HELP

Options
Ok, so on my home page it says for me to eat 1200 calories daily. Then with the bmr tool, it says 1374 calories. Why doesn't it put that number on my home page? Then do I want to eat all my exercise calories or half? I want to lose 1-2lbs a week for a total of a 15lb loss. Thx!

Replies

• honestlysweet
    honestlysweet Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Here is a good thread.http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/538381-in-place-of-a-road-map

It explains BMR, and TDEE and gives you a website to go to to calculate everything. It is very informative.
  • bm_stclair
    bm_stclair Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Not sure if I understand your question exactly but here are somethings that I've noticed.

When I update my weight in my diary I've noticed that it does not automatically adjust my allowable calories shown on my home page. I have to actually go to the "MY HOME" tab. Click on the "Settings" link then click on "Update diet/fitness profile". Make sure all your stats that show up are accurate including your weight and goals. Then click the "Update Profile" button.
    It was only then did I see my allowable calories on my home page drop. In my case it went from 1580 to 1550 calories.

Also, I always try to eat most of by exercise calories back. I've been successful in doing so. Having said that, others reportedly do not eat theirs back and they've been successful. Bottom line is that you will have to use your best judgement and go with whatever is working for you. As a starting point I would eat the exercise calories and see what happens. You dont want to send your body into starvation mode which can be counter productive. If you dont see results after a couple weeks then gradually reduce your net calories until you do.

Hope that helps.
  • mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    MFP will deduct calories from your TDEE (not including exercise) to meet as close as possible to your lose goal per week.

You are very close to your goal weight so I'd say you shouldn't aim for anything more than 0.5lb a week loss in your goals (which will up your calories).

When you are smaller you will lose slower if you are doing it in a healthy way. Something to think about.... depending on what you have your goals set at now it might be best to raise the weekly loss goal to 0.5lbs.

Good luck