Cauliflower Crust Pizza

Options
oneida_russet
oneida_russet Posts: 26 Member
Highly recommend this cauliflower crust pizza recipe. Made it last night for dinner - delish!

http://www.eat-drink-smile.com/2011/04/cauliflower-crust-pizza.html

Replies

• Jen0414
    Jen0414 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    absolutely love it!!!!!!!
  • ILoveJesus72
    ILoveJesus72 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Ok I am going to try the recipe. Thank you for sharing!!

Question: It calls for moz. cheese but I cannot have cheese. Do you think it would turn out with just the cauliflower and egg in the crust?
  • dancin2011
    dancin2011 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • Letty_c
    Letty_c Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • s0ready
    s0ready Posts: 99
    Options
    bump to try :wink:
  • deniseselah
    deniseselah Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    my friend has been raving about this - I will have to give it a try!
  • annamerrick
    annamerrick Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    bump...can't wait to try this!
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Whaaaaaaaaat. Trying this.
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    bump
  • gooseafur
    gooseafur Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I tried this....it was ok. There really wasn't much flavor. :o( I thought it was a lot of work...I'll be sticking with a tortilla. I has more carbs, but is way faster!!!
  • TuscanySun
    TuscanySun Posts: 3,608 Member
    Options
    I did this too....even my son liked it...however, it is alot of work and alot of cleanup. If you're going to do it, I strongly suggest adding seasonings to the crust mix, otherwise, super bland. I put in italian seasonings, basil, dried onions (alot) and garlic powder, along with pepper and kosher salt.

If you spice it up, its really delish!
  • inspirem
    inspirem Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    sounds yummy thanks for posting!
  • gooseafur
    gooseafur Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I did this too....even my son liked it...however, it is alot of work and alot of cleanup. If you're going to do it, I strongly suggest adding seasonings to the crust mix, otherwise, super bland. I put in italian seasonings, basil, dried onions (alot) and garlic powder, along with pepper and kosher salt.

If you spice it up, its really delish!

hmmmmm....maybe I'll give it another try!! Thanks for the advice!!
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Ok I am going to try the recipe. Thank you for sharing!!

Question: It calls for moz. cheese but I cannot have cheese. Do you think it would turn out with just the cauliflower and egg in the crust?

I am going to use soy cheese in this when I make it, I will let you know how it turns out.
  • TuscanySun
    TuscanySun Posts: 3,608 Member
    Options
    re: the cheese...when I made it, I used a quarter of what they called for in cheese, strictly for calorie control. If you dont mind eating it with a fork/spoon (more like a topped casserole) then this is fine. However, the cheese really is what makes it stick together so you can pick it up.

Also...if the recipe calls for you to use parchment paper...I highly recommend NOT to use it. The high temps just made it burn and set off the smoke alarms! I had good luck just using a regular baking sheet sprayed with non stick spray.
  • oneida_russet
    oneida_russet Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I used the parchment paper with excellent results. I flipped it after 15 minutes and baked for another 15. I have a large pizza flipper from pampered chef (think the size of the pancake turner in the movie Uncle Buck, lol) and that worked really well.

I also added more seasonings to the crust to give it additional flavor. I read the comments on the blog about using rice cheese, but I don't have any experience with that.

I processed three heads of cauliflower and saved the rest for mashed cauliflower tonight.
  • MaryMcnz
    MaryMcnz Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I just made this for the first time - it was delicious!
  • bestshiratakinoodles
    Options
    Thanks for share..i love pizza !!
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    thanks- bumping cauliflower pizza!
  • AbiLee1976
    Options
    Sounds great, I'll have to try it! Thank you for sharing. :flowerforyou: