Body By Vi

Options
This is something that is becoming popular in my area. I am not at all normally for these kinds of diets but I watched a video and it seems interesting...any feedback out there would be appreciated. It's basically 2 shakes a day and a meal, this goes on for 90 days.

Replies

• TRACYROADMAN
    Options
    I started these today i will let you know how it goes.
  • munchgen
    munchgen Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    There is a guy on here GClewis (I am friends with that sells the stuff and uses it) I have tried one and I liked and I am thinking about going to GNC and trying something similar I just don't see spending that kind of money on something that I am not going to use every day.
  • clang1
    clang1 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I was skeptical too but I use these twice a day - once as a breakfast replacement (because I wasn't eating a proper breakfast that contained protein, etc) and one as a snack. I love the taste of them and they really fill me up. I don't need to loose weight so I've decided to do this to just promote healthy eating and muscle development. I've noticed that along with my workouts, they seem to be helping me build that lean muscle we all like. You don't have to do the 90 days either....I've never personally signed up the challenge itself but I have been keeping track of my measurements and weights. You can order it and then cancel it at any time.
  • paperbagprincess
    Options
    I know a TON of ppl who sell this stuff. It seems to work really well for some ppl, others not so much. The ppl I find it works best on are ppl who need to lose a lot of weight (60-over 100lbs) or women trying to get rid of baby fat after a pregnancy. I know a few ppl who are trying for a 20lb weight loss and the shake has barely done anything for them.

I think it still needs to be paired with a good plan, like anything else. I don't believe that weight just melts off with a shake... unless you were quite unhealthy/overweight to begin with.

They do taste really good though! And judging by everything I read, they're insanely good for you so it really wouldn't hurt to take the 90 day challenge. Just don't solely rely on the shakes alone.
  • libby555
    libby555 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Tastes great! Great for breakfast (I like to add oatmeal and a banana to it) as it is low in calories, has some vitamins and a nice amount of protein. Not very different from the other protein shakes out there but it is expensive.

I don't recommend it as a meal replacement if you don't put any real substance into it. It just isn't very satisfying in my opinion and you will be hungry sooner than later. I like to use it as noted above for breakfast, dessert (for my terrible sweet tooth) and as a snack. There are a ton of recipes to use with it but you still need to be careful of what you put in it so not to have a lot of processed junk in it.
  • SlimSammy2012
    Options
    <~~Been on it since the first of the year. One shake a day and my daily Cals not to excced 1620. Lost 18.4 lbs as of today. If I exercised, it would be greater!
  • UntinyDancer
    Options
    I've been looking at it and at whey protein. I'm pretty sure this is a soy protein or a soy/whey blend.

I think that if I decide to go with a protein supplement, I'd go with something like Pro-blend 7. It is a blend of various whey proteins that are digested at different rates.
  • j3nnal3igh13
    Options
    I've tried it. I still use it as a breakfast every now and then. I did it last year too for a couple months and did lose 18 pounds. However, when winter came around I wasn't as strict with it and I gained every ounce back. I'm a firm believer in eating healthy and exersice. It's hard work, sucks at times, but the results are real and will (usually) last forever when you change your lifestyle. I would suggest saving your money to buy more fruit and veggies. :wink: (and the gas you get with it is TERRIBLE! :blushing: ) Good luck with whatever it is you decide!
  • Jessicaga82
    Jessicaga82 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I've been on them for almost three weeks i've only been doing one shake a day in the morning I haven't lost a thing but am down one inch on my stomach. When I started them I was sick so I haven't worked out with them. Yesterday I started doing two shakes im going to see if this makes any difference. I know you still need to exercise and eat healthy but they are pretty good as far as taste and tend to keep me full in the morning!
  • MMH86
    MMH86 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Edited by MFP moderator

AGREED! I'm all about the AdvoCare & the results it gives!!!!
  • bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Personally, I love Body by Vi mainly because it tastes better than most of the protein shakes I've had in the past. I just really like it, so it's a personal thing for me. I make my shakes with almond milk, white chocolate peanut butter and 1/2 a frozen banana...and ice. It is like a banana cream pie shake. SO GOOD!
  • TiffanySuscheck
    TiffanySuscheck Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    They worked great for me. But I eventually became sensitive to some ingredient and it started making me throw up :[

Until then, I lost about 10 pounds on it!
  • cre8freedom
    cre8freedom Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    This is something that is becoming popular in my area. I am not at all normally for these kinds of diets but I watched a video and it seems interesting...any feedback out there would be appreciated. It's basically 2 shakes a day and a meal, this goes on for 90 days.

