Horse People!!

Options
13»

Replies

• niandralades
    Options
    hi! i'm riding a horse a couple times a week now and have worked with horses and been riding my whole life. you can add me too

a question: lungeing (?), how do you log that? do you?
  • horseluvinmama
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I am new to myfitnesspal - and I was so excited to see this message board! I work for a seed company, I have 2 paint horses that I show in trail, western riding, and halter. I am also a manager of a competitive trail riding group.

I have a LOT of weight to loose, so I'm glad I found other horse people to help me on my journey!
  • wvtracyann
    wvtracyann Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Love horses I ride western too. I dont show much but I do trail ride anytime that I get a chance I have a 14 yr old paint named Skyy. Add me if you like :) I am wanting to lose around 20 more pounds and need to stay motovatied as well
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I don't compete, though I may get brave enough to do so this year :) I have a five year old mare that I ride about 4-5 times a week, mostly dressage.
  • margaretat
    Options
    I just started riding about a year ago at a local stables. I do not own my own horse but use one of the horses that is used for lessons. I just love it.:happy: I ride every Wednesday night and during the summer will be going on a horsebacking vacation which I'm really looking forward to.
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely a horse lover - took lessons and had a horse as a teenager, but gave it up when life got busy, then took riding lessons a few years ago as an adult. Loved it, but after a bad fall (and serious lack of trust/confidence in the instructor) I quit. Now I'm working on writing a series of young adult novels set in the wonderful world of horse shows :-) At some point, if I move closer to a more reputable stable/instructor, I might try it again - really enjoy dressage. Another goal is to adopt a rescue horse. So feel free to add me - would love to have a group of horsey friends to ask questions for my novels :flowerforyou:
  • abbezen
    abbezen Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Huge horse lover here...although I don't have any of my own any more. I live in Montana. Anyone, please feel free to ad me. Good luck to all on their journey!
  • tobafa
    tobafa Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    My wife used to show horses and her claim to fame was showing against Patrick Swayze and his wife and my wife won! :D We have several animals including horses. Feel free to add me too. :D
  • Princess_Sameen
    Princess_Sameen Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Yippee horsey people :) I have a heavyweight cob to hold my weight but would like to ride an Arab like i use to! getting closer to my goal.
    got three gorgeous horses cant imagine not having them :)

please feel free to add me :flowerforyou: be nice to have some horsey friends
  • bandenna
    bandenna Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    hi! i'm riding a horse a couple times a week now and have worked with horses and been riding my whole life. you can add me too

a question: lungeing (?), how do you log that? do you?

When I lunge my horses, I don't stand in place, I am constantly moving towards their hindquarters. So I would probably calculate how long I have walked lungeing your horse depending on how fast you are going. (I think, if theres any better ideas, feel free to give them to me)