New Cto5K starting 4/2/12: Open to 5-7 people

Options
Hi everybody! I decided to re-do Cto5K and would LOVE LOVE LOVE to have some positive, committed buddies to tackle this with. Having a fun group to run with made all the difference when I did this before.

This group is open to 5-7 people of any fitness / experience level. To make this a meaningful group, here are some of my ideas:

1) We can each be assigned a day of the week to post an inspirational quote or picture, and keep up the rotation throughout the entire 9 weeks. When you sign up, claim the next available day of the week. Once the days are full, the group is closed.

2) Introduce yourself to the group and share a) what motivates you (so we know how to encourage each other) b) and why you want to complete the challenge

Any other ideas to keep it interesting and fresh are welcome.

Sooooo, I'll start. I'm Melissa. I'm claiming Monday and my next post will be a quote or picture to get us moving!!! :happy:

Replies

• Char_marcus
    Char_marcus Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Charlotte, and i'm claiming Tuesday, my next post will be an inspirational quote as i don't know how to post photo's
  • LauraSchaller
    LauraSchaller Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'm Laura & I'm claiming Wednesday!

I'm SO SO happy that I found this - JUST completed Week 1 Day 1 this afternoon and got on the msg boards to see if anyone else was doing. Glad I found this :) Add me if you wish! Good luck!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    YEAHHHHHHH!!! So excited to see you guys here! ;) Thank you for joining. :) Looking forward to getting to know you and doing this together.

Here's my Monday post:

65091157084117890_clwKEUqQ_c.jpg

Week 1, Day 1 done. I forgot how energizing it is to get out there. :)
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    Hi I'm Charlotte, and i'm claiming Tuesday, my next post will be an inspirational quote as i don't know how to post photo's

Hi Charlotte :) Thanks for being our Tuesday gal. Quotes are awesome - I love them! If you're interested in learning how to post photos - the basics are to:

1) upload a photo to a picture hosting site (like photobucket.com ).
    2) From there, copy the IMG code that will show up below it and paste that code into your MFP post
    3) In your MFP post, change the IMG that shows up in brackets and the front and end of the code to lower case letters. Don't make any other changes. Just change IMG to img and when you publish your post the picture should appear.

No worries if you're not into it though. Looking forward to your post tomorrow. :)
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    I'm Laura & I'm claiming Wednesday!

I'm SO SO happy that I found this - JUST completed Week 1 Day 1 this afternoon and got on the msg boards to see if anyone else was doing. Glad I found this :) Add me if you wish! Good luck!

Hi Laura - nice to meet you. I'm so glad to find other people just starting this too. As I was doing it I thought how helpful it would be to check in with buddies afterward.

Have you done this before or first stab at it? What are your reasons for doing it now?
  • amammaa4
    amammaa4 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm Dawn and I claim Thursday! I sometimes need to be reminded it's ok if I am the slowest runner out there. I tend to beat myself up that I can only jog at a 4.5 to a 4.7
    Wishing everyone the best of luck for the next 9 weeks! Lets do this!
  • amammaa4
    amammaa4 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Question???? Do we come back to this post on our said day to post our inspirations or will you be making a group?
  • Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Hi Im Melissa, Im on week 2 day 2. I have been repeating each week. Just so im really ready to move on to the next week. I would like to jion your group.
  • LauraSchaller
    LauraSchaller Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I've never done C25K before, this is my first go 'round. I've always wanted to get into running because of the long term effects it has on good health.. however, I was a basketball player for 6 years and in my mind - distance running = punishment for a bad game or practice. So I'm trying to work past that, even if I haven't played in 9 years! Everyone says they have great success with this, so I'm going for it!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    Hi Im Melissa, Im on week 2 day 2. I have been repeating each week. Just so im really ready to move on to the next week. I would like to jion your group.

Hi Melissa - looks like you're our Friday motivator - so on Friday will you post a motivational quote or picture? ;) Thanks for joining us - I love that you're already ahead - you can let us know what we're in for!

