weight loss 1,650
    Do you eat your exercise calories? Yes - all of them!!

why??

Because I train at high intensity, damage my muscles, and want to grow them =)
  • cressievargo
    cressievargo Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I aim for 1200 cals

You should eat at least your BMR
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Love this thread!

I eat around 1500-1600 calories
    Yes, I eat them, I need them.

I am 5'3 and can't do 1300 calories for one lb loss a week. I have lost 12. 10 more to go! This site is awesome!
  • msgingerc
    msgingerc Posts: 38
    Options
    How long have you been on MFP? 75 days.
    How many calories a day do you eat without exercise calories? 1200 for 1.0kg per week loss.
    Do you eat your exercise calories? Often I eat most of them, sometimes all - I try to eat to within 50 calories of my daily total. Sometimes I go over, of course!
  • lokin4deer
    lokin4deer Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Joined mfp - weeks ago.
    Calories a day without exercise calories - about 1450
    Do I eat my exercise calories back - usually yes, sometimes a bit under. I work hard to gain an extra 900-1000 leeway.
    Just seeing if I will maintain at this, as I am at my goal