newbie-help me with logging food

Options
I have been logging my food--but how do i log food that i cook-- for example--like if i make chicken casserole and i eat 1 serving--how do i log that-- do i log every single item in the recipe? i am so confused on how to be accurate and log correctly--thanks so much

Replies

• castaliavt
    castaliavt Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I use the recipe calculator a lot. Don't bother making it public, that way you won't have to deal with writing out instructions or anything. You can input whatever you want for serving sizes. I probably am up to about 25 recipes now!

Then when you log your food, just click on your recipe tab and you can add it to your daily log.
  • jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    yup this is what i do also.. it helps alot.. an when some one else makes something.. like i have a friend that makes me bread i had her write the recipe down so i know exactly what im eating...
  • Pandalicious
    Options
    Measure every ingredient that you put in the dish, then enter these in the recipe calculator, count how many servings are in the dish/recipe and then you can log a serving of the recipe in your food diary :)