What do you have your loss per week set at?

Options
I had mine at 1.5 pounds per week, but the amount of calories was set below my BMR. So, I just reset everything to 1 pound per week, which upped my calories to 1500 which is just above my BMR. What do you guys have your goals set at?

Replies

• graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Trying maintenance now, as I have dropped below my goal and am now 124Ibs at 5'9 and half.
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    I had mine at 1.5 pounds per week, but the amount of calories was set below my BMR. So, I just reset everything to 1 pound per week, which upped my calories to 1500 which is just above my BMR. What do you guys have your goals set at?

Ah, well I do not follow MFP's settings, as they want to me eat 1200 just to lose a lb a week, and it was just way too low.
    So I got my numbers ran by a helpful member and now I eat at 1600 (TDEE - 20%), plus exercise cals.

MFP says I have a defict of 90 calories per day and should lose about 0.2lbs per week.

I lose closer to 1.5lb per week.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    1 lb.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options

Ah, well I do not follow MFP's settings, as they want to me eat 1200 just to lose a lb a week, and it was just way too low.
    So I got my numbers ran by a helpful member and now I eat at 1600, plus exercise cals.

MFP says I should lose about 0.2lbs per week.

I lose closer to 1.5lb per week.

Nice Ive upped mine but the results seem slow............might try to up them even more!!!!!!
  • ResetJen
    ResetJen Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    mine is set to 1lb...slow and steady this time for me...previously when I have lost weight too fast my mind did not really accept
    the smaller size me and I gained back...So this time I'm committed to nutritional change for life and in doing so losing scale weight slower so my mind can reconcile the changes :wink:
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Just a bit under 1 lb/week (480 cal/day)
  • jovz10
    jovz10 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    maintenance and eat most of my exercise... i'm not in the rush anymore to lost the last 3lbs... i'm happy to what i've accomplished....
  • ckneasel
    ckneasel Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    i had mine set at 2lbs per week for several weeks, but have dropped that to 1lb per week... i still end up losing 2-3 pounds each week, and am slowly increasing my cals each week until i get very close to my maintainence level...

i don't really worry THAT much from day to day... the number that really matters to me is the end of the week...
  • derekmitchell
    Options
    I've set mine at 2 pounds per week, but I don't seem to achieve it. I seem to be doing 1 a week. I also set my caloric needs below the value suggested. Slow going though.
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    mine's set at one pound a week and I've been doing 5lb increments for my goal.... because when I started I NEVER thought I could even lose 5 pounds. it has been a nice surprise
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Mine is set at. 8 lb per week....in practice its about a pound. Working for me so far with not too much struggle at all.
  • Aureilie
    Aureilie Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    1.5lbs a week and I allow myself a cheat meal so it probably evens out closer to 1lb a week.
  • Gordie580
    Gordie580 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I have it set to 1lb per week but ave closer to 2.5-3 for a week.
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    2 lbs./week, I've got enough weight to lose that it isn't really a problem though.
  • elishabeish
    elishabeish Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    2 lbs./week, I've got enough weight to lose that it isn't really a problem though.

this
  • Silverstar46
    Silverstar46 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    2lbs per week because I have so much to lose. Perhaps once I get into the 100's I would change it to 1lb/week because I know the slower I do this, the easier it will be to maintain and the healthier I will be.

But when I first started I just wanted to get the fat OFF and so I made it the highest I possibly could.
  • beaglenutty
    beaglenutty Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    1lb a week
  • lingading
    lingading Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Started with it at 2 per week, plateaued for 3 months, changed it to 1.5 a week, continued to plateau for about 2 months, then all of a sudden I dropped 10 pounds over 2 weeks. Just changed it again today to 1.7 pounds a week :)
  • kimstwin
    kimstwin Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Mine is set to 1.5 loss weekly. Most weeks I lose 2 pounds. When I have less to lose (still have 80 to go), I will move to 1 pound. I want my calories!
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Set at 1 lb per week and usually lose 1.5lbs-2lbs. I knew early on that if I went too low on calories or set it too lose too much, that I would NEVER stick with it. So, I would rather have a bit more calories available and it take a bit longer.