Single Truth is

Options

Replies

• BuckeyeBoi
    BuckeyeBoi Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    love and relationships both make me very scared.

Im always sure Im going to suffocate or break his heart or disappear.

Or he will sneakily start changing me....

brb paper bag... Ive been single for too long, I barely remember how to do dating.
    I m a bit rusty on dating myself
  • vade43113
    vade43113 Posts: 836 Member
    Options

brb paper bag... Ive been single for too long, I barely remember how to do dating.
    At least you two have been out on a date... I can't even find one. Then again, I haven't tried.

I learned from my brother's and friends mistakes. The best relationship is one with yourself.
  • Ayeshat
    Ayeshat Posts: 209
    Options

At least you two have been out on a date... I can't even find one. Then again, I haven't tried.

I learned from my brother's and friends mistakes. The best relationship is one with yourself.

nooooo don't be so cynical.. yh there are some really crap times.. like really... honestly.....seriously lol... but doesn't erase the good times...
  • Melinka77
    Options
    Being single is so much fun! Other than missing the physical part of course :-) No rules, period. I love my single life. I don't like answering to other people, very independant. On the flip side, I would also like a relationship .... but .... I will not settle for anything less than ideal for me at this point in my life. I love being single too much to lose that for a mediocre relationship just to be with someone. But like another poster experienced, I went through a tough break up about 3 yrs ago so maybe my head is in a different place than someone elses.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options

2 points for assumptions

I cancel all my dates. There's no way Im going out to be judged on my looks and laugh and whatever intelligence I decide its ok to reveal, and then discarded as soon as I tell them Im not putting out on the first date. EFF THAT.

The only thing worse is when you go out and YOU have to do the rejecting.

When you sit on your bed painting your toenails and try so hard to fight against the monsters in your head, the self-hating, youre not good enough, no one wants to walk next to you in public, youre not at goal weight anyway- demon... and you finally get out of the house and show up and you cant breathe and the guy is wearing a mustard stained tshirt from 1992 and he asks if you like to titty-f**k before he even asks if you found the place ok....

alright rant over

staying single.
  • yoovie
    Options
    Being single is so much fun! Other than missing the physical part of course :-)

i must be going to hell.
  • BuckeyeBoi
    Options

2 points for assumptions

I cancel all my dates. There's no way Im going out to be judged on my looks and laugh and whatever intelligence I decide its ok to reveal, and then discarded as soon as I tell them Im not putting out on the first date. EFF THAT.

When you sit on your bed painting your toenails and try so hard to fight against the monsters in your head, the self-hating, youre not good enough, no one wants to walk next to you in public, youre not at goal weight anyway- demon... and you finally get out of the house and show up and you cant breathe and the guy is wearing a mustard stained tshirt from 1992 and he asks if you like to titty-f**k before he even asks if you found the place ok....

alright rant over

staying single.
    Can I paint your toenails lol!!!!!!
    I love how a person looks but my big thing is what kind of soul do you have or in my ex s case do you actually have a soul? If your ugly on the inside you will be ugly on the outside!
  • yoovie
    Options

2 points for assumptions

alright rant over

staying single.
    I love how a person looks but my big thing is what kind of soul do you have or in my ex s case do you actually have a soul? If your ugly on the inside you will be ugly on the outside!

I worry about their soul if Im going to be their friend. But if they aren't sexy to me... then all we will ever be is friends.

Because that attraction factor is the difference between BFFs and FWBs.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    ... and you finally get out of the house and show up and you cant breathe and the guy is wearing a mustard stained tshirt from 1992 and he asks if you like to titty-f**k before he even asks if you found the place ok....

alright rant over

staying single.

oh please...if this is the kind of guy you are dating then ...well...do guys like that actually exist? do you actually think ALL guys are like this? I aint buying it
  • BuckeyeBoi
    Options

2 points for assumptions

alright rant over

staying single.

I worry about their soul if Im going to be their friend. But if they aren't sexy to me... then all we will ever be is friends.

well said, I have to feel that sexuality
  • yoovie
    Options
    ... and you finally get out of the house and show up and you cant breathe and the guy is wearing a mustard stained tshirt from 1992 and he asks if you like to titty-f**k before he even asks if you found the place ok....

alright rant over

staying single.

oh please...if this is the kind of guy you are dating then ...well...do guys like that actually exist? do you actually think ALL guys are like this? I aint buying it

its not the kind of guy Im dating, if you read the line before it- its the kind of guy Im rejecting.... also, i do not think all men are like that which is why i didnt ever say that all men are like that.

I see that you cut out most of what I said- but I will restate it...

Im scared of the judgment on first dates... but its worse for me when I have to do the rejecting.

Thank you for blasting me in public for admitting my insecurities and fears.

