MFP Runner's Club

Options

Replies

• schlieffen
    schlieffen Posts: 269
    Options
    Did week 6, day 2 of couch to 5k this morning (2x10min run with 3 min walk break in between). By 8:30am it was already super hot and humid, so I have to confess that I didn't quite finish the last 10 minute run (I did about 7 of it). By the time I stopped I was a little light headed and glad I stopped, the heat was a little much. Oh well.
  • Emmyleww
    Emmyleww Posts: 278
    Options
    Did week 6, day 2 of couch to 5k this morning (2x10min run with 3 min walk break in between). By 8:30am it was already super hot and humid, so I have to confess that I didn't quite finish the last 10 minute run (I did about 7 of it). By the time I stopped I was a little light headed and glad I stopped, the heat was a little much. Oh well.

Great job getting out there! It's very hard for me to run in the humidity as well and it's a struggle just to get out there. I always try though and even if you don't feel like it right away you will be glad you did it. It's good you stopped, getting light headed is nothing to ignore. Keep up the good work!
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I had a 7 mile tempo run today. Have a great day everybody.:smile:
  • RunRideRay
    RunRideRay Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    Julie, Maybe the leprachauns were afraid you'd take em running? Surely the treasure awaits. :drinker:

Satcrush, love that quote too. Never thought of the earth spinning beneath my feet.

Had a "juicy" one tonight too, but sweated out an easy 6 before I taper for the 1/2 this weekend.

Becky, you crack me up. But don't crack yourself up?!? I typically learn the hard way too and love the advice. Spot on! Love the note on running form. It can be incredibly revealing to get some video of yourself running on a treadmill, looking for any swings, imbalances, and side/side motion.

I totall agree with Tom, speed is a very personal objective. I learned a long time ago there are always people faster and slower than you. Second point, don't ever think anything is too fast, you'll suprise yourself if you work at it. Last point, height is only a constraint if you make it one. At 6'4" I am well above the perfect 5'8" runner frame. So, who cares? I make the best of it.

Happy trails everyone!
    Raymond
  • gustergirl
    gustergirl Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Rest day for me! But AMAZING news.....

I have a charity event tonight which has a set cost and knowing what I will pull in from that

I HAVE HIT MY FUNDRAISING TOTAL FOR TEAM IN TRAINING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

$2,000
    :drinker: :bigsmile: :laugh: :happy: :drinker: :drinker:

So happy/excited/relieved!!!

Have a good weekend everyone!
  • jabdye
    jabdye Posts: 4,059 Member
    Options
    Well rainman -- they way i see it all you need to do is give me your excess height and we'll both be perfect:noway:

runnderdad -- thanks for the insight on your times. I have something to look forward to. i know I have already increased my time. My running buddy and I never had a watch to track pace on our long runs until I got my garmin....and it just confirms that we are able to go faster with the same amount of exertion. Hope that makes sense -- it seems we run the same but the watch is telling us we are improving -- man I love that watch :love:

Shuntae -- LOVE the quote -- thanks for sharing. I now have Kechie's quote about dancing in the rain and yours taped to my computer! I love them both! Thanks for being so positive!

Got in 5.5 easy miles today. one more run and I have completed week 10 of 13 in my training -- the 1/2 is approaching quickly! Looking forward to a nice long run on Sunday! Hoping the lightning stays away :)

Happy Friday!
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Good morning:flowerforyou:

Back from vacation. We went to the beach to relax for a couple of days. I'm tired.:yawn:

I did drag myself out of bed for 7 miles at an easy pace (10:30) this morning.:noway:

I see I have lots of reading to catch up on. I can't wait to see what I missed. You all are amazing!

Enjoy the day
    -Kechie.
  • jodi0117
    jodi0117 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Rest day for me! But AMAZING news.....

I have a charity event tonight which has a set cost and knowing what I will pull in from that

I HAVE HIT MY FUNDRAISING TOTAL FOR TEAM IN TRAINING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

$2,000
    :drinker: :bigsmile: :laugh: :happy: :drinker: :drinker:

So happy/excited/relieved!!!

Have a good weekend everyone!

That is so awesome! Congratulations!
  • jodi0117
    Options
    Got in 5.5 easy miles today. one more run and I have completed week 10 of 13 in my training -- the 1/2 is approaching quickly! Looking forward to a nice long run on Sunday! Hoping the lightning stays away :)

Happy Friday!

