so lost and confused

Options
Ok so... reading, on here and other websites... you shouldnt eat below your BMR... now depending on the website, for ME that can be anywhere from 1700-2000...

Thinking back to the several times I did (and successfully lost weight) using weight watchers eating what ended up being probably 1300-1500 calories a day.........

Doing medifast for 5 weeks eating 900 calories a day (UGH dont get me started on how HORRIBLE that was for me)

Im basically trying to figure out WHAT I need to do to be HEALTHY, and lose weight?? Can i really lose weight eating 2000 calories???

Also add to that the fact that I would like to also gain muscle.............. I want to lose a good 40 lbs, according to BMI I NEED to lose a good 60 lbs.... so what is a girl to do????

Edited to add: I spent 3 months eating what MFP wanted me to eat and adding in exercise calories etc, and not losing... then I got a bodybug and ate with a 500-800 deficit etc, and didnt lose anything during that time.... (probably eating from 1500-2000 a day)

Replies

• KMA220
    KMA220 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Each and every person is different. I would try eating around your BMR, Plus any exercise calories. There is a BMR tool on here under Tools. Try that out and see how it goes. Adjust if needed.