Do you long in EVERY calorie?

Options
2»

Replies

• raiderrodney
    raiderrodney Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Unless it's calorie free it adds up so yeah, I try and log everything ;)
  • NewFitKeri
    NewFitKeri Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I do log every single thing...it can be irritating at times, but I learned it was the best way to keep myself accountable! I also learned how easy it is to add other calories without even noticing! For example, I even log a cup of green tea(0 cals) and my daily multivitamin(0 cals) so that I am trully keeping track of everything.. This just works for me, but everyone is different!

Best of luck to you all!:flowerforyou:
  • Zalovar
    Zalovar Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I don't generally log everything. The things I don't usually log are snacks that have very little calories like dill pickles, vegetables, etc, unless I'm eating more than just a little bit. However, I also do not log every bit of extra physical activity either. Its not uncommon for me to do 15 mins of exercise sporadically throughout the day, maybe some pushups, etc. I figured the exercise balanced against not logging the some of the low cal snacks probably end up breaking even at the end of the day. So far I haven't had any problems losing weight doing it this way and as long as it works, I'll keep sticking to it. If it stops working, I'll adjust and move on. It probably helps that I try to be fairly conservative (on the side of caution) when it comes to logging things.
  • lizzue
    lizzue Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I try but I know I dont, I usually have about 100-200 calories left over at the end of the day which I think balances out all the little things I eat without taking note...

also I dont note down dog walking as its just my everyday life so that helps too :-) x
  • Jen_ht
    Jen_ht Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Depends on the item I'm talking about - many liquids such as milk and cordials/soft drinks have a lot more cals than you can think, cake I definitely would and I think I'd just check up on the mints and gum to see how many they are each - If I acccidentally munch down on two or three and they're 30 cals each I'd definitely log. I think it's important to keep track of the little things, as many of the people here have said, it's so easy to graze and accidentally push you over your daily goal!
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Mostly everything. If I have drink or bite from my fiances food, then I probably won't log it. But like today, I had 3 mini hashbrowns from his breakfast (from Chick fil a) so I logged that as 1/4 of an order (even though it was less). I do take the time to add anything that I drink, any condiments, and coffee creamer.

I wouldn't log gum though, that seems silly to me. I rarely chew it anyways.
  • kaileydesjardine
    Options
    i try to!
  • kaileydesjardine
    Options
    but then again, it hard to figure out what to log!
  • Frayed_Ends
    Options
    I try to, but dang it sucks to pull out the phone EVERY time something goes in my mouth. :-)
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Not for small stuff like that, it would drive me crazy.
  • Zero2hero2013
    Options
    i log all the foods i eat and any drinks except tea, i dont seem to log the tea.
  • bangersnmash90
    Options
    I really try. I'm a grazer so if I didn't, I really would be over my calories. Plus, I'm an accountant so by nature I'm pretty anal about it :)

Haha SNAP!
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    I will log a Snickers miniature at 43 calories, but I am not going to bother logging gum calories. I probably average 3 to 5 pieces a day. Worrying about those calories would be more hassle than it is worth.

If my wife asks me to try something or my daughter wants to share a few fries, I will usually do a quick add to my diary with an estimate.
  • k8lyn_235
    k8lyn_235 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    if it's half a chocolate covered pretzel or part of a candy bar - yes.
    gum, mints, vitamins, etc - no.

i also tend to not log my ketchup use. i know i really really should, but i'm scared to, lol. i need ketchup on basically any meat i eat, but i do try to limit the amount i use.
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    i try to...except the frooties at the gym i mean its cancelled out by the 3 flights of stairs i took to get there anyway lol
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I don't log gum, because as you chew you're burning those calories.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Not mints but sometimes I will log in the gum I chew.

I really do try to log every item of food I consume because even if it's just 3 Hershey's kisses, they still have calories.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Sorry, sometimes I forget how badly some people eat. It's hard because my perspective is different than others. I haven't stepped into a fast food joint in years, as an example. I don't eat much processed food at all. So, I'm just thinking gum and stuff like that. I don't log coffee because it's 5 calories and I have 3 or 4 cups. Big whoop. That's a rounding error.
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    For me, pretty much everything... except the splash of milk on my oatmeal. However I'm of the thought that if you're losing weight, whatever you're doing is working. If it stops working, make sure portions are correct, log little things you weren't logging before, that sort of thing.