Week 10--great job! Sounds like you'll be ready!
  • jodi0117
    Options
    No running today. It is strange to have so much extra time these last few mornings. It has been 2-3 years since I took a whole week off running--I'm good though! I've managed to keep my eating in check and have been doing more yoga, ab/arm work and leg work that doesn't bother my hip.

I'll be glad to get back out there, but for now, I will live vicariously through all of you!

Have a great weekend!
    Jodi
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Well this is day 5 of running in the mornings for me and this one was short and punishing :laugh:
    2.1 hard miles but as always feel great now that its done :love:
  • christine918
    Options
    Hey everybody! :flowerforyou:
    I took off down the road for a six miler. So I'm jogging along jammin to my music when out of nowhere came 3 vicious, barking, growling, biting dogs!!! They surrounded me and proceeded to bite the backs of my legs and my hands! The owner up on the hill just looked at me for like 10 min!!! I asked him (while sobbing) if he could get his dogs! He slowly moseyed on down to the road and attempted to keep them off of me long enough for me to start back home.. NOPE! aTheyh would NOT leaveme alone! With the man beating them with a stick, we made it to his house where he let me use his phone to call my husband to come and get me! I think this is my scariest:::frown: expeience of my running carer yet!
    The dog owners called today to say they took the dogs to the pound! I still think I will run the other way for a while! lol

146230.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Christine- I'm really sorry to hear that! That is not a fun experience thats for sure. One time a big german shepard came running up to me really fast and then it looked like he was about to bite my hand off and then suddenly just stopped but it was way scary and theres another dog I used to run really slow by his fence cause he would freak out and bark and jump up when I went by... SCARY... I'm glad you got home safely!

I did a quick 4.75... it was a nice and sweaty run :bigsmile: HAPPY RUNNING ALL!!!!!

~Leash :heart:
  • kechiemc
    Options
    Good morning:flowerforyou:

No running for me today, resting.

I am very excited b/c today is new coach training for Girls on the Run. It is so fun to see all of the new and returning coaches. Girls on the Run is a national organization. Contact your local group to find out how you can become a coach or sign an 8-12 year old girl up for a life changing experience.

Enjoy the day
    -Kechie.
  • kechiemc
    Options
    I took off down the road for a six miler. So I'm jogging along jammin to my music when out of nowhere came 3 vicious, barking, growling, biting dogs!!! They surrounded me and proceeded to bite the backs of my legs and my hands! The owner up on the hill just looked at me for like 10 min!!! I asked him (while sobbing) if he could get his dogs! He slowly moseyed on down to the road and attempted to keep them off of me long enough for me to start back home.. NOPE! aTheyh would NOT leaveme alone! With the man beating them with a stick, we made it to his house where he let me use his phone to call my husband to come and get me! I think this is my scariest:::frown: expeience of my running carer yet!
    The dog owners called today to say they took the dogs to the pound! I still think I will run the other way for a while! lol

Were you hurt? If so, the owners are responsible for your medical bills. That is why we pay homeowner's insurance. I am so sorry that happened to you. I have been threatened and chased but never actually attacked. I cannot recall the company but they sell some very effective doggie spray to protect runners.

:heart: -Kechie.
  • christine918
    Options

Were you hurt? If so, the owners are responsible for your medical bills. That is why we pay homeowner's insurance. I am so sorry that happened to you. I have been threatened and chased but never actually attacked. I cannot recall the company but they sell some very effective doggie spray to protect runners.

:heart: -Kechie.

Thank you so much! I will look into that right away!

146230.png
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options

Oh my gosh!!! That is scary!! There is this stuff that supposedly works called Halt! that they sell at the running store. I can NOT believe that the owner let them attack you and just watched!!! :noway: Hope you are ok!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    10 mile run for me today!!! Wasn't planning to go so long, but one of my buddies is marathon training so I told her I'd run at least 6 w/ her. Felt good so finished up the whole 10. :bigsmile:

Took the family to an awesome state park hiking y'day and got in at least 4+ miles hiking. LOVE it! :bigsmile:
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options

146230.png

Oh, how scary! I can't believe the owner just stood there and watched. Some people. :grumble: Anyhow, I'm glad you're OK. :flowerforyou:
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    5.5 miles for me today. It was supposed to be 8, but the 96% humidity got the better of me. I'm kind of bummed because it would have been my longest run yet...but on the bright side, my easy pace is getting faster!

So, now that I've finished today, I've made it through Week 7 of 14...halfway through!

Happy running!