Xbox 360 Kinect

Options
hufflypuff
hufflypuff Posts: 185 Member
Who else uses this as their form of exercise? What games do you love? What games have you found not so enjoyable? Tell us about them.

My favorite 2 games right now are a couple of xbox arcade

#1- Rhythm Party: This is a fun dance game that you make your own moves for so you don't have to watch it tell you that you are not doing things right! You move your whole body and get a nice cardio work out. Demo is available on xbox live and you can purchase the whole game for $10. The down side is it starts off with only 10 songs but they each have 4 difficulties and you can buy extra song packs for 240 points. Each song pack has 3 songs.

#2- Fruit Ninja- Also available on xbox arcade and the code also comes in the game Gunstringer (post if you have questions about that one). It is the same game you love to play on your phone but this way you are standing up and working your arms out. Lots of stuff to unlock (for those of us who have to unlock everything) keeps the game fun for a long time and ever changing challenges along with leader boards where you can play against your friends make it feel like fun until you wake up the next morning with sore arms. I believe this is also $10 with some other random stuff you can buy on the market place.

Both of these games are completely playable with a standard xbox silver membership. No need to purchase gold.

Replies

• carrotstick2012
    Options
    The game that comes with the system is good. I also like the Kinect Sports (I have season 2) and the dancing one. I'm thinking of getting a few more games just for some extra calorie burning.
  • annamolly22
    Options
    I'm all about the dancing games. Dance Central and Just Dance are both great, every edition. I tried the Zumba demo, but wasn't a huge fan. That might just be because I'm so in love with the songs we dance to in my class, so the songs in the demo didn't float my boat.
  • carrotstick2012
    Options
    I'm all about the dancing games. Dance Central and Just Dance are both great, every edition. I tried the Zumba demo, but wasn't a huge fan. That might just be because I'm so in love with the songs we dance to in my class, so the songs in the demo didn't float my boat.

Which of the dance games give you a calorie burn count?
  • hufflypuff
    Options
    Dance Central and Dance Central 2 both have fitness modes with routines that are certain length in time and have different goals in mind such as warming up or cardio burst or endurance cardio. The game also gives you a reading of calories burned but lets be honest... the game really doesn't know how much you burned to any accurate level. It's just going off time vs. intensity.
  • hufflypuff
    Options
    The game that comes with the system is good. I also like the Kinect Sports (I have season 2) and the dancing one. I'm thinking of getting a few more games just for some extra calorie burning.

I agree. Kinect adventures that comes with the kinect is great fun and an awesome work out.
  • jordgirl
    jordgirl Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I love Dance Central 2! But I agree, I don't really believe the calorie count that they tell me...it is still a blast that they track your time and everything though! Now that I'm getting up to playing the songs on hard, I fully believe it's a good workout! Haha, very fun, too. :)
  • kwaddell1987
    kwaddell1987 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Never tried dance central, but i love Just Dance 3 and i actually enjoy the zumba game, i also like the fact that it shows how many calories u burn
  • Chastityx
    Chastityx Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Wipeout! Like the tv show.
  • deadgirl81
    deadgirl81 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I was using the Fitness Evolved games before I got the 30 Day Shred, but I have Zumba as well on it - I'm more into the guitar games tho
  • hufflypuff
    Options
    Never tried dance central, but i love Just Dance 3 and i actually enjoy the zumba game, i also like the fact that it shows how many calories u burn

I didn't like the first zumba game much but I downloaded the demo for the new Zumba fitness rush and I"m considering buying the full game.
  • hufflypuff
    Options

I like Dance Central a lot more than Just dance but its a matter of preference on music. Just dance has a lot wider selection of music and dance style. But Dance Central plays a lot better and has simpler to follow instructions. That could just be the fact I played DC for a year before Just Dance 3 was out on Kinect so I was used to it. I do have to say I was very disappointed with Dance Master and Dance paradise.
  • hufflypuff
    Options
    Wipeout! Like the tv show.

The TV show is great to watch. I would compete on it if given the chance. I have been really skeptical about the game and I have not been able to get a demo for it off the marketplace to crush or confirm my skepticism.
  • GMC_81
    GMC_81 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I use Dance central (I like the workout mode calorie counter) and enjoy Kinect Sports (you can download a calorie pack for that too) and have Biggest Loser as well.

If I'm thinking of calorie burn I'll do Dance Central over the others. I use BL when I want a focused workout (weights etc)

I like to download the demos so then I dont get bored and I delete them when I've got fed up with them.
  • hufflypuff
    Options
    I use Dance central (I like the workout mode calorie counter) and enjoy Kinect Sports (you can download a calorie pack for that too) and have Biggest Loser as well.

If I'm thinking of calorie burn I'll do Dance Central over the others. I use BL when I want a focused workout (weights etc)

I like to download the demos so then I dont get bored and I delete them when I've got fed up with them.

The new Zumba Fitness Rush demo is fun but only 2 songs. The demo for Your shape fitness evolved 2012 has some African dance and a jump rope routine that I enjoyed. I would also highly suggest trying out Rhythm Party demo if you have not already.
  • carrotstick2012
    Options
    Dance Central and Dance Central 2 both have fitness modes with routines that are certain length in time and have different goals in mind such as warming up or cardio burst or endurance cardio. The game also gives you a reading of calories burned but lets be honest... the game really doesn't know how much you burned to any accurate level. It's just going off time vs. intensity.

True though I note in the multiplayer games it gives different calorie burns even when working together so it must have some sort of forumula for working it out. I log my main exercise of the day, not the xbox one, so it doesn't really matter but it is nice to feel it is making a difference :-) Like anything, it's all best estimate.
  • kwaddell1987
    kwaddell1987 Posts: 70 Member
    Options

I didn't like the first zumba game much but I downloaded the demo for the new Zumba fitness rush and I"m considering buying the full game.

i meant to say i have the zumba rush, i really enjoy it, the music isnt that great, but i love the movement, i really get a nice burn doing it
  • androde
    androde Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I use the boxing the most, and sometimes the bowling
  • hufflypuff
    Options

I bought Zumba Rush yesterday and just tried it today. I finished a short, medium intensity class and it was a lot of fun. I did some single songs and 40 minutes of exercise had passed in a flash. I bought it pre-owned from Game Stop so i could return it if I didn't like it but so far so good. I'm going to give it a few more days and if i still like it I will have another great way to get some cardio in during these rainy days before summer kicks in. So far the music is even pretty good. Poison is my favorite song so far.

i meant to say i have the zumba rush, i really enjoy it, the music isnt that great, but i love the movement, i really get a nice burn doing it
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I prefer to lift weights as at least part of my workouts so console games won't work for me. Might have to try some sometime just for fun though.
  • hufflypuff
    Options
    I prefer to lift weights as at least part of my workouts so console games won't work for me. Might have to try some sometime just for fun though.

I believe.most of the actual fitness game do incorporate weights as part of the workout and they prompt good posture. Not so great for a seasoned lifter but for a beginner it isn't a bad choice.