Eating more to lose?

Options
Still not quite getting it.
Im 5'3", currently 124 lbs..trying to get to 115 lbs, or at least look like it, by losing inches.
I have my goal set to lose .5 lbs a week, with daily light activity. Therefore, I am allowed 1450 calories a day..is this too much, too little?

Should my "net" calories be around a certain amount to lose weight, considering, I pretty much do cardio 6 days a week?
Please help:/ I calculated my bmr, which is 1391.8 & my tdee, which is 2390..if that helps:/

Replies

• Pinoy_Pal
    Pinoy_Pal Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    These numbers that are generated by these "calculators" are general reference points. I suggest that for two weeks you eat 2390cals/day (continue with your cardio) and then see if you've gained weight or lost the weight you've aimed for, then adjust accordingly. Generally, you'd want to consume 100-500cals less than your actual TDEE. Healthy weight loss is about 1-2lbs/week. Hope this helps.

:o]
  • alexsmith01
    alexsmith01 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Sounds fine in my not-professional opinion :) You are eating more than your BMR therefore not starving yourself, but less than TDEE, therefore will lose weight :)
  • SmashleeWpg
    SmashleeWpg Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Read this post here, it may be very helpful:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/538381-in-place-of-a-road-map

And then surf to this link and see if your numbers match up:

http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/

Hope this helps! :)
  • stephl21uk
    stephl21uk Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    ie personally had to find an amount what was right for me.....i was eating under 900cals when i 1st started but have discovered a variation of high (1200 cals) and low (1000cals) days works for me and helps my weight loss.....i'd do what one of the above posts says eat what cals MFP has set for you plus ur exercise cals back if this doesnt work lower it or dont eat ur cals back and see how you go.....im no professional but thats what i would try xx
  • babyblooeyes
    babyblooeyes Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Your net should be 1450 as well. You need to eat your exercise calories back.