Ok so is it okay to be pissed off at the following situation

Options
1235»

Replies

• smoffette
    smoffette Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about just eating what you feel like and throwing the rest. There's more than one way to waste food. You can either throw it straight in the trash, or screw up your body by forcing it down without enjoyment or desire. Either way, it's not going to feed some starving kid in Africa, so my vote would be to spare yourself the misery and just throw out the additional unwanted food.
  • TheReese1206
    Options
    I think you're making a bigger deal out of it than need be
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,034 Member
    Options
    If your friend had been there, she would have eaten her share, so throw it out. Not wanting to waste food is a bad excuse for overeating.

Don't be mad at your friend. I'm sure she meant to eat when the two of you decided to order it.
  • NiniLeeMarie
    Options
    If you don't want the food & neither does she give it to a homeless person ! I'm sure they'd appreciate it . Just a suggestion.
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    I'd be annoyed too, but hanging onto it (the food and the annoyance) hurts you, not her. Toss the food you don't want. Try to toss the annoyance -- hope venting here helped with that. Now move on.
    She may be guilty and embarrassed too and not know how to handle it?
    Anyway part of moving on is also to learn the lesson. At least with her... in the future ask about time limits, agree how much each of you is paying (split, one of you treats, separate bills?) before you order.
    You did great to not eat all of it out of frustration or anger!
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    For the food, try knocking on a few doors, preferably of neighbors you've seen around & have a "nodding acquaintanceship" with. Food in hand, explain that it's too much for you and ask if they would like it. Give first prefernce to doors with cute hunky guys living behind them :), and then to places with multiple teenagers and/or starving students.

Nice suggestion! Gets rid of the food and has the potential for making friends at the same time. I ended up with some cupcakes (long story) that I didn't want to keep around and eat, so I called my neighbors and asked if they'd like them. They have small boys, and I didn't want to take over the cupcakes and make the parents look like the "bad guys" if they refused them. Luckily, they were fine with it.
    :happy: