GAME OF THRONES SEASON TWO PREMIER.. SPOILERS AHEAD

Options
DarthCeltic
DarthCeltic Posts: 1,274 Member
This is a general discussion about the premier last night.. if you have not seen it and dont want to know about it.. DO NOT READ THIS.

That is all.. thanks..

what did you think?

Replies

• kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I was a little underwhelmed...and lost
    Not too sound too blonde here, but they have such a long break between shooting..than try to throw in some new characters (who was that red haired chick??)..think they were new....
    so overall, will absolutely continue to watch....but overall a tad disappointed...

I want to see more dragon girl and her crew ;)
  • MizSaz
    MizSaz Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I hate Joffrey Baratheon with such a passion it's irrational. The dialogue between Cersi and Tyrion had me laughing hysterically. Did anyone else think it was a really well written episode in general? I was ready for next week's episode before the credits were done rolling.
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Not too sound too blonde here, but they have such a long break between shooting..than try to throw in some new characters (who was that red haired chick??)..think they were new....
    so overall, will absolutely continue to watch....but overall a tad disappointed...

That's how book 2 starts! A bunch of new characters that aren't explained until later on. Some people who you've only heard of by name, but not seen their faces.

Don't worry, There will be plenty more with Dany and her dragons!

I'm so excited! They changed the intro to include more cities/castles. I've been looking forward to this for months! Yay! I still really hate Joffrey. LOL.
  • wlgreen379
    wlgreen379 Posts: 104
    Options
    If you had read the books, it is pretty well put together. I am kind of happy that it has been more than a year since I have read the second book, so I have a bit more detachment from the written word and comparing it with what comes on the screen. That being said, I thought the whole thing was awesome. Stannis, Davos, and Melisandre were what I expected. I hoped to see more Arya in the first episode, but I wasn't disappointed. The killing of the *kitten* in Kings Landing was intense, though.
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    Options

That's how book 2 starts! A bunch of new characters that aren't explained until later on. Some people who you've only heard of by name, but not seen their faces.

Don't worry, There will be plenty more with Dany and her dragons!

I'm so excited! They changed the intro to include more cities/castles. I've been looking forward to this for months! Yay! I still really hate Joffrey. LOL.

Ok thanks for the explanation....haven't read the books and I will join the 'I hate Joffrey' fan club and am just fantasizing about his slow painful demise *evil laugh*
  • DarthCeltic
    Options

red headed mellisandre.. and her badass self.. she is what keeps stanis going.. you will love her character.. as for the rest they will be understood.. if you want a breakdown just message me and ill be glad to explain it..
  • DarthCeltic
    Options
    If you had read the books, it is pretty well put together. I am kind of happy that it has been more than a year since I have read the second book, so I have a bit more detachment from the written word and comparing it with what comes on the screen. That being said, I thought the whole thing was awesome. Stannis, Davos, and Melisandre were what I expected. I hoped to see more Arya in the first episode, but I wasn't disappointed. The killing of the *kitten* in Kings Landing was intense, though.

*kitten* slaying was intense.. but did you notice ros is now high society?? as she is an entirely new character.. (not in the books) i wonder what all she will have her hands in..
  • wlgreen379
    Options

*kitten* slaying was intense.. but did you notice ros is now high society?? as she is an entirely new character.. (not in the books) i wonder what all she will have her hands in..

he he he... Ros was in the books, but quite briefly. I think the producers thought they just needed another hot redhead in the mix. I'm not complaining too much, unless they make a Ros, Theon, Tyrion love triangle thing happen.

As long as they hold to the story, small details can be accepted.
  • DarthCeltic
    Options

he he he... Ros was in the books, but quite briefly. I think the producers thought they just needed another hot redhead in the mix. I'm not complaining too much, unless they make a Ros, Theon, Tyrion love triangle thing happen.

