Replies

• tash313
    tash313 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    sounds great!
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Im making this recipe right now. Its my first time eating it ...i'll will be back with the results of it.

Easy Bake Chicken and Rice.

1 can (10 3/4 oz) cream of chicken soup
    1 cup water
    3/4 cup uncooked rice( i used one bag of uncle bens boil-n-bag brown rice)
    1/2 tsp. paprika (divided)
    1/2 tsp. pepper (divided)
    2 skinnles, boneless chicken breasts
    1/4 tsp. salt

Preheat oven to 375.

In an 8”x8” baking pan, mix the soup, water, rice, 1/4 tsp. of paprika, and 1/4 tsp. of pepper. Sprinkle the chicken breasts with salt, 1/4 tsp. pepper and 1/4 tsp. paprika, then place on top of the rice. Cover with foil (tightly). Bake 45-60 minutes.

I had to come back and say that this was fabulous! Next time i won't add any extra salt because the soup has enough sodium in it and i will use less pepper. My dh loved it! he didn't even know i used brown rice...bonus:drinker:

Here is the nutritional info...Servings:2, Calories:395, Fat:15, Carbs: 49.
    *im sure you can lower the cals and the fat grams by using the fat free cream of chicken soup*

I make something like this for my family of 6. But I make it with :
    2.5 cups (uncooked) brown rice
    1/2 cup (uncooked) wild rice
    1 cup chopped onion
    2 cups chopped mushrooms (I chop it small, or else the kids complain)
    1 can reduced sodium low fat cream of mushroom soup (although any cream soup works)
    1 carton chicken broth

Mix this all together (it will be super super soupy, and the mushrooms will all float to the top. I also pepper and garlic the heck out of it, but that's just my tastes:smile:

Then layer your chicken over the top and season how you like. I generally do the magic 4 (we use these on everything)-- seasoned salt, pepper, onion powder, and pepper.

Bake at 350 for an hour to 2 hours (sometimes the chicken takes longer to get done, I think because of all the liquid). I don't know what the per serving calories are, because I put in everything individually. It makes about 15 servings of rice though, which works for dinner for all of us, leftovers another night for all of us, and some lunch servings for me...
  • Tim964
    Tim964 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Bear with me - I know this sounds weird, but I've found that the best marinade for chicken breast is apple cider vinegar. Once upon a time I had an actual recipe for this, but I can't find it anymore. What I do now is take about 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar, about 2 tablespoone of olive oil, about 1 tablespoon of light mayo (I don't know why, but it was in the original recipe, so I've always left it in) then add some salt, pepper, maybe a little worchesterhire sauce and garlic. Mix that all together and pour it over the chicken. You can marinate this for up to 12 hours.

The chicken does not come out tasting pickled - it's very juicy and flavorful.
  • karamae
    karamae Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Try using a lemon pepper marinade or dry rub. They are very good. We always bbq ours on the grill outside in the summertime.
  • Daisy_May
    Daisy_May Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say thanks for the diet pop chicken recipe, I made it last night and my bf was begging for more!
  • kblu0816
    kblu0816 Posts: 1,627 Member
    Options
    I think my favorite chicken recipe comes from my roomate who just made it in on the grill a couple weeks ago.

1 bottle of italian dressing
    6 chicken breasts
    1/3 cup minutemaid lemonade powder (the stuff you get in tubs)

I know it probably has lots of sugar so you could probably use crystal light lemonade powder..I'm going to do that next time I make it.

But you just marinate it for a couple hours or over night, slap in on the grill and it's amazing!!!
  • s_sanchez
    s_sanchez Posts: 96
    Options
    Great recipes everyone! Bumping for later.
  • kimcat73
    kimcat73 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say thanks for the diet pop chicken recipe, I made it last night and my bf was begging for more!

