are there 5'5 girls with 40-50 lbs loss?

Options

Replies

• LucieJean
    LucieJean Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    5'4"
    SW 229
    CW 199
    Goal Feeling right.

I started this trip 1 year ago on the 15th of April. I went to see a dietitian after talking in circles with my Dr. I was told to count calories - 1400 to start. It really takes a while to lose weight. If you eat the right foods, you can really eat alot of food. I work out 5+ days a week, ride a bike and walk at least 2 mile 5 days a week.

I have stalled - get on the scale and it doesn't move for what seems like forever. But I got on the other day and I am finally under 200lbs. It may only be 1 pound to some people - but to me after working so hard - It is AWESOME.

The hardest thing for me was admitting my weight to my family. The REAL number not the girl number. But the Best was after I did that - I started losing weight again. It was amazing relief. 30 lbs down, 49 to go.

I wish everyone the best in this journey. the hardest thing is to stick with it. I have now givin myself an "I don't care day" but even then I find myself measuring my food and picking the better choice - stir fry over pizza. I do care. I have worked hard and don't want to lose track of where I want to be. But I have the choice right.
  • LucieJean
    LucieJean Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Just be real. You didn't gain all your weight in a week, don't expect to have it gone in a week. Boy that would be great tho huh.

You will get there. Just keep counting. :)
  • lkayc
    lkayc Posts: 1
    Options
    Today I joined myfitnesspal so this is my first post.

I am 5'4" and have around 30 lbs. yet to lose. Last year I lost an additional 27lbs... took 6 months off and now am back to losing again. I just restarted 2 weeks ago. I've lost 7lbs in those 2 weeks.

So happy to be on my way again.

Great that this message board is for a specific group.
  • SheilaEwing
    Options
    I have struggled with weight all my life, topping the scale at my heaviest at 223. I was so tired of seeing my belly fat set in my lap, feeling so old and unattractive. I had a bit of success on my own but I had a baby and a good deal of the weight came back. Thankfully I found MFP and a group of ladies started a Biggest Loser contest. I am no longer a couch potato, I no longer consider cookies a main food group, and I exercise regularly, I now weigh 159.2, ten pounds from finally not being considered overweight! This is the lowest I have ever been in my adult life. I may lower my goal to in the high 130's or low 140's after I reach my current goal. I have never not been a over weight and I'm so close :-)
  • Cccaroline
    Cccaroline Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Caroline,
    I'm 5'5, I've been on mfp since last April, I've lost 47 lbs so far with a combination of diet and exercise. I have battled with my weight since I was a teenager, usually sitting somewhere between 15 abd 30 lbs overweight. Then in 2000, I stopped smoking and dieted to my goal weight, 125lbs. But I hadn't really made a lifestyle change, so, even although I swore I would never do it, the weight gradually went back on, and in the years that followed, I piled even more on. I ended up being far heavier than I had ever been in my life and felt constantly tired, never had any energy for anything, full of aches and pains, getting problems with my knees, ankles, and back, felt frumpy, ugly, and never felt like doing much.

Then in April last year, inspired by the success my daughter was having loosing her baby weight, I tried to loose weight again for the umpteenth time! This time I looked again at this app I had downloaded the previous year but not done much with - MFP.

I've always liked fresh, healthy food, but also used to also love chocolate, cheese, bread, Mc Donalds, biscuits, peanut butter, eating too much and being really full!!!

I started not only logging my food, but looking at the community pages, and getting friends to support me, and who I could support. I can honestly say mfp, and the friends I have made here, and support from my daughter and family have completely changed my life!!!

I found logging my food properly was a revelation, and that I could stick to my calorie allowance and eat really healthily.

After a couple of months, I started reading about different exercise regimes others were trying. I've never really done much exercise, only hiking on holidays and on the odd weekend. I was always really bad at any other exercise, especially aerobic types, even at school. I came accross c25k (couch to 5K running programme), which had had successes with complete couch potatoes like me, so I thought I'd give it a go! I completed that in the allotted 9 weeks last September and now I really love running! Before, loving ANY type of exercise has always been a really alien concept to me. Since then, I have joined the gym (I had never set foot in one before then), and 2-3 times a week I run, swim, do various cardio workouts, and a weights programme.

I don't think I have ever felt this full of energy and healthy in my life ( and I'm 50 now! )

I feel so grateful every day that I have managed to turn my life around.

I've still got a way to go, I can't seem to shift the last few pounds, but I will get there.

I really want to encourage anyone out there who is struggling to get their weight off like I was. I know it's been said before, but I can do this, anyone can. You won't believe how much better you can feel, and eating all that yummy fatteneng stuff and veging on the couch is just sooo not worth it.

If you haven't done so already, get off your backside and do some exercise, start logging food and exercise, eat healthy, stay within your cals target, and your body and mind will thank you!!!!

