Over ComingSkinny Fat with Pics

Options
2»

Replies

• kayleygrav
    kayleygrav Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    You look awesome. I'm working soo hard to TONE.
  • duchess_natas
    duchess_natas Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    You said you don't go to a gym. Are you lifting weights or are using your own body weight?

I have two sets of adjustable dumbbells. One goes to 30lbs and the other 55 lbs.
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    you look great!! I'm in the sme boat, nice weight size but skinny fat... since you don't go to the gym what are you doing?
  • conidiring
    conidiring Posts: 230 Member
    Options
  • duchess_natas
    duchess_natas Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    You got bigger but your pants got looser? How is that possible? I could see if you got heavier but not bigger, but more inches in the pants would make them tighter. Inches are inches.

Trust me...I took this measurement like 5 times. Even had my husband take it to make sure I was getting this right. When I started working out again, I lost a lot in my thighs running. But I still had those dimples when I sat down. We ladies hate those. But when I started lifting, I put those inches back on in muscle and my legs are so much more lean, they fit amazingly in my jeans. And look great in a dress or shorts. And I can't WAIT to go bikini shopping...finally!
  • conidiring
    conidiring Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    What is new rules for women lifting? I have been lifting with my husband for a while now and I like it but I'm not seeing muscle building and I'm having a hard time increasing my weights. I wonder if I need to do something different.

It's a book with a lifting program in it (there's more than that to it, but it gives a good program to follow).
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Wonderfull job :)
  • smoten
    smoten Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Well thats great news! I cant afford a gym membership right now and want that definition too. I am also a cardio junkie, i still like it but maybe its time to mix it up a bit. Thanks for posting this. you look super!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    You got bigger but your pants got looser? How is that possible? I could see if you got heavier but not bigger, but more inches in the pants would make them tighter. Inches are inches.

Trust me...I took this measurement like 5 times. Even had my husband take it to make sure I was getting this right. When I started working out again, I lost a lot in my thighs running. But I still had those dimples when I sat down. We ladies hate those. But when I started lifting, I put those inches back on in muscle and my legs are so much more lean, they fit amazingly in my jeans. And look great in a dress or shorts. And I can't WAIT to go bikini shopping...finally!

It's not a matter of trust. It still doesn't make sense that being larger = looser jeans. Unlike the much debated muscle weighing more than fat and a pound is a pound, an inch is still an inch. But I'm glad your jeans fit better and you are reaching your goals. Congrats.
  • southofmadness
    southofmadness Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Great job. Looking awesome!
  • DanielleRN8
    DanielleRN8 Posts: 409
    Options
    Last September, after months of being unhappy with how my body looked and *****ing and moaning about it, I got back on MFP and started getting myself in shape. But, I did what most women do, I cut calories and kicked cardio into over drive. I weighed around 122 lbs and didn't look it at all. I got myself all the way down to 114 lbs and still looked pudgy. Then I saw the light. Lifting is where it's at. I workout from home (how I wish I could lift really big at a gym) lifting 3 days a week and using what I have. The other days I did some sort of family activity like riding bikes, play basketball...something active. And I did one day of rest. All I can say is that I've been lifting for the past 5 weeks and have seen more results in those past weeks than the 5 months before it.

These are my measurements between February 19th and April 1st:

High Waist - 26 to 27
    Waist - 30.5 to 31
    Hips - 36.5 to 37
    Right Thigh - 19 to 21
    Left Thigh - 19 - 20.5
    Right Arm - 10.25 to 10.5
    Left Arm - 10.25 to 10.5
    Weight - 116 to 117

That's right, my size is bigger, but my weight is only up a pound. Today I'm wearing a pair of jeans (size 8) that I couldn't hardly button last year...only now, they are loose with so much room to spare. No more undoing that button when I eat. I have upped my calories to 1800 and I eat back my workout calories. AND I EAT!!! No, I don't eat all the candy I ate before, or the junk, or the sodium. And yes, I need to clean it up here and there...but for the most part, I EAT! Pizza once a week. Dessert almost every night. Pasta! I EAT!!!

Below are my before lifting and during pics. The ones in the sports bra were taken Jan 7th toward the end of my cardio crap. The ones in my bra were taken yesterday. The pic of me from the side in my undies was taken at the very beginning and the one under was yesterday. Yes, I have just started my weight lifting. Yes, I have a ways to go. And YES, I plan to do more. I'm on my rest week right now, but I start New Rules of Lifting for Women (NROLFW) this weekend and I have the next 6 months planned out. By the end of this program I will turn 40 and I plan to have a body that denies my age. My gift to myself is saying good-bye to Skinny Fat for the 1st time in my life.

5c-1-1-1-1-1.jpg

Stay tuned...I ain't done yet, I'm just getting started!

I want to lift at home so badly!!! What did you do exactly? Your results are amazing!
  • TrophyWifeSass
    TrophyWifeSass Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    You are awesome. Keep on keeping on. Glad you are my friend:smile:
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,998 Member
    Options
    I think you have done great - like you, getting over my "more cardio/less calories" mind-set has taken a LOT of effort, strength, and self-talk.....it's hard to undo 25+ YEARS of habitual cardio!!

I'm not prepared to post my results (yet!), but I do feel stronger every single day and I do believe that my body shape is changing. So what if my results aren't "instantaneous"?? I *know* how hard I am working at heavy-lifting and eating appropriate calories. It, for sure, looks like you are, too!

Congrats!
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Lifting weight makes life so much fun, I wish more people would realize how awesome it is!! You get to eat like crazy and still transform your body!

GO YOU! You rock!!!! And you look awesome!
  • gambygirl63
    Options
    way to go

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]20242210.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You are doing fantastic!
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    You look stunning, love it!
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for posting - very inspirational. I'm in the same boat and struggling to put on some nice, lean muscle. I'm finishing up Stage 1 of New Rules, and sometimes, I just feel discouraged. Your photos are awesome!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!