Glad you liked it, it's one of my favs too:)
  • samantha115
    samantha115 Posts: 371
    Options
    keeping an eye on all of these. I love chicken and these sound awesome.
  • jnikitow
    jnikitow Posts: 334
    Options
    Diet Coke Chicken

20 oz. Skinless, Boneless Chicken Breasts
    1 Cup Ketchup
    1 (12 oz.) Can of Diet Cola

Put chicken in a non-stick skillet. Pour ketchup and diet cola over the
    chicken. Turn heat to medium high and cook chicken for 45 minutes, stirring
    occasionally. Cover, reduce heat to simmer and cook another 15-20 minutes.
    Remove lid, and cook until sauce thickens and sticks to chicken. Sauce will
    taste like BBQ and the chicken is very tender.

Note: You can also make shredded BBQ chicken sandwiches with this. Simply
    use 2 forks and pull the chicken apart about 15 minutes before it's finished
    cooking. I also like to add some black pepper and diced onions to my cola
    chicken right when I start to cook it.

Serves: 5
    Per Serving: 184 Calories; 3g Fat (15.2% calories from fat); 26g Protein;
    13g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 69mg Cholesterol; 640mg Sodium.

Do you think this could be made with Cherry Coke Zero? I don't drink soda at all, and that is what my husband drinks, so it is already in the house.
  • kimcat73
    Options
    Diet Coke Chicken

1 Cup Ketchup

Do you think this could be made with Cherry Coke Zero? I don't drink soda at all, and that is what my husband drinks, so it is already in the house.

Hmmm, it's worth a shot, I don't see why not. I've heard of someone using Diet Dr.Pepper before and she said it was different, but ok. I drink Cherry Coke Zero too, so let me know how it works:)
  • Jnd921
    Jnd921 Posts: 18
    Options
    My husband makes the BEST grilled chicken thighs. Moist, flavorful and yummy! The secret? Apple cider vinegar!

We take the thighs and remove as much fat and skin as we can(for health reasons and to prevent flareups on the grill). Then we brush with a little olive oil and season with season salt, garlic powder and paprika. Then every now and then we spray them with the vinegar while they are on the grill.

So good and so delicious!
  • jnikitow
    jnikitow Posts: 334
    Options
    Diet Coke Chicken

1 Cup Ketchup

Does anyone know if you can make this in a crockpot? I would put it on LOW setting, so how long do you think I should do it for? I was thinking 6 hours.
  • kimcat73
    Options
    I've tried to make this in a crock pot and it tends to be too watery because the moisture stays in the pot. You can try it too, but that was my experience.
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    This is more of a depression cooking tip than a diet one, but it just dawned on me it would work to lessen the calories of anything.

My mother-in-law says that during the depression they use to water down all their sauces with water and saute the meat in it and it tasted the same as using the straight stuff.

They did about 50/50. I do that with my BBQ sauces all the time. It really doesn't lessen the flavor and it would be 1/2 of the calories of BBQ sauce itself.

It leaves the meat with a smoother taste.

Can't wait to try the Diet Coke chicken this weekend.

JAM
  • Mercede
    Mercede Posts: 21
    Options
    I just dip the chicken in egg beaters and roll it in Itallion Bread crumbs. I usually sprinklea little garlic powder on it. Spray both sides with Pam and bake until browned.
  • mirandagem
    mirandagem Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Pour a couple tablespoons of Olive Oil in a baking dish, put the chicken in and flip them, make sure to get oil all over both sides, season both sides with garlic powder, pepper and a pinch of salt, then add red and green peppers and onions (all chopped). I like to pour a lemon pepper marinade over the top, but you don't have to, it's still tasty. Bake at 400 for 45-50 min, flip after 30. De-lish.
  • injuneer81
    injuneer81 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    bump
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    marinate 24 hours or at least overnight (in the fridge).
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    After you cook your chicken, toss it around in a pan with a couple tablespoons of maple syrup. You can also toss in some cooked baby carrots. I don't know if there's anything better than glazed chicken and baby carrots. Of course it will use up all of your sugar grams for the day. Alternatively, you could use a couple tablespoons of sweet and sour or pineapple sauce.