Here's a photo collage. I haven't got many from when I was really fat - I didn't like having my photo taken, surprise surprise! The first ones are from 2009 on holiday in New York (what an amazing city, I love love love it!!!), the second from last spring, and the last one from a few weeks ago, from a group my daughter took of me messing about in my bedroom, trying on some new clothes, my new favourite hobby!

I hope someone is inspired to continue on their journey, and thanks for taking the time to read mine. :flowerforyou:
    Caroline xx

October2009Dec2010andMar2012.jpg
  • PurpleGyrl13
    PurpleGyrl13 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Add me to this growing list of MFP friends. I'm 5'5" and am wanting to drop about 40 lbs. Have been on this long battle since Nov of 2010 when a friend and I joined WW. At that point I was about 194 and I had done well and lost about 18 lbs by June of 2011....however, summer came....which brought traveling to our vacation home in the mountains and then the fresh fruits which is all I think I lived on during the summer.......well I slowly found 12 of those 18 that I had lost and have been struggling ever since.

Joined a gym about 3 weeks ago and that's when I was introduced to this site. This site is my new addiction.

So since joining the gym and this site I've lost 7 lbs.

This is for anyone...feel free to send friend request. Need all the support, encouragement and motivation I can get!!!
  • wendinbill
    Options
    I'm 5'5", and have lost 17 pounds so far. I started at 195. I started Jan. 17th. I started by just doing the elliptical and walking. In March I started Chalean Extreme. I work out 6 days a week.
  • supersleever
    Options
    Im 5'5" and just lost 65 pounds.........with the help of weight loss surgery. Would recommend it for sure!
  • bonboncito
    bonboncito Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    yeah 5'5 and need to lose 85lb. hope to name new freinds and Support.
  • 81Kyra
    81Kyra Posts: 115
    Options
    I am 5'5 I started around 204 and now am 146(so far) here is a link to my "before and during" almost at the bottom of the page 20.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/525533-the-ultimate-pic-thread-only-pictures?error_user_id=1698824&error_username=81Kyra&page=20
  • MrsSamB
    MrsSamB Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Not a loss... but a "to lose".... I am currently at 170lbs.... just went to the doctor for some hormonal testing.... and part of the results were that I need to lose 40lbs!! HOLY COW!!!

I am 46 years old and that sounds like a huge number!! I do exercise - I try to make spin class 3x a week and I have just started pilates 1x a week.....

Watching the scale move so slow is going to be SO HARD!!

I love this website!!

We can do it!!!

She said it correctly "40-50 pound loss" as in the weight is already gone (so, the people she is requesting to give her weight loss tips are ones who have ALREADY lost the weight).

sam
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Anyone reading this post, feel free to add me!

I am 5'6"

SW: 214 (12/28/11)
    CW: 184 (04/04/12)
    GW: 136

I've been overweight most of my life; this is the first time I believe the changes I've made are permanent. It's 99% mental. Visualization and positive affirmations are absolutely key to success, IMHO!!
  • Cupcake1015
    Cupcake1015 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    bump
  • I have between 40-55 left to lose. One day at a time. Just record EVERYTHING you eat and try to keep it healthy stuff and balanced. Also, get moving. :)
  • notgivingup2012
    Options
    I'm 5'4 Ive lost a complete total of 70 lbs. I still have 50 to go. What has helped me lose weight is:

-I never drink calories.. (only diet soda and crystal light, Id rather eat a calorie then drink it lol)
    -Walk for a min of 30 minutes everyday
    -I drink a min of 1.5 Liters of water a day
    -Watch my carbs. I stay under 60 carbs a day. According to Jillianmicheals website for the type of person I am it said to stay under 60. Ever since I started really focusing on my carbs the weight has seem to come off faster.
  • kovoo32
    kovoo32 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    wtg,
  • kdoak87
    kdoak87 Posts: 27
    Options
    Bump! Some great stories :)
  • Lizlicious2187
    Lizlicious2187 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and and started around 186-188. I'm down 22 pounds to 166.6 (this morning!) and I would ideally like to be at 140 lbs! I've always been pretty athletic and did sports all through high school but I was never really fit. I honestly feel the best about myself right now than I ever have. Keep on truckin ladies! We got this!
  • msmotivated86
    msmotivated86 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and down 8 lbs with 30 more to go!

MFP starting weight: 228
    Goal weight: 190 (desired weight between 160-180 but I'm settling for 190 for right now)
    Current weight: 220

I'm on here everyday so I can stay on track. I've tried alot of diets but I decided to do it the right way this time so the weight doesn't come back on. Feel free to add me!
  • tsegears
    tsegears Posts: 94
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and down 21 pounds. I have 23 pounds to go. I started at 185. It is very challenging and I keep stumbling, but I get back up. I have posted in pictures yet because I'm waiting until I reach 25 pounds. I plan to be at my goal weight by August.

13107194.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!