Ros might have been in the second book.. but not in the first and she was in the first season.. so i think she is wild card.. and it makes me wonder what d.b. weiss and George R.R. Martin are cooking up..

but yes trust me.. im not complaining one bit.. she is all woman and smoking hot..

what did you think of robs direwolf?
  • sbeisel1
    sbeisel1 Posts: 181
    Options
    I hate Joffrey Baratheon with such a passion it's irrational. The dialogue between Cersi and Tyrion had me laughing hysterically. Did anyone else think it was a really well written episode in general? I was ready for next week's episode before the credits were done rolling.

YES I did, im just at the end of the second book so its all fresh in my mind. my hubby hasnt read the books so was asking a lot of questions, I assured him the new characters would be explained later.
  • wlgreen379
    Options

Ros might have been in the second book.. but not in the first and she was in the first season.. so i think she is wild card.. and it makes me wonder what d.b. weiss and George R.R. Martin are cooking up..

but yes trust me.. im not complaining one bit.. she is all woman and smoking hot..

what did you think of robs direwolf?

I understand that it is HBO and they do not have Michael Bay's budget, but I thought the CGI could have been a little better. I think they need to do the best they can to stick with closeups on the direwolves and use them in the Warg dreams. That will make them come across a little better.
  • DarthCeltic
    Options

YES I did, im just at the end of the second book so its all fresh in my mind. my hubby hasnt read the books so was asking a lot of questions, I assured him the new characters would be explained later.

very well written! it was awesome.. did you notice that gendry was different?
  • chase7512
    chase7512 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I already find this season is looking good, but I don't know what I'm going to do next season when the "red wedding" ep airs...lol

They def picked a good person to play a lot of the characters. ( except Cersei, Jaime are supposed to have golden blonde hair and I expected different for Castor, but all in all I think their great and the new ones.)
  • DarthCeltic
    Options
    I already find this season is looking good, but I don't know what I'm going to do next season when the "red wedding" ep airs...lol

They def picked a good person to play a lot of the characters. ( except Cersei, Jaime are supposed to have golden blonde hair and I expected different for Castor, but all in all I think their great and the new ones.)

they are breaking clash of kings into two seasons.. (ive heard that.. dont quote me.. that or the one with the red wedding may be two years out.. ) and i will lose it as well.. i hate that twist..
  • Shellyyy7928
    Shellyyy7928 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    DVR'd it last night and just finished it now. Ahh loved it over all. Haven't read the second book in a while, but I though we would have seen Stannis' daughter atleast in the first episode. Or someones daughter. Idk but next week can't come fast enough lol!
  • DarthCeltic
    Options
    DVR'd it last night and just finished it now. Ahh loved it over all. Haven't read the second book in a while, but I though we would have seen Stannis' daughter atleast in the first episode. Or someones daughter. Idk but next week can't come fast enough lol!

i want to see patches and moon boy! and now that dontos is gonna be a fool.. (although he was supposed to be naked)
  • chase7512
    chase7512 Posts: 76 Member
    Options

they are breaking clash of kings into two seasons.. (ive heard that.. dont quote me.. that or the one with the red wedding may be two years out.. ) and i will lose it as well.. i hate that twist..

I would prefer that ayways. I find the one downfall to season 1 is the filled the entire first book into the season leaving those who haven't read the books a little out of the loop (especially with learning characters)

Yeah I actually put the book down for a few weeks after the wedding...lol
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Overall it was awesome! Tyrion taking control at kings landing was nice to see. The direwolves are getting big too When I saw Ghost(Snow's Direwolf) in the season finale, I was worried they wouldn't get very big, obviously not the case.
  • DarthCeltic
    Options

I would prefer that ayways. I find the one downfall to season 1 is the filled the entire first book into the season leaving those who haven't read the books a little out of the loop (especially with learning characters)

Yeah I actually put the book down for a few weeks after the wedding...lol

i was a bit sick.. but then again.. it was a twist.. and you know how that goes..
  • DarthCeltic
    Options
    Overall it was awesome! Tyrion taking control at kings landing was nice to see. The direwolves are getting big too When I saw Ghost(Snow's Direwolf) in the season finale, I was worried they wouldn't get very big, obviously not the case.

huge doesnt even cover it.. i would have ****e my self if i was jaime..