Turbo Jam

Options
Has anyone used Turbo Jam?? I have the Beach Body one and im thinking I would like to start it...but im wondering does it work?? I do know that some thing may work for one person and not the other but im just curious to know if anyone has tried it! :happy:

Replies

• CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I've been using it for a few years now, and I'm still in love with it! I have all of them, including the ball workouts. Haven't graduated to Turbo Fire yet, but I will. :smile: Gives me a great calorie burn!
  • MommyBea
    MommyBea Posts: 84
    Options
    I've been using it for a few years now, and I'm still in love with it! I have all of them, including the ball workouts. Haven't graduated to Turbo Fire yet, but I will. :smile: Gives me a great calorie burn!

Cool....I really wanna start it and if i like it then i can get more for sure...will 20 mins of it tho give me a good burn?? I think would def have to start with the 20min workout first off!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    Did you get the whole set with the schedule? You should start with Learn & Burn to learn the moves, and then do the 20 min. I do that one when I don't have a lot of time. I probably burn about 180ish when I do it, it just depends on how much energy you're putting into it. I punch like I'm trying to hurt someone! :bigsmile:
  • MommyBea
    Options
    I dont have the whole set..just the beach body but there is a learn and burn and i did use it a few years back and enjoyed the feeling that i was kicking someones *kitten*...I def think i have tons of energy to put into it! =D
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    I'm really confused! Beachbody is the company that puts Turbo Jam out. That first set has Learn & Burn, 20 min, Cardio Party, Ab Jam and Turbo Sculpt (plus Punch, Kick & Jam with the weighted gloves if you got it through the website).
  • MommyBea
    Options
    I'm really confused! Beachbody is the company that puts Turbo Jam out. That first set has Learn & Burn, 20 min, Cardio Party, Ab Jam and Turbo Sculpt (plus Punch, Kick & Jam with the weighted gloves if you got it through the website).

Ohh let me check out what i have...LOL! ummm ohhh okay i have Turbo Jam its 2 dvds
    -learn and Burn
    -20 minute workout
    - Turbo Sculpt
    -Ab Jam
    - Cardio Party
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have all the DVDs. I did it for a month and did not lose anything, not a pound not an inch. I stopped doing it. I think I was already doing lots of cardio and had hit a plateau so this wasn't really stepping it up enough for me. But it is lots of fun and if you don't do lots of exercise already you should see great changes. You can google the schedule. You should be able to find it online.
  • THTchristina
    THTchristina Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I did this about two years ago. I had to stay at home and baby sit my little brother so I had no life, for the entire summer. So all I did was workout with weights AND turbo jam. Results were that I lost about 10lbs in two months. My diet was really clean because there was absolutely no junk at home, and once again, I had no life so going out to eat did not happen.
    And just for extra info, I am not overweight nor underweight, just average, yet I lost that much solely from proper eating and exercise :)
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    I did it and I loved it so much I did Turbo Fire, which is way more intense! I love Turbo Fire more because, well, you burn more, but Turbo Jam is absolutely great to start with!!!

Another awesome one by the same chick is ChaLean Extreme. It focuses more on strength training than cardio.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    Chalene also has something called Hip Hop Hustle which looks like a lot of fun. She has a fan version (it was originally for people who want to teach the class). I know you can get it on her Powder Blue site, not sure about anywhere else.

I think I've seen the TJ schedule posted on the boards here.
  • butterflyliz32
    butterflyliz32 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Turbo Jam. I do Cardio Party 1 for 40+ min and usually burn 700-750 calories. I was doing it pretty hard core last year, but have fallen out of the habit. I was losing some weight, but definitely inches. I also have TurboFire, but I need a hell of a lot more fitness in me to do that one. I am just not coordinated enough for the quick change moves.

Turbo Jam is a big part of why I became a Bachbody coach. I like getting my discounts on the products :)
  • shannon4health
    Options
    Hi Ladies,
    I just ordered Turbo Jam on Sunday......I can NOT wait for it to get here so I can bust out some calories:)

I really liked the Turbo Fire reviews but thought TJ would be good to work my way up to it. My Husband is starting Insanity and I am doing TJ....I would love to work out with him but I just love music and have a feeling that I wouldn't stick to Insanity yet:)

Please add me as a friend!! I would love some Beach Body friends on MFP:)
  • Sarahx86
    Sarahx86 Posts: 77
    Options
    I am starting turbo jam today!
  • katieckols
    katieckols Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just got turbo jam in the mail TODAY! Im so excited to start! I want to be able to move on to turbo fire sooner or later. Any one who wants to add me as a friend pls feel free too! :)
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    Well...??? How did you guys like it?!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,966 Member
    Options
    I liked Turbo Jam! It's a fun cardio workout. I liked the 20 minute workout and Cardio party. I didn't care much for Turbo Sculpt though. It has you using really low weights and lots of reps. I don't like that.
  • kellsma
    kellsma Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have the DVDs and love it; however, I am now going to the live classes. My gym has the classes. They are way more fun in person. A couple of years ago I went to classes Chalene and Anna-Rita taught. Wow, those were some intense classes, I live in Orange County and that is where Chalene lives with her family. She is so amazing in person and does a great class. I think she only teaches once a week now at a 24 hour fitness and I belong to another gym but they have the official classes 4 days a week. After losing 43 lbs I went back last night for the first time in years. So much fun and I was drenched. 3 turbos in the live class. Yikes. I tried Zumba on Friday and was so bored so doing this instead and love it so much more. The live classes are called TurboKick and are taught at many 24 hour fitness gyms across the country. Definitely worth trying live if you have the opportunity. I see her on the freeway once in a while. Can't miss her blinged out white range rover with personalized plate "Turbo....something"
    I would definitely recommend and don't think the 20 minute workout is easier it is not it is just shorter. I love the cardio partys and I actually really like the sculpting one. I do that 4 days a week wtih 8 lb weights and really feel it.
  • melanielockard
    melanielockard Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    yes!! love it! i did it for about 9 months, would still be doing it, but am doing c25k right now. you will love it, its fun. good luck!!
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    Has anyone used Turbo Jam?? I have the Beach Body one and im thinking I would like to start it...but im wondering does it work?? I do know that some thing may work for one person and not the other but im just curious to know if anyone has tried it! :happy:
    Results may vary. I followed Turbo Jam's plan for 2 months. I've gained 2 inches in my waist and gained 4lbs. Muscle? Water? Some invisible man standing on my scale? Not sure, but all I know is, after two months and no visible signs of improvement it wasn't worth my money.