My biggest opposition to trying this is that if you read the ingredients list it's super long and has nothing that you can pronounce. So you may be able to lose weight but at what cost? I believe in eating natural foods
  • look1angel
    Options
    Been on it since mid Feb. It's great for replacing my 2 meals a day. I typically only have time to eat once a day so this was a great way to keep my metabolism going. I like adding chocolate & 1/2 a banana to mine
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Remember your diet is only part of it, to shape your body you'll need some resistance. You'd probably get better results with Jillian's 30 Day Shred, I've done it and it's awesome! Just take a look through the Success Stories. I think the tape is $9 at Walmart or Target. Hard work trumps a shake any day.

I've never done any of the Body By Vi stuff or even joined a gym for that matter...I just eat right, drink plenty of water, run outside and lift weights (or do circuit training at home). I joined MFP to encourage my family to log their meals as that's where it counts. I just completed my first marathon last month and I'm already looking forward to my next race.
  • honestlysweet
    honestlysweet Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    bump for that last recipe, mmmm!
  • sroatan
    sroatan Posts: 5
    Options
    I use Body By Vi just to gain overall energy, so I drink 1 shake a day. I have some information and recipes on it.
  • lambertj
    lambertj Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    The sales for this are completely clogging my wall on FB. The problem I have with is is, once you go off it don't you gain the weight back? It contains soy protein, not good for you in such high doses (two shakes a day) and it has relatively low amounts of protein. How does doing the shakes teach you how to eat better? Dieting is so difficult, how does not eating two meals a day make it easier? It just doesn't seem life sustaining - who is willing to do this for a lifetime. From what I've been seeing on FB, its seems like a pyramid scheme to me, get three friends on board and you get yours free. They claim it's full of vitamins but all I see on the ingredient list are chemicals:

Other Ingredients: Soy Protein Isolate, Digestive Resistant
    Maltodextrin (from Fibersolâ„¢), Whey Protein Hydrolysate, Whey
    Protein Concentrate, DiCalcium Phosphate, Sunflower Oil, Natural
    and Artificial Flavor, Medium Chain Triglycerides, Maltodextrin, Gum
    Arabic, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Caseinate, DiMagnesium Phosphate,
    Magnesium Oxide, Soy Lecithin, Mono and Diglycerides, Patented
    Protease (from Aminogenâ„¢), DiPotassium Phosphate, Sucralose,
    Ascorbic Acid, Vitamin E Acetate, Chromium Amino Acid Chelate,
    Molybdenum Amino Acid Chelate, Selenium Amino Acid Chelate,
    Biotin, Vitamin A Palimate, Niacinamide, Potassium Iodide, Zinc
    Oxide, Copper Gluconate, Calcium Pantothenate, Cyanocobalamin,
    Manganese Sulfate, Cholecalciferol, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride,
    Thiamin Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Phytomenadione and Folic Acid.
    Contains: Milk and Soy
    Allergen Warning: Manufactured on equipment that processes
    products containing milk, egg, soybeans, wheat, shellfish, fish oil,
    tree nuts, and peanut flavor.
  • mickeygirliegirl
    mickeygirliegirl Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I am not a big fan of any of the shake "replacement meal" plans. Are you going to drink a shake (or two) for the rest of your life? I would rather make permanent dietary changes rather than a "quick" weight loss where the weight will no doubt be gained back.
  • kriskel
    kriskel Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    That list of ingredients is 90% vitamins
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!