T.H.E. (Trying Hard Everyday) TEAM - Week 26

Options
13»

Replies

• adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    cyndee, good to hear from you. guess i should be checking facebook more often...

so far so good today. having ravioli for dnner becuz we're having lots of guests, so i made sure i have plenty of salad and veggies so i don't pig out on pasta. making the kids mac n cheese, which used to be a family favorite meal, then found out its like 600 cals for a cup... so not worth it! LOL

got an email from my mom - which is good - she's still really pissed - which isn't good. but hey, contact is contact, i told her she can call the boys anytime and talk to them, we weren't cutting off any contact between them. so we'll see.
  • indianagranny
    Options
    Hi Team

Cyndeebee - glad to hear you are feeling better. I have missed your posting

Debbie - Get Well Soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Prayerfulmom - Sorry to hear you have been down with your disease. Hope you continue feeling better.

LI4G - love the cakes. I agree with whoever said maybe you should work in the bakery.

Buttonnose - Have a wonderful vacation if I don't talk to you before you leave. I will look for your pm to post on Friday.

Kristi - Hi nice to see your smiling face back.

Lulu - hi hope you aren't working too hard.

I am stressing hard gals over my job and my boss to the point it is affecting my health - headaches that are unbelievable. Margaritas that were unearned on Monday didn't help either. I am maintaining at above four pounds above were I should be. TOM has arrived again due to stress. Like others I put myself here and am working to get back on track - exercising more and more each day. trying to eat all healthy and earn any bad snacks and pushing it all out with water. I want to get back on track but trying to deal with this stress at work first before I go off the deep end.

Have a good night all.
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Oh man people, (((((((((((((((((big group hug))))))))))))))))). Too many are sick, stressed or otherwise suffering. Breathe with me.....deeeeeeeeeep breath in........ loooooooong breath out. Clear your lungs, your heart, your head. Prayers for our group of friends tonight that all feel better, healthier, happier....

Whether we're on track, getting back on track, or totally derailed ~ The great thing is that we are here, posting and being keenly aware when we are not doing as we should ~ for most of us, just a few short months ago, we weren't even thinking about what we were putting into our bodies. It is a definite step in the right direction just being aware - and now, just loving ourselves enough to force that discipline on ourselves is the next natural step. Be strong friends.

later gang,
    lulu:flowerforyou:
  • healthymom2009
    Options
    Ditto what Lulu said! I have had an up and down week too - emotional eating for no reason. I was feeling really guilty until I realized how few times I have done this and how small the binge actually was. I am getting healthier, WAY HEALTHIER than I was last year at this time. I've changed jobs and lifestyle and am SO MUCH HAPPIER.

Each day is a step forward and a humbling one at times. We have all learned so much about ourselves and are better for it.

Tomorrow is a new day :flowerforyou:
  • aprilrenee71
    Options
    I had my daughter hide my scale. I am back to my walking and watching what I eat. I do not think I will document it because it is just to much for me to keep up with. I will be returning to school next week and the kids start school so I believe that is enough.

I will only weigh once a month. The next time I weigh will be Sept 12. I am gonna see if this works better for me.

Where is Sheila? She told me to come back and now she is gone...
  • cyndeebee
    cyndeebee Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Thanks, lulu, for your inspirational message. I really need it right now. Trying not to get discouraged about my health, but now it's TWO weeks since I first got sick, and I'm so weak. I'm craving a "normal" day right now. I keep putting off going to the clinic, because I see my family doctor on Monday, but if I get any worse, I'll go. Pretty sure I need antibiotics to clear this up...

But otherwise, I'm being good with calories, and REALLY good with water. I actually crave water.. That's a blessing and a curse. On the one hand, water flushes out the salt and other toxins, but on the other hand, when you have extreme fits of coughing, you find yourself running for the bathroom...with your legs crossed...:laugh:

Anyway, that's it for me. Just checking in and trying to stay on track.
    Sorry, lisa, that work is hard for you right now. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. And you, too, anita...because I know your boss is a boob...

Sending love and hugs to everyone. Wishing us all a very happy weigh-in.
  • adopt4
    Options
    Morning, all. Probably afternoon for most of you! Relatives just left and boys are wild and crazy (school stars Sept 1! Will I survive??) Went over a bit on calories yesterday but not up to maintenance, and since it was a big family thing, I don't care. I could have skipped dessert but when the cake is made by a master baker, well, you don't skip those cakes... LOL Only had one small piece though and the piece was still pretty big, but not like I used to eat big. Ended up making twice as much ravioli as we needed, so we have lots of leftovers. The new boys ended up loving the ravioli although I made them mac n cheese so it was a bonus there, another food they will eat. I am seeing a few ounces drop off here and there so I am getting back on track, although still 4 pounds up.

The scary thing to me is that I gained 4 pounds in a month. It happened so fast and I didn't eat that much out of control! My body SO WANTS to put fat on. I wonder if that will ever stop?

Finished the show X Weighted I was talking about. She started my size, within a few pounds, so it was good to get an idea of what I look like now (not nearly as horrible as I thought, although obviously overweight) and then at the end she was at 185 - which is my second goal. Also made me realize that that weight is too much for someone my size, she still had a lot of fat on her and probably in the same places I will. Making me realize my end goal may be too heavy for my frame, we'll have to see though, I'm not changing it till I get there and maintain for awhile. Although I'd love to be there tomorrow, what I"m realizing is this process is what will keep my at my goal weight, the things I'm learning on this journey about me and my body and how I react to things - these are things I need to know. LIke how easy it is to gain 4 pounds in a month...
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Hey gang just a quick check, gotta get to work. gardening and weight training for me today. Good work out. snuck out and weighed myself, no change. Which is a bummer. But, its sort of TOM. By the way, any one else peri-menapausal? I went about 8 or 9 months without a visit from aunt flo and then now here she is. I am not amused!

Have a great day.

Lulu - thanks remembering to breathe is important right now. Love you!!!

Nita - where are you??

Prayerfulmom - my prayers are with you! Love to you all!

Kristi
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Hey gang ~ Hope everyone is feeling a bit better today. Just stopping in to say hi ~ Tomorrow is weigh-in....:indifferent: We'll see how it goes. Until then.... have a great night!

lulu:heart:
  • healthymom2009
    Options
    This month its not about the pounds lost but trying to eat small portions of healthy stuff. Both my stepdaughters have joined the gym and are talking about what they are eating, etc. Its really cool to be the majority in the house now. My husband is very supportive too but he would NEVER join a gym. He gladly spends time with the 3 yr old while I get my "sanity break" at the gym. He's happy that I am happy with myself. Guess I am easier to live with this way lol.:smile:

Tried the rowing machine for 15 minutes. How do those things work???? Want to start working my upper body during cardio. Guess its back to the pool in the fall.

Challenge: What fitness activity would you choose when you reach your goal weight? I want to take a canoe trip with my husband. We both love canoeing but are too out of shape to enjoy it very much. Something to work towards.:flowerforyou: (adopt4 - I love Xweighted too)
  • adopt4
    Options
    prayerful -yeah, those rowing things don't seem to do anything for me... have to try them again. trainer had me do it and i was like, big deal.

challenge - hmm... i'd like to ride in RAGBRAI if they still do it - that's ride a bike across the state of Iowa. Had friends who did it, say it's a lot of fun. or i would like to take a dance class of some kind... need to make myself more graceful, KWIM??
  • healthymom2009
    Options