Women and Younger Men...

Options

Replies

• Neliel
    Neliel Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I had the same issue when I first started dating my current boyfriend who is 4 years younger than me. Made doubley weird by the fact that he's the same age as my younger brother! Actually, he's 3 months younger than my brother. And it still feels awkward when I tell people that he's younger than me but it's not going to stop me from dating him. We match far too well to let something as insignificant as a couple of years difference stop us. I say, if you're both happy, then you shouldn't let it bother you.
  • ♥ChUbByCoyLe♥
    ♥ChUbByCoyLe♥ Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    And another good thing about being with a younger man is that everyone asumes i am a litle older than him :tongue: Which means lots of people shaving at least 7 years off my age :wink:
  • DogsK
    DogsK Posts: 94
    Options
    why are you even asking this question. 3 years is a drop in the ocean. If you like the bloke just go for it and see what happens
  • Arrica
    Arrica Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    My hubby is three years younger than me and by far more mature than my ex husband who is 2 years older than me. At this stage of the game age is just a number. :smile:
  • katB_83
    katB_83 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My boy is younger than me and I can honestly say it doesnt matter one bit to me. I always dated older men but this is my happiest relationship ever.

If you like the person and think it could work then age is as they say nothing but a number.

I say go for it - i did and its the best decision i ever made.
  • luvmycoffee
    luvmycoffee Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I never thought I'd date someone younger & then I met the guy who changed all that! :wink:

My husband is 5 years younger than I am & we have a great relationship.

I say, do what makes YOU happy! :flowerforyou:
  • knl124
    knl124 Posts: 44
    Options
    Thanks everyone! This definitely helps!
  • lordbyron46
    lordbyron46 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    3 years get a grip, enjoy youself when your 80 no one is gonna be bothered if your fella is 77 !
  • UticaBoy51
    UticaBoy51 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Don't sweat it, have fun. Boys don't grow up until their mid 40's and that is debatable. :smile:
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Unless you're a teenager, age is just a number. My husband is 5 1/2 yrs younger than me and we are celebrating our fifteenth anniversary next week. It's never been an issue at all in any way. And it keeps me motivated to take care of myself so I'm not old and falling apart while he's still young :wink: You always hear that women tend to outlive their husbands so I figure this way, maybe we'll be around together longer. Younger men can be as mature as an older man, just depends on the guy.
  • MissNations
    MissNations Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Younger men are the way to go. Less set in their ways and more open to trying new things/having fun. I'm dating a guy 2.5 years younger and he's the best. :smile:
  • JessK78
    JessK78 Posts: 26
    Options
    I'm 33 my boyfriend is 27 I had reservations at first but nearly 3 years later it's all good. Plus he's hot and has the stamina of an ox ;)
  • jkaupanger
    Options
    my boyfriend is 15 years younger than me. Oye is all I can say about the first few years. I love him, and don't want anyone else, but should something happen, I will never date anyone that much younger than I am. And we've been together 11 years, so something seems to be going right.
  • Kenyah6247
    Kenyah6247 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My dad is 5years younger than my mom and they have been married 34years now.
    :smile:
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    My husband is 4 years younger then me and we've been together for 12 years, married for almost 11. Prior to this I was married to an older (10 years) man for 5 years. He was definitely more immature then my current husband. After my divorce, my Mother told me that I needed a man young enough to train (my Dad is 7 years younger then her) because it works much better. I can honestly say, that's the best advice my Mother ever gave me.
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    I want me a cougar.

:glasses: Same.

Struggling to find nice girls around my age locally!
  • AntShanny
    AntShanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    3 years is nothing...I was 37, he was 22...although I'm not sure I'd call it "dating" exactly...
  • jchrisman717
    jchrisman717 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    3 years is nothing. My husband is 12 years younger than me and we get along perfectly! Its all in individual personality.
  • Abrowe313
    Abrowe313 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    people put so many limitations on themselves for dating and it could really cause you to pass up someone great, as long as the age difference isnt creapy like 15- 20 yrs different go for it, allow yourself the opportunity to get to know him. i have a friend who only dates black guys and thats fine but because she refuses to date outside of her preferance she has missed out on alot of good guys that were into her. dont set bounderies for dating, judge it on a person by person basis because everyone is different. good luck!
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Go for it. 3 years is no big deal. If it makes you happy then go for it.

I know so many women that are dating or married to younger men. Actually two of my bestfriends are married to men that are 3 years younger then them.

As well, my good friend's mom is married to a man who is 10 years younger than her, and my Director is married to a man 8 years younger than her...