You are a lovely individual.
  • vade43113
    Options

Thus is the reason, I have learned it is best to be single. If all anyone can see is how attractive someone is, it is saying.... It is alright if he beats me, killed my dog, Treats me like ****, and doesn't even care about me emotionally. But as long as the sex part is great and he looks like an angel.... All is great
  • yoovie
    Options

Thus is the reason, I have learned it is best to be single. If all anyone can see is how attractive someone is, it is saying.... It is alright if he beats me, killed my dog, Treats me like ****, and doesn't even care about me emotionally. But as long as the sex part is great and he looks like an angel.... All is great

yea cause that's what I said?

If someone is ugly on the inside, I wont be attracted to them physically, emotionally or platonically.
    If someone is not attractive to me on the outside, I wont be attracted to them sexually, and thats the only line I'll draw.
    I would hate to end up in a relationship with someone that was beautiful to me... but who I did not want...WANTwant. How nfair would it be to that person? Tobe trapped in a relationship with someone that thought they were wonderful, but didnt want to be intimate...

Anyone who assumes that someone needs physical attraction to sleep with someone, would also allow that person to beat them and kill their dog... is reading between the lines of a stranger's comment, which is unfair.

Just because I was talking about the sexual attraction part... does not mean that the inner beauty part means nothing to me... it's a different paragraph in the same topic- but I dont have to always state one along side the other in the same sentence.

Also... why does everyone think that ugly people are all beautiful on the inside, and sexy people all have manure for souls? That isnt very nice. The two can cross over nicely and very very often do.

PS - also - neither BFFs nor FWBs is a kind of relationship... so there would be no need to leave anyway.

Thank you for judging a stranger to pieces on the internet today... would you like a cookie? You dont have to track it.
  • vade43113
    Options

yea cause that's what I said?

If someone is ugly on the inside, I wont be attracted to them physically, emotionally or platonically.
    If someone is not attractive to me on the outside, I wont be attracted to them sexually, and thats the only line I'll draw.
    I would hate to end up in a relationship with someone that was beautiful to me... but who I did not want...WANTwant. How nfair would it be to that person? Tobe trapped in a relationship with someone that thought they were wonderful, but didnt want to be intimate...

Anyone who assumes that someone needs physical attraction to sleep with someone, would also allow that person to beat them and kill their dog... is reading between the lines of a stranger's comment, which is unfair.

Just because I was talking about the sexual attraction part... does not mean that the inner beauty part means nothing to me... it's a different paragraph in the same topic- but I dont have to always state one along side the other in the same sentence.

Also... why does everyone think that ugly people are all beautiful on the inside, and sexy people all have manure for souls? That isnt very nice. The two can cross over nicely and very very often do.

PS - also - neither BFFs nor FWBs is a kind of relationship... so there would be no need to leave anyway.

Thank you for judging a stranger to pieces on the internet today... would you like a cookie? You dont have to track it.

I wasn't judging anyone, you mistake what I was pointing out as being judgmental. Just stating that is why I will always be single. If you took it the wrong way, I am sorry. It was tied to another conversation I had. Where she said that intimacy and looks made up for 90% of ANY relationship.

Besides, I know there are people out there that are beautiful inside and out. Personally, I don't think I am, and haven't found many others. but that is another story.

I am terribly sorry, you don't have to forgive me if you don't want to. Sorry
  • DQMD
    DQMD Posts: 193
    Options
    Being single isn't that bad. My ex2be and I had very different schedules and interests. We had very little to talk about besides the dog. He would tell me about his work and BMX. I started to talk about my work and he would turn on the TV. So I just stopped talking.

I enjoy not sharing the bed with another person. Granted my dog will sneak up in my spot and look innocent. Mind you he is 60 lbs.

I wear VS for me. I don't wear it for anyone else.

I don't mind eating at restaurants by myself. I will bring a book with me and relax.

I do get lonely at night. I will call my mom or find something to do.

I am not settling for mr. right now, but I want someone who doesn't bore me. Or disrespect me. I don't need someone to suffocate me and be all mushy all the time. That suffocates me...
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Being single ain't so bad.........................but then, I went through a rather horrendous marriage for a LONG time, and being single has given me new life!

Same here!
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Im not in a hurry it s just a desire...... I just dont like serial dating

Tell that to a chick and you will score. 80% of the time..it works everytime.

LOL... words like that have great power to loosen women's pants....most of the guys who tell me they're ready to settle down say it right before making their move. Then curse me out when it doesn't work.
  • cenedra777
    Options
    I really enjoy the freedom I have, being a single person. I can make my own plans, do the things I like, and don't have to manage the moods of others. Sure, there are times that I feel that pang of lonliness in my heart - especially when I see two people somewhere who seem to genuinely enjoy each other.

But - my experience has been that most relationships come with more headaches than blessings. I'd rather continue to become healthy myself, and improve who I am as a person, before I even entertain the idea of sharing my life with another person. Two broken people just make a bunch of broken pieces. Two whole people sharing their lives - now that's a beautiful thing.
  • xsarahlouise1
    Options
    Im not in a hurry it s just a desire...... I just dont like serial dating

I have been thinking the exact same thing this evening!
  • TitanGM
    TitanGM Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    I'm single, but I don't like to be too desperate or needy about it. Just chill and enjoy your freedom as much as u can, and love surely will come the right time.