Wisconsin

Options

Replies

• TheWinman
    TheWinman Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Wisconsin will always be my second home. I'm from Illinois but spent most of my weekends for about 30 years up there, boating/jetskiing, snowmobiling, water skiing, mountain biking and cross country skiing. Most of my lifelong best friends are from Wisconsin, great people!!!

We had a house on Lauderdale Lakes which is just outside of Elkhorn!

Cheese and brats also!!!

The only thing wrong with Wisconsin is the Packers :) Sorry, couldn't resist!!!
  • christina_theresa
    christina_theresa Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Stevens Point, represent!! :smile:
  • Melinka77
    Options
    Yeppers! Madison area :happy:
  • TheWinman
    TheWinman Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Yeppers! Madison area :happy:

I love Madison. UW graduate!!
  • Longtobeslim
    Longtobeslim Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Jill,

I'm in Virginia and I am with you on all the traffic and the snow story. I hate all the congestion out here. Although I do like the weather here in Virginia. I love the four seasons and we do get snow sometimes. We found our little piece of Wisconsin here. We live a bit outside of town, 1 acre of land with woods and not right on top of our neighbors. We walk around the neighborhood a lot and it reminds me of Wisconsin. But the city life is just a few minutes away so I feel like I get the best of country and city living.

I hear you on the snow, but not just that. Here in Virginia they can't handle rain either. When it rains there are tons of accidents, just like with snow. They don't handle either very well. I love going outside for a walk when it is snowing, especially at night it is so beautiful.

Also, what is really funny is if the weather person predicts snow coming EVERYONE floods to the grocery store, It is hilarious. It's like they think the will be snowed in for days. I avoid the grocery store when they are calling for snow.

I love your Packer symbol on your tool line. I didn't see that when I was making a choice. How did you get it.

Anyway, its great to see so many Wisconsin peeps here and Packers fans off course. Boo Vikings fans.

Good luck in your journey. If you want to be friends, send me an invite.

Erin
  • tryingvegan
    tryingvegan Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I am from Wisconsin also. But have been living in Central Texas for 25 years.
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Wisconsin is my 2nd home too (although I grew up in Illinois and I've lived in MN the past 10 years). My husband and I went to college in WI and loved it there. I don't consider MN to be home. My in-laws have a house in northern WI so we go visit every summer but they are trying to sell it (boohooo). We love our brats and beer (well, not so much anymore for me but I used to) too! :)
  • jill92787
    jill92787 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Jill,

I'm in Virginia and I am with you on all the traffic and the snow story. I hate all the congestion out here. Although I do like the weather here in Virginia. I love the four seasons and we do get snow sometimes. We found our little piece of Wisconsin here. We live a bit outside of town, 1 acre of land with woods and not right on top of our neighbors. We walk around the neighborhood a lot and it reminds me of Wisconsin. But the city life is just a few minutes away so I feel like I get the best of country and city living.

I hear you on the snow, but not just that. Here in Virginia they can't handle rain either. When it rains there are tons of accidents, just like with snow. They don't handle either very well. I love going outside for a walk when it is snowing, especially at night it is so beautiful.

Also, what is really funny is if the weather person predicts snow coming EVERYONE floods to the grocery store, It is hilarious. It's like they think the will be snowed in for days. I avoid the grocery store when they are calling for snow.

I love your Packer symbol on your tool line. I didn't see that when I was making a choice. How did you get it.

Anyway, its great to see so many Wisconsin peeps here and Packers fans off course. Boo Vikings fans.

Good luck in your journey. If you want to be friends, send me an invite.

Erin

Haha exactly, I'm in Norfolk. I'm stuck on base though, so I'm surrounded by the city. God I hate the traffic. I have a special hatred of the driving here, I was in a car accident last summer because some idiot couldn't drive in the rain. When I venture outside of this area, I actually do like Virginia, but in the Hampton Roads area, I'm not such a fan haha.

When you make your ticker there's one where you can make your own, use your own image, I did that and used a packer picture that I found online. :)
  • LisaEileen
    LisaEileen Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Little Chute
  • jill92787
    jill92787 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Little Chute

That's my hometown!
  • Melinka77
    Options
    Love Wisconsin!
  • Vmsunderland
    Options
    Yep, I'm from the point area
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    I was born there and raised in Platteville. I married a Minnesotan and moved to NC for 5+ years and since 1981 have lived in MN. I return when ever I can and I proudly Back the Pack!
  • paw247Pat
    paw247Pat Posts: 30
    Options
    Very Funny!!! You haven't lived til you've worn a Cheese Head!!!
  • Nekhet
    Nekhet Posts: 380
    Options
    From Madison area just joined today :)
  • rjcherek2
    rjcherek2 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Central Wi here... Wausau!
  • conidiring
    conidiring Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Raised in Green Bay and now have lived in Madison for the past 14 years! Go Pack!
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Born in Wausau and have never left. Almost 32 years here now. Pretty sure I will be here until I die.
  • monasgoa1
    Options
    I'm from Wisconsin, born in Milwaukee & live in the burbs.