Good job for getting out there and doing it. :):flowerforyou:
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    Hello. I'm Dawn and I claim Thursday! I sometimes need to be reminded it's ok if I am the slowest runner out there. I tend to beat myself up that I can only jog at a 4.5 to a 4.7
    Wishing everyone the best of luck for the next 9 weeks! Lets do this!

Hi Dawn - :) Glad you joined us! You know what they say, no matter what your pace is, you're lapping everyone on the couch! :) I sometimes need this reminder too.

Thanks so much for sharing what your plan is.

And... I hadn't thought about movign this to be a "group" but we could. Any objections to just staying here for now? Or at least until we get the week filled?
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    I've never done C25K before, this is my first go 'round. I've always wanted to get into running because of the long term effects it has on good health.. however, I was a basketball player for 6 years and in my mind - distance running = punishment for a bad game or practice. So I'm trying to work past that, even if I haven't played in 9 years! Everyone says they have great success with this, so I'm going for it!

Awesome! I get tired simply watching a basketball game - all that back and forth, jumping, waving. :) I have great respect for athletes and always wished I were more coordinated / talented. Hope you enjoy this adventure.

I think running is really more mental than anything else. At least, I've found it to be that way. Which is why having a group of people who are also doing it helps me stay enthusiastic.

PS - I'm watching the KU / Kentucky game right now and WOW are those guys in amazing shape!!
  • alexsmith01
    alexsmith01 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I claim Saturday! :)
  • alexsmith01
    Options
    I claim Saturday! :)

Wanted to get in there before anyone else :P But now I can introduce myself!
    My name is Alex, I am from NZ, used to be really into running a couple of years back when I was at my best weight, now I am trying to get back into it.
    My favourite types of exercise are running/walking and yoga - I used to be part of a gym because I thought I should strength train but it just made me feel guilty about doing what I DO like (running outdoors, and yoga) because if I did those things I felt like I was wasting my gym membership - silly I know.
    So long story short, I have quit, and focusing on running and yoga - plus whatever else I feel like :) and no need to feel guilty about any of it haha. I have a couple of 5kg weights, an exercise ball and a resistance band at home so if I feel the urge to do strength training I can use them.
    Oh, I'm also pescatarian (eat no meat except fish).

If anyone wants to follow me on pinterest - alexsmith01 I think I am? My email is alexandrasmith01@gmail.com if you need it to find me. I have a board dedicated to fitness :)
  • alexsmith01
    Options
    Also - which C25K program are you guys doing? There are a million around, I want to make sure I am doing the right one :)
  • alexsmith01
    Options
    Question???? Do we come back to this post on our said day to post our inspirations or will you be making a group?

Come back to this one I believe? :)
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    is this still open? i'd love to join!
  • alexsmith01
    Options
    is this still open? i'd love to join!

You can be Sunday! That must be us full - I'm adding you all as friends :)
  • Char_marcus
    Char_marcus Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, this is Tuesdays motivational quote

"Running is a big question mark that's there each and every day. It asks you, 'Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?'"
    - Peter Maher, Canadian marathon runner

Thanks for the photo tutorial as well, i have tried several different ones and nothing has worked so far, may try next week

Also i am on week1 run3 tomorrow then onto week 2 friday xx
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    Hi everyone, this is Tuesdays motivational quote

"Running is a big question mark that's there each and every day. It asks you, 'Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?'"
    - Peter Maher, Canadian marathon runner

Thanks for the photo tutorial as well, i have tried several different ones and nothing has worked so far, may try next week

Also i am on week1 run3 tomorrow then onto week 2 friday xx

Yay!!! Thanks for posting this today! This is a GREAT quote to get us started. Tomorrow ( day 2 of week 1 for me) I will be asking myself "am I going to be a wimp or going to be strong?" I know the answer!!!

Today was my "off day" since I started yesterday. The program I followed before recommends at least 3 runs a week. Is this the schedule you'll be following too ?? Looking forward to my run tomorrow!

Today I didn't get any cardio in but I'm doing a push up challenge with some of my college buddies. They're upping the stakes and working me out!!!

What did you all do today (Tuesday) ??

PS - Enjoy your run tomorrow, jealous that you're wrapping up week 1 already!!! :)