• kekl
    kekl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    BOTH

:)
  • Aemely
    Aemely Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Hmm... First date? So, no pressure, right? I think McD's or Arby's vary widely by location, so if you must pick one, pick the nicest looking, best run one in your neighborhood. I've seen some very nice looking McD's, but there are plenty of crummy ones as well...

If you want a list of fast food joints to choose from, peruse ye olde Wiki list: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fast_food_restaurants . This list should do in any weight loss plans for sure. The best places from this list, IMHO, are In-n-Out (fresh fast food), Popeye's (spicy tenders, or new naked tenders), Chick-fil-A (spicy chicken), Subway (diet friendly), and Taco Bell (diet friendly, if you try). That is my completely biased opinion. I'm sure others will have their favorite "evil fast food"! Culver's butterburgers and frozen custard are quite good, but I wouldn't eat them in the same sitting; they will blow an entire day of points, I'm sure. Dairy Queen "with the curl on top" is an evil, but yummy option that might be fun. There's also Steak-n-Shake; you can do OK there if you stick with the tiny burgers and skinny fries and stay away from the shakes.

Honestly, fast food is only appropriate for a first date if it precedes or follows a movie or concert, or perhaps an "impromptu" first date "Hey, wanna go get McD's after BIO 201?".

GOOD LUCK! If I liked a guy, I don't think it would matter. ; )
  • Leiki
    Leiki Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Girls like sparkly things, and guys with confidence. Order for her, and get something wrapped in foil.
  • Aemely
    Options
    Girls like sparkly things, and guys with confidence. Order for her, and get something wrapped in foil.

Ha-ha! Nice. :laugh:
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Mcdonalds is disgusting and pathetic just saying crazy people go there..... and I'm not just saying that cause its unhealthy

Then slap my *kitten* and call me Sybil, because I frucking love McDonalds. What is your basis of fact for the above statement?

*tee hee* Haven't heard a Sybil reference in a while - that is fabulous!
  • jaireed
    jaireed Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    McDonald's, they do weddings too! Two birds one stone! Lol!
  • kmozymoz
    kmozymoz Posts: 187
    Options
    Starbucks.

Good idea. So why is Starbucks more acceptable than Arby's or McDonalds?

Because you can bring your macbook and pretend to be creative while really just surfing youtube.

I mean... because coffee has less calories and more expensive equals classier?

...It just is.

:laugh:
  • JMarigold
    JMarigold Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Arby's definitely the $1 Chocolate turnovers are to die for . . . on the other hand McDonald's has 3 cookies for $1 and you get variety . . . .

Choices, choices . . .

(I do believe not making that choice and getting it ALL got me to where I am)
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Make cookies and go to the park to walk around and chat. I think you'd have about a 75% success rate and it is cheaper than McDonalds.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    LOL!!! If I have to choose, Arbys, because the only thing I can eat at McDs w/o getting sick is the ice cream sundae. And, unless he's trying to give me a hint that he's no longer interested, the only reason we better be doing fast food in the first place is because it's enroute (or on the way home from) something where I'll burn it off like a trail hike or skiing.

Now....that said.... a 5th or 6th "date" where he has his kids that weekend... then any place with a play-scape (Chick-Fil-A,? Chuck-E-Cheese) is entirely understandable!
  • AmberFaith90
    AmberFaith90 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Oh lord! :brokenheart:
  • Lainn
    Lainn Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Don't you think either would be too much of a commitment already? I mean common...those both basically scream "MARRY ME!"

I would hit up the hot dog stand or the food shelter. Better to be safe dude....don't want her thinking too much into it.
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Don't you think either would be too much of a commitment already? I mean common...those both basically scream "MARRY ME!"

I would hit up the hot dog stand or the food shelter. Better to be safe dude....don't want her thinking too much into it.

I like the hot dog stand idea. I don't think the food shelter is very classy though. She may get the wrong impression.
  • Lainn
    Lainn Posts: 281 Member
    Options

I like the hot dog stand idea. I don't think the food shelter is very classy though. She may get the wrong impression.
    Hmmmmm maybe. Just don't move too fast. Girls HATE commitment or to be pampered....
  • Aemely
    Options
    Aww, I remember the Lucky Dog stands in NOLA. Happily married 17 yrs. later! But, I don't think it was fast food on the very FIRST date. :tongue:

By the way, call me crazy. Sometimes I get coffee at McD's. However, their breakfast foods all suck, so I stop at coffee.
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    McDs for the dinner, then surprise her with dessert at Arby's. Nothing says class like a Cherry Turnover. :tongue:
  • shannoninBC
    shannoninBC Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Well considering this will be your first and last date, why not drive down a dark alley somewhere and see if you can get in her pants. :devil:
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Well considering this will be your first and last date, why not drive down a dark alley somewhere and see if you can get in her pants. :devil:

He could always buy her beer first.....Young girls love that......I have to think that's who he's dating if he's talking them to McDonalds or Arbys.
  • shannoninBC
    shannoninBC Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    True jac cause at my age that's a decent date ;)