Heart rate monitors amd GPS devices

Options
Hello,
Hi members just looking for ideas about which heart rate monitors and GPS devices are easiest, fairly priced, but all around effective? From watches, chest bands and combination of many, what is in our opinion the best with ease of use and packet feature punch ... =_) personally I am looking towards the new model which has heart rate, bluetooth, MP3 and GPS in one (M-actv8). So please tell whatcha think?

Replies

• Tribonian
    Tribonian Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I have only tried the Wahoo Fitness which does everything you describe for the iPhone. There are times when it is as buggy as bat poop but I still like it. A lot.
  • gsmitty1
    gsmitty1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Kool i will look into that ... thnx
  • christina_theresa
    christina_theresa Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I use to use a Garmin 405cx and I loved it until my rechargeable battery died. The battery replacement was RIDICULOUS, it cost almost as much as the unit. Now I use the Polar FT60 with GPS. I had a few user errors at first, but now I love it. The best part about Polar HRM's is most take a replaceable watch battery.
  • speedyf
    speedyf Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    I've been using Polar RS300X since November, and I love it! I replace the GPS battery with a rechargeable one.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    for the stats you want, I would recommend the same one that speedyf said, they are about 170 dollars retail. Also the FT60 is good if you're into very detailed training logging.

if you nix the GPS then the price drops dramatically.
  • slprout
    slprout Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I have been using Motoactiv for 6 weeks and love it. It is my motivator and I wear it every day. Just wish the website had a place to track meals so you could compare calories in to calories out. Don't use the MP3 much because I don't like wearing a headset.
  • icculus19
    icculus19 Posts: 39
    Options
    garmin forerunner 110 it comes with HRM and strap. the forerunner is the least expensive and has less bells and whistles. this is the same set up i have and have used it for over 2 years. it works great the cals burned when using the HRM is more accurate when you are walking running outside b/c you have satalite coverage and it will take into account your pace and speed. if you use it with just the runnning stop watch it will only show the cals burned for your average heart rate at a certain amount of time. ex. if i run 5 miles out side cals burned will show about 750-770 inside it is around 600-630