I need HELP!!!

Options
I need some help! I started MFP almost a month ago and am having good results. I only have one problem, my daughter! She is almost 10 months old and recently developed separation anxiety...bad! A couple weeks ago I could go to the gym anytime, any day and she would be fine. Now, when I go, I have to pull her out of the gym daycare because she is screaming and crying for "MAMAAA!" (I even had to cut a personal training session short) I have not been able to get a good gym work out in awhile and it is hard. We go on lots of walks/jogs together, but I would like to do some different cardio and strength train a little. Anyone have any suggestions on how to keep the little princess happy while mommy is gone, or have any good home work out suggestions while I wait for this stage to pass. PLEASE!!! :)

Replies

• cat_1977
    cat_1977 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hey there!

Why not try Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred? It's quick so you could do it at home while your daughter is napping. It's also very effective so you will still see results while you're unable to get to the gym.

Good luck!
  • poledancing_ninja
    Options
    Lift her? Lol.

Or go swimming together. You can both splash around and you could do some water aerobics whilst she paddles about
  • lroger299
    Options
    My wife does the Jillian Michaels Body Revolution training. It's her version of P90X. It's intense! you can do that at home. I do the Elliptical Machine and walk a mile three times a week. Your daughter will grow out of this soon enough and you'll be able to go back to the GYM.
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I work out exclusively at home. My daughter was the same way at that age (it's perfectly normal, developmentally), and there is no way I would've been able to leave her with random gym daycare people.

Here's what I started with. Streaming Netflix workout videos. I was doing Pilates, Yoga, and a little cardio/weight training. Now, I've added some DVDs to the mix - JM's Ripped in 30, Bob Harper's Totally Ripped Core, and Sparkpeople's 28 day bootcamp. I have Bryan Kest Power Yoga Complete Collection, Exhale: Core Fusion Collection, and Bob Harper: Pure Burn Super Strength coming next. Between all these, I should have enough to not get bored and remain challenged.
  • utvolsfan74
    utvolsfan74 Posts: 105
    Options
    I do Jillian Michaels 30 day shred and Shaun T's rockin' body. With my work schedule I don't want to pay for a gym membership I won't use much so everything I do, I do at home. Good Luck.
  • alarson88
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Ive never been motivated enough to do at home videos because I would get bored, but I am motivated now and will try Jillian Michael's videos!
  • stephc0711
    stephc0711 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I love Jillian's workouts! You come out sweating and miserably sore, but it feels great!
  • sherry9300
    sherry9300 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Well, you could work out at home, but what about the other things you must leave her to do? Have you checked out the gym daycare? Is it only there this issue comes up? If it's a true separation issue, you would try to work through it so that your life (and your child's) can be as stress free and productive as possible. If it only happens at the gym, I would take a good look at the facility.
  • meganmorsey
    Options
    Here's what I started with. Streaming Netflix workout videos. I was doing Pilates, Yoga, and a little cardio/weight training.

I never knew Netflix had workout videos!! Now I know what to do when it's raining and I can't go for a run :)