i want a flatter stomach and ABS!!

Options
my vow is to have a flatter tummy w/ a side of six pack by JULY!! any suggestions or tips!?!?!?

Replies

• Trig0r
    Trig0r Posts: 47
    Options
    Dont fall for anything that says it will burn fat from your stomach/abs.

Your body will burn fat from wherever it feels like it, depends on your body's make up..
  • Nix_
    Nix_ Posts: 94
    Options
    Cardio!

You want see abs until you get rid of the fat that is on top of it :) HIIT is a good!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    get rid of the body fat, thats the only way to get abs... if you dont do strength training start... and do lots!
  • cookiesandjuice
    Options
    @ Trig0r most definitly!! i want this to be a new lifestyle not one of those "quick fix" changes

@nixynoodle yea ive read up on HIIT before, ive been looking for a motivated workout partner to try this with. hopefully i get one soon
  • jmatthews75
    jmatthews75 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Don't we all?
  • cookiesandjuice
    Options
    @ Tavistocktoad right, ive been eating ALOT better no sugars, starchs, etc. im just anxious to see if all this will pay off.. the top area is coming in ok, its jus that lower pooch thats being stubburn...itll probably the last thing to go =\
  • MizzDoc
    MizzDoc Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    my vow is to have a flatter tummy w/ a side of six pack by JULY!! any suggestions or tips!?!?!?

http://www.sixpackfactory.com/beginner-6-pack-abs-workout/
  • Nix_
    Nix_ Posts: 94
    Options
    Don't wait for a workout partner, you need to rely on your self and get motivated :) Besides, when doing HIIT, you should be working so hard that you can't talk, so you don't need a buddy ;) Honestly, just go for it! Once you've done it once you'll feel good and want to do it again.
  • lickmybaconcakes
    lickmybaconcakes Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    stick to a diet plan of lowering body fat while retaining a fairly high amount of muscle.
  • kayleesays
    kayleesays Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Reverse crunches :D
  • ablykins
    ablykins Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    stick to a diet plan of lowering body fat while retaining a fairly high amount of muscle.

Agreed- lowering your body fat is key to being able to see your abs. About 80% of flat abs is dietary compliance to a good diet, 20% training and strengthening. Cut out the processed foods ASAP, cut the refined carbs, and really watch that sugar intake.
  • lady_in_weighting
    lady_in_weighting Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    i want abs too but as im already 15% BF i dont think i should go much lower, hoping that a good protein and wholegrain carb fuelled diet coupled by heaps of abs exercises will get me there :)
  • stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Diet is paramount to getting abs.. Too many people think you can sit there and do 1000 situps everyday and it will give you abs.. You need to see those layers of fat disappear. So cardio and your diet need to be spot on

for me I am off to see a nutrionist who was a winner in her league of natural body building :)

I say use what ever utilities you can to get to where you want to be
  • mandylooo
    mandylooo Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    i want abs too but as im already 15% BF i dont think i should go much lower, hoping that a good protein and wholegrain carb fuelled diet coupled by heaps of abs exercises will get me there :)

Yes - I think you're the exception to the body fat rule - it does sound like you need to build muscle - you're heading in the right direction :-)